Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's talk Fiesta ST hitches

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Oh this forum this forum

Flag mount my friend. Eventually it will get a small trailer to tow track wheels and tool box to the track. This forum is so quick to judge

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh this forum this forum

Flag mount my friend. Eventually it will get a small trailer to tow track wheels and tool box to the track. This forum is so quick to judge
Please don't let one bad egg represent the forum. Just take a look at some of his posts and you'll see the theme..

I use my hitch for my bicycle rack - nothing wrong with it.

I'll take some photos for your tomorrow and provide some more detail. Just need to find some hose rated for >300F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I'm assuming you got it at AutoZone?

And I also assume you did this cause the exhaust hangers alone didn't fix the problem?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Please don't let one bad egg represent the forum. Just take a look at some of his posts and you'll see the theme..

I use my hitch for my bicycle rack - nothing wrong with it.

I'll take some photos for your tomorrow and provide some more detail. Just need to find some hose rated for >300F

C'mon.....no offense intended little snowflake....chill out.....my intentions are to show cars are not to have hitches....trucks and SUVs with towing capability and rating are ya dingus....to your health!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm assuming you got it at AutoZone?

And I also assume you did this cause the exhaust hangers alone didn't fix the problem?
I got the jb weld at a hardware store, it was the high temperature version. And yes, I had the exact same symptoms you are describing even after installing the solid hangers.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Well looks like I'll be getting this stuff at AutoZone and install everything at once

I'm semi surprised the JB weld is holding. It gets so rock hard I thought it would fall off after being banged constantly

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Nope, not made for this car:(

I was going to build a super low weigh hitch with the receiver coming out of the rear "grill", this would of been even better and easy to build, tied to the bumper beam and "frame rails" so less other material needed. I wish I had done so before I sold my house, shop, etc, not able to do this RVing full time.

Just installed my Curt hitch.
Very not impressed.

If the plates that mate to the frame itself were just and inch longer there would be much less stress and deformation of the frame itself when you step on the tongue.
Also, the muffler...

The drivers side is a box section, the passengers side is formed. If the forming angles were more aggressive, or if they boxed the passenger side it would probably clear the muffler just fine.

The muffler clunks left and right on the hitch over every bump. I lined all of the contact points with 3m 2228 Moisture sealing tape for now and ordered the stiffer Cobb exhaust hangers. If the exhaust hangers don't do the trick then I'm going to return the hitch.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
It won't as stated above

I got some hangers coming alsonto see how doable it is. If not I'm chopping the muffler. That's the only way to get the exhuast off anyway. And I plan on getting the 2j side exit so it'll stop the clunking for now

C'mon.....no offense intended little snowflake....chill out.....my intentions are to show cars are not to have hitches....trucks and SUVs with towing capability and rating are ya dingus....to your health!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I put a hitch on mine for my bike rack, not everyone with a hitch wants to tow with them. Though I have been looking at getting a small single motorcycle trailer so I can take my dirt bike to to the OHV parks nearby.

It won't as stated above

I got some hangers coming alsonto see how doable it is. If not I'm chopping the muffler. That's the only way to get the exhuast off anyway. And I plan on getting the 2j side exit so it'll stop the clunking for now
I would recommend having the exhaust out when you put the hitch on, especially if you are alone. I have heard you can just remove the hangers and drop the exhaust down but it would give you less space to play with for sure.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Already did the hitch and only need to remove the rubbers

But constantly bouncing off the hitch. We will see once my hangers get here

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Kind of new to towing hitches so please excuse the newbie question, but for those of you towing trailers...do you also need to upgrade your tires to handle that extra load, calculate the load on your tires based on a certain ratio between the load on the trailer and the load in the car, or just focus on the load in the car?

I'm also considering this for a bike rack as well. Nice to have options. Planning on getting a roof rack for my kayak and was thinking of carrying my bike there too but I like this option better. Too bad I can't use it as easily for the kayak...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
You should not be towing anything that you even need to consider tire weight load ratings with this car

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The stock tires can probably handle the weight of the entire car on a single tire. You will never even get close to the weight rating of the tire. Well, you shouldn't...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Im only going to do this to pull a tire trailer for events. tires, tools, fuel jugs, and ez up, with the trailer id be surprised if its over 500 lbs

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It adds up pretty quick. 150lbs for tires, 100lbs for tools including jack and jack stands, maybe another 100lbs of fuel... Not saying it's too much, but probably more than 500 including the trailer.

It adds up pretty quick. 150lbs for tires, 100lbs for tools including jack and jack stands, maybe another 100lbs of fuel... Not saying it's too much, but probably more than 500 including the trailer.

100 lbs of fuel? im talking 1 quick fill jug, 7 gals is 42lbs. compact jack and 2 stands, 50 or 60lbs. cooler and easy up most likely in the car actually. misc crap figure another 30 lbs. i still think itll be under 500