Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When are you attending ST Octane Academy?

Just get on the STOA website and sign up with your vin. No need to get a letter. I never got a letter for it. If it was a new car purchase you can do it anytime up to a year from the purchase date.

Just get on the STOA website and sign up with your vin. No need to get a letter. I never got a letter for it. If it was a new car purchase you can do it anytime up to a year from the purchase date.
Thanks looks like dates are available but only this month. Hopefully some will be there next year or later this year. This is not something I would miss, an amazing bargain as with the FRS 1 day school.

I just completed the 10/4 class as well. There were 19 students in the class (1 of the 20 scheduled did not show; they sure missed out) and 6 instructors. That is an outstanding student to instructor ratio; they were typically taking 3-6 people aside with each instructor so you got individual attention throughout the course. All the instructors were world-class drivers and very professional. This is a great introductory class and has definitely got me chomping at the bit to do some autocross in the near future.

The instructors have as much fun with the course as the students and they are all for having the class continue into the future. As stated by others they are getting the RS program rolling, and working on the Raptor course.

They shut the facility down at the end of October and start back up in April I believe. They do have an extended winter up there. I know I ran into some flurries heading up to the reception at Hoonigan HQ in Park City, and there was snow on quite a few of the mountain tops.

I did not risk carrying my trophy in my carry on luggage, but I forgot a water bottle and got flagged for that anyways.

Yeah, it ends in October for this year. You have to wait for next year in April if you don't sign up for October. I recommend not going during the hottest part of the summer. It was pretty hot out when I went in July.

You can gift it to someone in your direct family that is interested in "racing" cars..
Side note; why would you spend the extra money on a ST if your not a car person?

I'm heading out on the 22nd this month for mine.
We (my wife and I and the kid) are flying out on the 22nd as well.

Will I be "that guy" if I bring my helmet? I don't really like the idea of using a loaner helmet even if they provide headsocks.

We (my wife and I and the kid) are flying out on the 22nd as well.

Will I be "that guy" if I bring my helmet? I don't really like the idea of using a loaner helmet even if they provide headsocks.
To be honest, I'm not sure about the helmet. I work at Porsche here in Atlanta and for our track we don't allow helmets nor do we provide them at all.

I did seem to recall something about Ford providing a fire suit...so perhaps they are fully gearing us up? My personal helmet isn't anything spectacular so I'll leave it at home regardless.

See you there!

-Daniel

To be honest, I'm not sure about the helmet. I work at Porsche here in Atlanta and for our track we don't allow helmets nor do we provide them at all.

I did seem to recall something about Ford providing a fire suit...so perhaps they are fully gearing us up? My personal helmet isn't anything spectacular so I'll leave it at home regardless.

See you there!

-Daniel
So Porsche doesn't allow helmets at all? Que?

Yeah, they make us wear a single layer fire suit. I might just use theirs since it's sorta a PITA to fly w/my gear.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The provided fire suits seemed fine to me, not too hot mid summer. The helmets were also fine, but they did not offer any headsocks. I do believe one person in my group also brought their own helmet. If you have one, I would bring it. Nobody is going to care, as long as it meets current standards (which i doubt they would check)

So Porsche doesn't allow helmets at all? Que?

Yeah, they make us wear a single layer fire suit. I might just use theirs since it's sorta a PITA to fly w/my gear.
Don't quote me on this but I think it is a visibility issue here. The track is lined very closely with guard rails.

Yes you can bring your own helmet.
I know I can bring my own but will I be "that guy" who everything thinks is a super dork for bringing their own gear..hahaha.

Don't quote me on this but I think it is a visibility issue here. The track is lined very closely with guard rails.
OIC. That seems weird but whatevs...

See you Saturday. I'll probably be wearing my Ford GT team jacket so say hi.

They do provide a firesuit and helmet bit no headsock. I felt the same way so I took a bandana. Don't own my own helmet. And you will probably be "that guy" if you take yours. But who cares, take yours you know it fits right and you won't have to worry about messing with theres

I brought my own helmet and no one seemed to give a shit. And if they did I wouldnt of cared in the least. Do what you want and dont worry about the others. Its a good time for sure though. Whenever you get a group of people together and involve driving cars fast, you make alot of friends real quick.

Just received my letter last Friday...since I don't have any availability to go in October, I'm assuming I have to wait until April?

I brought my own helmet and no one seemed to give a shit. And if they did I wouldnt of cared in the least. Do what you want and dont worry about the others. Its a good time for sure though. Whenever you get a group of people together and involve driving cars fast, you make alot of friends real quick.
I'm joking about the helmet question. [hihi]

Just received my letter last Friday...since I don't have any availability to go in October, I'm assuming I have to wait until April?
Yeah, you'll have to wait. I'd wait until winter is fully over in SLC just to make sure you get the maximum amount of fun on track.