Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Denso ITV-22 Plug length versus OEM plug

Hi chaps,

After much research looking into plugs, decided to get the ITV-22 Densos, one step colder. ideal for my stage car. Looked at the specs and it said the thread reach was the same as the OEM plug, but the protrusion beyond the end of the thread is shorter than stock, see attached.

Question is, does this affect running in any way, in the real world? Such a shame NGK don't do a '7' version of our stock plug. I'm tempted to run these plugs, after seeing positive feedback on here.

10338326_10153292360852606_1097759815916593513_n.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It will be fine....chuck them in. What's the worst that could happen with shorter plugs? It's better to be a little short than to long...this also applies in other parts of life. Imo...[twothumb]

Sekred

1000 Post Club
NGK explanation below. I believe there are lots of people running theses plugs without any miss fire problems that I am aware off.

Slide1.JPG

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Been running these plugs since last spring. No misfires, no problems.

Have run them pro tuned stage 3, stock, and now stage 1 Cobb OTS tune.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Huge discussion on this about a year ago. NGK does not recommend theirs but like said above, many are using them without issue... Including myself. I've went back and forth running the NGKs and the stockers... No issues with either and when I pulled the NGKs, everything looked fine. Now I'm running the NGKs from the last change to present and on. Both the NGK and Denso plugs at the 1 step colder range are about the same length.