Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kansas City area meet?

Perry

If you're in the KC area and looking to meet up, respond in this thread, and I'll try to organize something for us.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #4
Well, there we are--another Kansas voice!

Welcome!

As you can see, I'm already in the KC area, sparky. Last I knew there were no other forum members acknowledging being in/around/from Kansas, but that could of course not be fully indicative of the real numbers, though no doubt they'll be modest--there just aren't that many FiSTs around in general, and not too many around here, at least not yet.

How long have you had your car? Did you get it in Manhattan or elsewhere?

I'll hope we can rustle up a few more Kansas/Kansas City ST owners and maybe do a meet sometime in the spring. Hope you'll still be game!

Nice to know there are others in the surrounding area. I was beginning to feel lonely around here lol.
I haven't actually gotten my car yet. I won't get it until Monday or Tuesday. I'm not sure where the car is coming from to be honest. The salesman said it was "in his district" so... I don't know for sure. I love cruising around KC though, I will definitely be down for a meet up anytime, just let me know ahead of time! Hopefully we can round up a few more Fiesta enthusiasts! :) Thanks!

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #6
Awesome! I hope you've had a chance to drive one. But even if not, I'm sure you'll like it. These things truly are fun to drive! Mine is Race Red (as you can probably tell from my avatar pic, though RR and Molten Orange can appear similar in photos), and I got a moonroof, and the Recaro seats package. I was plus/minus on the moonroof, but really wanted red and the Recaro package, so when the dealer here found one with what I wanted + moonroof, I decided I'd get a moonroof.

What kind of car are you coming from? Will this be your regular daily-driver car, or will you be doing some modifications to it as a "fun" car?

Oh yeah, I test drove a Tuxedo Black one. It was amazing! Ford did a great job on this little hatch. I was surprised at the power it was able to produce. I fell in love with it! The one I test drove has the Recaro seats package and the moonroof. I wanted a red one though, like you. So my dealer was able to find one somewhere in BFE with what I wanted. It had to have the Recaro seats for sure and Race Red was my favorite color out of the options.

I've been driving my boyfriends Mazdaspeed3 for a while now, ever since my Dodge Neon (its ok, you can laugh) died. I hated that car... -.-
This will definitely be my daily-driver car. I would like to do some modifications to it but it will be a slow process.
To be honest this is all very new to me, it's still a learning process. My bf has taught me a thing or two and now I'm ready to see what I can do with my own car! I continue to read posts and learn new things all the time on the forums. Just bear with me...

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #8
Race Red is easily the best color choice! I had to chuckle when you mentioned a boyfriend--I gotta admit, I wasn't exactly thinking of "sparky" as a woman. The Mazdaspeed3 is a great car, from what I hear, but the Neon . . . well, let's just move along, shall we? [wink]

Glad to welcome you to the site. Hope it's proving helpful. If you've got suggestions, etc., please bring 'em up. My car is a daily-driver, too. I'll probably never do too many mods to mine, but I might consider some down the road. I am thinking seriously about doing some autocrossing this summer. I've never done any before, but it sounds like fun, so . . . .

I'm also planning on heading out to Utah for the ST Octane Academy thing in June. Their main site is here. It's free to attend, though there is a $105.95 insurance liability waiver that at least limits liability should one damage one of their cars. It's a reception the night before, followed by a one-day driving course. Travel and lodging costs are of course the responsibility of the attendees. I'm hoping to grab a bunk at a brother-in-law's house, and will probably just drive out.

I used to deliver groceries in Olathe KS, Harrisonville MO, Topeka, spent many nights on Oak Grove, MO. Trucking.

The Great Mall of the Great Plains in Olathe was very disappointing.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #10
I used to deliver groceries in Olathe KS, Harrisonville MO, Topeka, spent many nights on Oak Grove, MO. Trucking.

The Great Mall of the Great Plains in Olathe was very disappointing.
Agreed. The Great Mall turned out to be a Great Mistake. At its peak it had all the amenities and attractiveness of a strip mall with a Pamida, an arcade, two vacant storefronts, a Pizza Hut, and a no-name frozen yogurt shop with grimy windows and a dirty floor.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #12
Whereabouts would you want to cruise if we are able to gather more people?
Interesting question. Now that I'm thinking specifically about cruising roads, it seems there may be as many good options out near Manhattan as around here. There are some nice roads north and west of here, and the Flint Hills do offer some fantastic scenery and views, and there's the area around/between Lawrence and Topeka to consider. Do you have any thoughts, suggestions, etc.?

Interesting question. Now that I'm thinking specifically about cruising roads, it seems there may be as many good options out near Manhattan as around here. There are some nice roads north and west of here, and the Flint Hills do offer some fantastic scenery and views, and there's the area around/between Lawrence and Topeka to consider. Do you have any thoughts, suggestions, etc.?
I found a few roads on the net that look/sound cool. I'll have to go check them out sometime. If you want to take a look as well here's the link:
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Kansas_92.html
I know it says motorcycle roads but I don't see why cars couldn't try them out. Let me know what you think, do any of them look appealing to you? Highway 99 is the only one around here that I know is a fun little cruise.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #15
https://www.google.com/maps/@39.0330273,-96.4183437,10z/data=!4m2!6m1!1sz6FI8oSb2gwg.kqen8e7pUIac

Here is the Highway 99 Cruise Map. I can't remember exactly how long it takes but probably about an hour give or take. When KCSR hosted this cruise last year we went and it was a lot of fun. I'm hoping they'll do it again this year. If they do it should be coming up soon. March/April-ish. Anyone can come and it's free!
Can't see the map here; Google said I had to sign in--so I did--then still couldn't see it; Google said I needed permission.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #16
KCSR? The forum? The railroad? Kansas City Siamese Rescue? KC Spiritual Resources? Kansas Commission on Salt Retention? (Yeah, I'm definitely starting to make stuff up here . . . . [burnout])

Hmm not sure why Google did that... I'll take a look at it later.
KCSR.org is The Kansas City Forums.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #18
I found a few roads on the net that look/sound cool. I'll have to go check them out sometime. If you want to take a look as well here's the link:
http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Kansas_92.html
I know it says motorcycle roads but I don't see why cars couldn't try them out. Let me know what you think, do any of them look appealing to you? Highway 99 is the only one around here that I know is a fun little cruise.
Several look interesting, it seems. The loop that goes around Perry Lake could be nice. [I certainly like the name!] And the old K-10 route from Alma southwest could be good, too. Looks like it follows the terrain, which could be fun.

OP
Perry

Perry

Thread Starter #19
Hmm not sure why Google did that... I'll take a look at it later.
KCSR.org is The Kansas City Forums.
Kinda figured it must the forum site, but thought I'd have fun with it! I didn't even know there was such a thing as KCSR until you mentioned it. Er, well, I guess I did, but I'd have thought someone was mentioning KC Southern Railway.

When KCSR does their thing, is it a general sports car sort of thing, or what?

Kinda figured it must the forum site, but thought I'd have fun with it! I didn't even know there was such a thing as KCSR until you mentioned it. Er, well, I guess I did, but I'd have thought someone was mentioning KC Southern Railway.

When KCSR does their thing, is it a general sports car sort of thing, or what?
The KCSR thing is open to anyone with a car :) It's a lot of fun! I have yet to see anything on kcsr about this year's cruise but if/when I do I will post it on here.