Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

stock bottom end hp

Hey guys I tried to search it but I'm defiantly no search engine guru. Does anyone know what the stock bottom end will hold and how much boost I can throw at it before i have to worry about lifting a head. I'd like to do a intake tuner and exhaust and possibly go with a bigger turbo. I do not no how hard it is to make 250 - 300 rwhp with this little guy but that's about were I'd like to be. Does anyone have any reccomadations to get me to my power goal?

Ps thanks in advance and sorry for mid spelled words and run on sentences I'm just a dumb diesel tech

twolf

You won't touch 250-300hp without a bigger turbo.

Go for the ATP 2554r or 2560r. You'll need a FMIC (DHM) and downpipe. And exhaust would be good. Of course you'll need an Accessport.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's pretty easy with a turbo upgrade to achieve 250-300. It really depends on the setup and what fuel you're using. So far, 425whp has been the magic number. This will probably start an argument because people REALLY need to spend money... You don't need an intake; a panel filter will do, and even that is questionable. You ABSOLUTELY want to upgrade your intercooler; just about anyone out there is better than stock. Lastly, you also don't "need" a cat back exhaust; just replace the downpipe.

Anyway, here's a couple key search words:

Deadhook Motorsports
Cyborg
Cobb AccessPort

250 Fwhp should be plausible with our stock turbo right? That is probably maxed tf out on our small turbo I'd imagine though.

Nope, the stock turbo is very small, you need a hybrid if you want much more than 200 whp or a "big turbo" if you want more than that.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nope, the stock turbo is very small, you need a hybrid if you want much more than 200 whp or a "big turbo" if you want more than that.
This is not a completely true statement. "Much more than 200" will need a hybrid or big turbo. However, stating "nope" is more than likely wrong. IIRC, 225-235whp is very achievable on an ethanol mix, even in the dead of summer. When temps are down in the single digits (F), 250whp is within the realm of possibilities.

Edit- I received information that 250, even on ethanol in cold weather is implausible.

OP
D
Thread Starter #16
Sorry guys this is the first time owning a front wheel drive car I'll have to get use to the fwhp

I have no information but from what I've seen 250 whp would be extraordinary for a stock turbo, I was just trying to temper expectations.

As for cams, I think you will be underwhelmed. With the low lift flow of a 4vpc engine, long duration is rarely required and with the turbo and TiVCT system, probably less so.

A lot of people look at what works for an OHV 2vpc V8 and expect that the same tricks will work for something as different as a 1.6 EcoBoost. They are very different beasts.