Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

^^^

Thanks. I guess I'll rent a car. I would like to spend a little more time exploring out there but I was trying to get in and out to keep the wife's bitching to a minimum.

dmusicstud

First post - thanks for the all the tips about Octane Academy - I'm headed there on 10/3-10/4. Finally convinced my wife that it was worth it to go :)

Nice! That's when I'll be out attending as well. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn the OA recommended.

Waiting for my confirmation from Ford Performance since I missed registration deadline by a few days (Tommy at Ford Performance didn't think it would be a problem...

I booked my hotel at the Comfort Inn as well! Looks like only a few of us going to the 10/3-10/4 day - 10 or so...

Nice! That's when I'll be out attending as well. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn the OA recommended.

How long is the deadline because I can't go this year, I got my letter today even though I bought the car in February

Thank you, I'll give them a call on Monday
I just spoke with Tommy earlier this week - the number listed on the letter. Hoping they can work something out for you. He told me they're pretty rigid on the 1 year deadline. I got my letter last week - already past most of the deadlines (Purchased my FiST in December 2015). Hadn't even heard about it until last week. It's a great opportunity

Waiting for my confirmation from Ford Performance since I missed registration deadline by a few days (Tommy at Ford Performance didn't think it would be a problem...

I booked my hotel at the Comfort Inn as well! Looks like only a few of us going to the 10/3-10/4 day - 10 or so...
I'm sure they are trying to fill in that class (there were only 3 when I signed up), so I'm sure they will let you join. I was hoping for a smaller class so we could get more track time!

Do you plan to go to the reception dinner the day before at Hoonigan? Any other plans while out there? I think after the track day I am going to check out the south shore of the Salt Lake and then drive out to Bonneville Salt flats in the evening. I fly out at noon the next day.

Placed 4th out of 20. Would have got 3rd almost 2nd bit I hit 1cone. Top 5 times were all Fiesta owners

I think after the track day I am going to check out the south shore of the Salt Lake and then drive out to Bonneville Salt flats in the evening. I fly out at noon the next day.
The Salt Lake close up isn't that impressive honestly. I stopped by Antelope Island and went out to the "beach." It's smelly and has lots of bugs. The Salt Flats were awesome. I went out there to the rest stop where you can walk out on the salt flats after dinner on the track day. I don't regret it, but even at 85-85MPH, that's a longer drive than it seems. You will be tired after the track day and it will be pretty late when you arrive back at your hotel.

Placed 4th out of 20. Would have got 3rd almost 2nd bit I hit 1cone. Top 5 times were all Fiesta owners
I don't know where I placed, but I never got a hang of the happy handle. If it was more like a regular autocross I probably would have done a reasonable amount better.

I just wish somebody would answer the phone to see if I can get in next year. I've called several times since I got my letter the other day

dmusicstud

Just finished Octane Academy today. What a trip! I put my trophy in my carry on luggage. I got pulled out of line in security, but another TSA manager had seen the Hoonigan handle trophy before, and said they are allowed.

I was 3rd or 4th out on the urban course. FiST owners generally placed higher than FoST owners.

The FoST had way too much body roll for my tastes on the UMC track.

Got to see the new Focus RS's, the new Raptor course they're building, and the potential RS course.

Just finished Octane Academy today. What a trip! I put my trophy in my carry on luggage. I got pulled out of line in security, but another TSA manager had seen the Hoonigan handle trophy before, and said they are allowed.

I was 3rd or 4th out on the urban course. FiST owners generally placed higher than FoST owners.

The FoST had way too much body roll for my tastes on the UMC track.

Got to see the new Focus RS's, the new Raptor course they're building, and the potential RS course.
I was kinda worried about the trophy, but I got pulled aside because I accidentally left a water bottle in my backpack. :p I even accidentally left my toiletries bag in my duffel bag and they didn't pull that out.

I don't know where I placed on the course but I didn't do so great. Handbrake turns just killed it for me.

The Focus was definitely quicker, but I still maintain my position that the Fiesta is the better car.

Is Ford still doing this since the RS came out? I went with my FoST and it was a blast along with the 1 day FRS, that was an awesome deal in itself.

Ok so this maybe good news for me :) I bought a leftovers 16 so if I get a letter you bet I'm going :)
I didn't even wait for a letter. I found out about this on the forum and contacted them through the website directly to get booked. I would highly suggest doing that. I think Oct is the last month they run for this year. I assume next year it starts back but I don't know for sure.