Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radio wont turn off with car off. Wrong area i know.

TheStig

I know this is the wrong area but my Sync took a shit this morning apparently, the volume adjust wouldnt work while driving so i tried to change the station and that would work. Even hit the power off button on the radio and it says its turned off via the screen, you can even press it back on, scan stations, etc. But the radio does not power off.

Even if I turn the car off and arm the alarm, she just keeps running. The battery cables are so stuck to their posts i cant get them off without damaging the battery it would seem.

Does anyone know what fuse to pull to turn it off. My car is currently sitting outside my work with the god damn radio running inside it.

Appreciate it, mods can delete or move once i get an answer, just wanted a high traffic area.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I know this is the wrong area but my Sync took a shit this morning apparently, the volume adjust wouldnt work while driving so i tried to change the station and that would work. Even hit the power off button on the radio and it says its turned off via the screen, you can even press it back on, scan stations, etc. But the radio does not power off.

Even if I turn the car off and arm the alarm, she just keeps running. The battery cables are so stuck to their posts i cant get them off without damaging the battery it would seem.

Does anyone know what fuse to pull to turn it off. My car is currently sitting outside my work with the god damn radio running inside it.

Appreciate it, mods can delete or move once i get an answer, just wanted a high traffic area.
Dont have the manual in the glove box? Or search for manual on the forum? But to answer pull fuse 10. Top of the fuse panel 3 fromthe left. 15 amps. Behind the glove box.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #3
That did the trick, i looked in the manual (which i do keep in the glovebox) and saw how to get to the panel but did not see any layout of that set of fuses, only the ones under the hood.

I cant believe that the Sync system shat the bed on me for the 2nd time now. So frustrating.

Appreciate the help again and the move, I was pinched for time being at work and trying to get it done in sparing breaks before it ran the battery down.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
2-3 more pages after the engine side fuses and relay is the passenger. I keep an electronic copy of the manual so I can easily search the manual for what I want.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #5
Yeah ill find that for myself. Just the most odd failure ive seen. Not like its that cold either, was 40 outside.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #6
After letting it sit for awhile, re-installed that fuse and rebooted Sync. Now it works without a hitch. Have to keep my eye on it in case it freaks out again.