Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kansas City area meet?

Several look interesting, it seems. The loop that goes around Perry Lake could be nice. [I certainly like the name!] And the old K-10 route from Alma southwest could be good, too. Looks like it follows the terrain, which could be fun.
Let me know which one you'd like to do. I love seeing new scenery so I'm down for any/all lol.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #22
Let me know which one you'd like to do. I love seeing new scenery so I'm down for any/all lol.
Okay, so--it's Monday! I forgot to ask--do you have your FiST yet? If not, soon, I hope.

I'm not sure how to dig up more FiST owners in the area. This forum seems the most active of the ones I've visited, so it would seem the best choice of FiestaST forums. Do you think it might be worthwhile to use the KCSR forum or similar to scare more Fiesta ST owners out of the weeds--assuming that there's some effective way of doing so on there at all? Any other ideas? Not that it wouldn't be enjoyable with just two of us, but it seems likely more fun if we can get a larger group together.

Okay, so--it's Monday! I forgot to ask--do you have your FiST yet? If not, soon, I hope.

I'm not sure how to dig up more FiST owners in the area. This forum seems the most active of the ones I've visited, so it would seem the best choice of FiestaST forums. Do you think it might be worthwhile to use the KCSR forum or similar to scare more Fiesta ST owners out of the weeds--assuming that there's some effective way of doing so on there at all? Any other ideas? Not that it wouldn't be enjoyable with just two of us, but it seems likely more fun if we can get a larger group together.
Ugh! No... I have not gotten it yet unfortunately... They were supposed to call us today if it came in and they never did. So disappointed. He said either Monday or Tuesday so hopefully it will be in tomorrow. I talked to my bf who browses the kcsr forums more and he said he's only seen a focus ST owner. It would be a wider net though if we posted something on there. Maybe rather than limiting it to fiestas, we could make it open to everyone. Or we could browse around and join up with another cruise event that isn't specific to FiST. What do you think?

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #24
I think to make it a little more fun it'd be worthwhile to make/join an event that has enough participants to be really fun. That said, I'm not sure how to go about it. I just search around on the KCSR forum and couldn't find anything at all about Fiesta STs. Sometime, though, I'd hope to get enough FiST owners together to do something car-specific. May never get to that, but, hey, a guy can hope, right? I just put a note on the FiestaST forum FB page, encouraging anyone interested to drop in and drop a note. Maybe a note on KCSR and/or elsewhere encouraging same would be good? Could you/are you comfortable doing that?

I think to make it a little more fun it'd be worthwhile to make/join an event that has enough participants to be really fun. That said, I'm not sure how to go about it. I just search around on the KCSR forum and couldn't find anything at all about Fiesta STs. Sometime, though, I'd hope to get enough FiST owners together to do something car-specific. May never get to that, but, hey, a guy can hope, right? I just put a note on the FiestaST forum FB page, encouraging anyone interested to drop in and drop a note. Maybe a note on KCSR and/or elsewhere encouraging same would be good? Could you/are you comfortable doing that?
I was able to find out that the kcsr cruise is May 10 th if you'd like to go. I'll see what else I can find... Maybe post something on the forums/fb page.

Oh, on a side note, I got my fiesta yesterday! Hence is why I haven't been on here much lol. uploadfromtaptalk1393470565986.jpg

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #28
I was able to find out that the kcsr cruise is May 10 th if you'd like to go. I'll see what else I can find... Maybe post something on the forums/fb page.
I'll put it on the calendar! Could be kinda tough, as that's right near the end of school. (I'm a teacher--and the end of school gets kinda hectic!) But I'll try to plan for it!

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #29
Oh, on a side note, I got my fiesta yesterday! Hence is why I haven't been on here much lol. View attachment 580
Beautiful! Love the color! [cheers] I notice the red brake calipers--which means there's at least that difference between yours and mine. I opted not to get the Rado Grey wheels and red calipers. But I am strongly considering painting my calipers when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Hope you're having fun with it! Just looking at yours makes me wanna go out for a drive!

I'll put it on the calendar! Could be kinda tough, as that's right near the end of school. (I'm a teacher--and the end of school gets kinda hectic!) But I'll try to plan for it!
Sounds good, I'll keep you posted on the details as it gets closer to the event. It would be great if we could get more FiSTs to go or even FoSTs. We found a fb group called Kansas City Ford ST Owners who are also planning some hangout dates. Not many Fiestas but its strictly a FiST/FoST group I believe. Should be fun!

Beautiful! Love the color! [cheers] I notice the red brake calipers--which means there's at least that difference between yours and mine. I opted not to get the Rado Grey wheels and red calipers. But I am strongly considering painting my calipers when the weather gets a bit warmer.

Hope you're having fun with it! Just looking at yours makes me wanna go out for a drive!
I think the red brakes give it a more aggressive look. We weren't originally going to get the gray wheels or red brakes but the FiST they found for us just happened to have them. I'm pretty happy with them. The whole car in fact. I've only had one error which is the low tire sensor. For some reason it came on last night and I can't get it to go away. I checked all the tires. One was a smidge low so I added some air of course and the light is still on. I read in the manual that if the warning light blinks something's wrong with the sensor and you're supposed to take it back to the dealer. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem.
I'm going to try to take it to the dealer tomorrow, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #33
Is the light blinking or just on?

If it's simply on, it means that the system is detecting a tire with low pressure. Given that's it's cold around here right now, if the dealership didn't check tire pressures, it's possible one of the tires is/was low. Once corrected, the light should go out within a few minutes of driving with the proper inflation. Apologies if you already know all this. It seems the TPMS light coming on in cold weather as the reduced temp reduces pressure is a common thing. I deal with it almost every year in our vehicles.

I've not heard of there being any common problem with the TPMS sensors at all. So, if the light's blinking, the dealership probably needs to deal with it, but I doubt it'll be a big deal. Either way, good luck!

Is the light blinking or just on?

If it's simply on, it means that the system is detecting a tire with low pressure. Given that's it's cold around here right now, if the dealership didn't check tire pressures, it's possible one of the tires is/was low. Once corrected, the light should go out within a few minutes of driving with the proper inflation. Apologies if you already know all this. It seems the TPMS light coming on in cold weather as the reduced temp reduces pressure is a common thing. I deal with it almost every year in our vehicles.

I've not heard of there being any common problem with the TPMS sensors at all. So, if the light's blinking, the dealership probably needs to deal with it, but I doubt it'll be a big deal. Either way, good luck!
Alright thank you. I've never had issues with it in the mazdaspeed3. I checked all the tires though and they all seem to have the correct psi.
When I turn the car on it blinks for about a minute so idk... It seems odd. I'll take it to the dealership today.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #35
Not sure what a temporarily prolonged blinking TPMS light means. I'm hoping the dealership can fix it in a jiffy--perhaps even already has, by the time I'm writing this. Sorry I'm not more help.

Well they were able fix it somehow... He said all the tires were fine, they had to reset something in the computer I believe. He wasn't very descriptive as to what they had done.
Anyway, it's fixed, yay! Time for some more cruising! :)

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #37
Excellent! Enjoy! Hope to see ya May 10.

Agreed. The Great Mall turned out to be a Great Mistake. At its peak it had all the amenities and attractiveness of a strip mall with a Pamida, an arcade, two vacant storefronts, a Pizza Hut, and a no-name frozen yogurt shop with grimy windows and a dirty floor.
Now you got a IKEA!