Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Flutter sound...normal??

Installed MAP intake, downpipe, exhaust, DHM race intercooler MBRP hot pipe, and Tune+ actuator. I'm on the base map still but have a flutter sound under moderate throttle. It will not "flutter" under normal driving or WOT. If I'm in boost and shift it will also make the "flutter" sound. Is this normal? Havent got a chance to log yet the roads are still wet here.

TUNE+ should be able to help, if it's abnormal. Datalog a normal 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gear take-off with easy part throttle, then log the same thing with moderate throttle, then a 3rd gear WOT log and send it to Adam. I also noticed more flutter with the Turbosmart IWG. The tighter spring slams the door shut faster I suppose? I called it the turbo squirrel.

Every turbocharged vehicle I've owned did this. It's a normal occurence in pretty much all turbo vehicles. Once you open up the intake, it just becomes more vocal.
Quite enjoyable & intimidating on the streets to most.
Annoying to others.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
My srt4, evo, and sti did not make a flutter sound...just seeing if it's normal. It's not the "woooooosh" sound, it's like a chooooo chooo chooo choo cho fast sound lol. If you google bov flutter it sounds just like that. I have the factory bpv with the boomba adapter.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
my car gets a pulsing sound from the turbo under moderate accel. not under low or WOT though. like the wg cant control the boost smoothly. so now when i drive im either light on the gas or wide open. no rolling into it. if i do roll into it, its an agressive roll so the boost doesn't surge.

Ford Community Posts