Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where's all the hardcore track guys ? Need 1 lucky member

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

What's up guys well my brake ducts are ready for sale. I going to be giving 1 lucky member a free set for testing and review purposes. Looking for somebody that's going to be attending several events in 2016. Happy new year
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451766470.978759.jpg

Siestarider

I have converted my fake fog light vents into real vents, tested air pressure (vents work) passenger side is ready for hose, have WW relocation kit in hand to clear route for driver's side hose to brakes. Also have temp paint and have used it at track events.

My first track date is 2/16 at PBIR, will run several NASA events at Sebring before end of June. I want to get to Homestead this spring too.

If I were testing, I would mount one side and leave the other stock, see what temp paint shows before mounting both sides. Then test with paint again. Already know inside front rotors can exceed 1250 F late braking on long straights.

Thanks for tip SS, I just picked up computer and Forum notified me.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #4
I have converted my fake fog light vents into real vents, tested air pressure (vents work) passenger side is ready for hose, have WW relocation kit in hand to clear route for driver's side hose to brakes. Also have temp paint and have used it at track events.

My first track date is 2/16 at PBIR, will run several NASA events at Sebring before end of June. I want to get to Homestead this spring too.

If I were testing, I would mount one side and leave the other stock, see what temp paint shows before mounting both sides. Then test with paint again. Already know inside front rotors can exceed 1250 F late braking on long straights.

Thanks for tip SS, I just picked up computer and Forum notified me.
Sounds like a winner ... Contact me 805-491-1654

Pete

If for some reason siestarider doesn't get this I will volunteer. I do a track day every month and enjoy relaying the information I get back to forum members. I am running the wilwood big brake kit so that may have different results vs a stock brake set up.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I'm a local track junky but I don't want to ask for parts.

Do I count ?

In all seriousness I'm interested to see how these work out for whoever is the guinea pig.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I received the duct tubing.
I have designed my next part for this setup, I just need to make the small parts to put together.
I just need two, 6 inch long tubes to start with so I can then build the mounts.
I will going to IMSupply to get some aluminum on Monday.
[MENTION=1391]Siestarider[/MENTION]
I am interested in the fog light vents.
Please provide photos.

Dave

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #8
I'm a local track junky but I don't want to ask for parts.

Do I count ?

In all seriousness I'm interested to see how these work out for whoever is the guinea pig.
Got Kevin to get me some data thanks... Shipping a set tomorrow
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451791946.619247.jpg

I have designed my next part for this setup, I just need to make the small parts to put together.
I just need two, 6 inch long tubes to start with so I can then build the mounts.
Please provide photos.

Dave
Waiting for your creative ideas Dave [emoji6]

Siestarider

Please provide photos.

I posted some pics from interior side of bumper under Brake Temps thread, and think I have some exterior shots in an exterior mods thread from last year.

Basically, the fog light surround is one piece of ABS. I pulled it loose from tab slots, cut out fake vents, left ribs, attached bug screen to back side, cut round hole through bumper cover behind it, reinstalled, and then riveted round hose fitting to inside of bumper facia over the hole. Manometer tests indicate good pressure drop available.

When the cooling shrouds come in from CMbuildz I will start a new thread and shoot better pics, run temp tests again and see what data indicate. I plan to keep using stock calipers, would like to use 2 piece rotors just to save a little unsprung weight if someone will figure out which parts work with stock calipers and brackets.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I posted some pics from interior side of bumper under Brake Temps thread, and think I have some exterior shots in an exterior mods thread from last year.
I found the photos of behind the bumper but not the exterior shots. (really would like to see those)
Your conclusion seemed to be that there were things in the way to make the ducts effective.
I assume that was without the use of a duct hose.
Do you think there is enough space to make the use WITH a hose practical?

Dave

Siestarider

I believe passenger side will duct easily with hose.

Driver side probably will too, but at present I have my Mountune lower air box intake hose located at that vent, would either have to relocate that or remove WW reservoir. Considering CMB's interest, I will probably leave WW tank where it is and relocate Mountune lower air intake to make room for brake duct hose,

I have parts to relocate both WW tank and battery to rear tire well, but since I have not fully solved annoying 3500 rpm 3" custom exhaust noise yet, have to order material and follow RAAM's instructions and see if more sound isolation will do it. Sounds like empty spare tire well is acting like a big sub woofer, plus with rear seat delete rear cabin seems to amplify it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I don't hear back from Chris.
Phone, not taking calls, No reply to txt.
What are you doing?

Dave

Siestarider

He is sending me a kit to test, I will document it with photos as testing proceeds. I have brake temp paint, already know our stock interior front rotors will exceed 1200 F on track with certain pads, but the CMB Racing kit will not likely affect peak braking temps as much as bring them back down faster, assuming they work.

I also have caliper temp strips, will use those too.

Maybe I can get temp paint on rotors below pad swept area as well as on top of rotors edges, but that is about the only additional test I can think of offhand that might provide more information on cooling effectiveness.

Any ideas for something better re: testing are appreciated, we may as well test as thoroughly as possible and post clear results.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I too have a set and I now have the dust tubing.
I am waiting on Chris to make another part.

Dave