Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cargo cover pin broken... Replace?

Looking to find out what part # I need to replace my left cargo cover pin, looks to be attached to the side moulding. Pic attached.

Anyone know if Ford would fix this under warranty? I rarely use my hatch for anything, it seems to have broken spontaneously. image.jpeg

koozy

3000 Post Club

koozy

3000 Post Club
no, mine didn't break. It's a cover and I don't put anything on it or rough with it, so I don't suspect mine will break for a long time, but if it does I'll fix it myself.

Mine broke and I just glued it all back together with gorilla glue. I went to the dealer and asked for a price on the part and... you have to buy the whole trunk cover assembly so it's $189.

Zissou

Looking to find out what part # I need to replace my left cargo cover pin, looks to be attached to the side moulding. Pic attached.

Anyone know if Ford would fix this under warranty? I rarely use my hatch for anything, it seems to have broken spontaneously. View attachment 8168
That should be covered under warranty. My part of the cover that clips into there broke and they replaced it.

My pins haven't broken but my cover is getting pretty beat up. Whenever I drive with the windows down the rear cover goes flying around.

Next service Ill have them look at it.

if you want to fix it yourself...

Here's another DIY solution. Parts sourced from Home Depot.

Two 1/4" fender washers, a 1/4-20 pan head screw 1-1/2 long, a nut, a lock washer, and a 1" nylon spacer from one of the specialty drawers.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/fo...g-street-autocrosser/85752/page3/#post1725352
Very handy, good job, and resourceful. Just don't have DIY repairs done like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtSd3WhtAI

(all in fun :D

OP
C
Thread Starter #16
What are you? A service manager?
I'm not going to argue how it was a warranty issue, but if you take it in there and say you want it replaced under warranty they might do it.
They replaced my thing under warranty.
Just as an FYI, I was able to get mine replaced under warranty as well.