Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016 FiST best Bov for OEM turbo set up

Hey guys!

What do you guys believe to be the best BOV option for my 2016 FiST. I just ordered a bov adapter and I'm going to be looking to return it for an actual bov. I read something on Boomba racings web site that I shouldn't have a bov on an OEM set up? Your thoughts?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
The best option for a stock to stockish (light bolt on stg 1-3) is the stocker (BPV). I have ran the stock up to 26 psi with no issue. Now, I will not say that getting one like the Turbosmart dual port (hybrid 50/50) is bad as I now run one. The reason I have it is #1, I just like messing with the car, #2 I like the feel of a mechanical valve, #3 I like the sound. That's it as the stocker would work just fine with my set up. If you want sound, the boomba adaptor is just fine. Just know, if you decide on something like the Turbosmart...there are adjustments to be made to it and also maintenance that has to be completed on it periodically.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Hey guys!

What do you guys believe to be the best BOV option for my 2016 FiST. I just ordered a bov adapter and I'm going to be looking to return it for an actual bov. I read something on Boomba racings web site that I shouldn't have a bov on an OEM set up? Your thoughts?
Through various tests we have found that our BOV adapter is the most cost effective and easiest way add the sound of venting to atmosphere to your vehicle. The stock bypass valve will hold pressure with no issue. There are tons of people running our adapters with no problems that are in love with the noise.

There are other BOVs out there which require you to splice into the factory wiring and run an separate vacuum line. This makes it much more difficult should you ever want to return back to stock in the future. Our adapter is just held on by three bolts and can be removed with no trace of ever having been on.

I am running a TIAL Q BOV on my stage 3 stock turbo. It is the best option by far. I had the Boomba for a while. I had the turbosmart, and did not like it. I switched back to Boomba, it was great do not get me wrong. It is cheap and awesome. But like I said I switched to the TIAL Q BOV, and let me tell you what a difference. it holds boost better than stock by far, It sounds amazing, and has added a nice touch to the car. It was expensive, yes. But talk to Russell at DHM about it. I am telling you it, it is MORE than worth it. and if you upgrade the turbo, that is a few hundred you save.

TempeST

I asked the same question as well, and I was given the advice of tapping into the cold side charge pipe, and I am going to be utilizing the Synapse DV valve on the pull side. I will be able to accurately tell you results in the coming week as my DV is getting installed this weekend. It's difficult finding a reputable aluminum TIG welder here on Oahu.

But for me having the stock BPV replaced with a true BOV/DV is the best option if you don't mind spending the money for it.

Like everyone else is saying though, the stocker is fine for stock turbo.

TIAL Q or HKS SSQV. Reliable and high quality. If you choose our exhale kit for the fiesta, it includes the BOV, blockoff plate for the stock turbo, and our MAPTAP, so you can get a manifold reference AND it does not block the engine cover. Everything you need.

Also, no changes need to be made if you go with a different turbo down the line.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Through various tests we have found that our BOV adapter is the most cost effective and easiest way add the sound of venting to atmosphere to your vehicle. The stock bypass valve will hold pressure with no issue. There are tons of people running our adapters with no problems that are in love with the noise.

There are other BOVs out there which require you to splice into the factory wiring and run an separate vacuum line. This makes it much more difficult should you ever want to return back to stock in the future. Our adapter is just held on by three bolts and can be removed with no trace of ever having been on.
Plus one here. ...awaiting the arrival of my adapter and motor mount from you guys....going all in the weekend.

Bluedrank

+1 for boomba racing's bov. That location is a bit of a bitch to get to if you don't have a lift. I wouldn't want to jack it up often and readjust it. Sound is good. It's not like my old hks ssq bov on my srt, its more of a woosh, and less of a chirp or squeal. But you can't beat the price and its proven to be a great part with an easy installation.

I may be in the wrong section, if I am I apologize in advance, just trying to figure out what is going on with my bov, or if it is my bov. Here's a video and it only happens when I'm at partial throttle, WOT is fine.
[video=youtube;8Wal1JpbOEc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wal1JpbOEc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

How long have you had it and dumb question but have you checked the rubber hose for kinks or holes

I've had it for a little less than 9 months, I checked it today, the hose was fine. The bolt on top of the bov was loose so I tightened it thinking it would fix it, but to no avail. Maybe it's a worn out o-ring gasket?

[MENTION=3563]TyphoonFiST[/MENTION] [MENTION=3995]jeff[/MENTION] any ideas on what might be happening with his BOV guys

jeff

2000 Post Club
My diverter valve does the same thing on occasion if I do a lot of highway driving and it isn't moving around. After some WOT it returns to normal. In my case I'm sure a disassembly and reoiling would help but I'm too lazy.

No, I haven't lost boost to my knowledge. In January or February I'm planning on going with a big turbo (gt2860rs) should I get a Tial Q bov? Or just buy the maintenance kit for my bov?