Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Tuning and Fiesta ST Support

Trader history for Alex@Stratified (0)

Just switched to the tune this morning, while I know OAR wasnt at -1 yet, the partial throttle response is very noticeable. Maybe all the tunes I had before had the torque limits left alone in 1st and 2nd gear but it kinda jumps out now.
What is OAR?

Octane adjust ratio. Basically the ecu is still learning how you drive and the quality of fuel. I've put about 100 miles so far and it's at -. 86

Octane adjust ratio. Basically the ecu is still learning how you drive and the quality of fuel. I've put about 100 miles so far and it's at -. 86
A good 3rd gear pull finally got me from -.92 to -1 today but it has been a few days of driving as well.

A good 3rd gear pull finally got me from -.92 to -1 today but it has been a few days of driving as well.
Mine jumped to -1.00 right away upon flash. Doesn't seem to be causing any issues for me, however. It was initially a bit confusing however. Seems to be related to how Cobb altered their framework.

As for Octane Adjust Ratios, anyone who wants to learn more can look to this great support article from Cobb. Some really great info in there!

https://cobbtuning.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204049644-Octane-Adjust-Ratio-OAR-

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I am local to you, I am currently at stage 1 and I am planning on keeping this car for a long while. I don't want to just slap my card down and go to stage 3 etc , want to enjoy it in stages. I want to pull the trigger on this but how does this compare to the stage one ots? Have only heard a couple reviews.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I am local to you, I am currently at stage 1 and I am planning on keeping this car for a long while. I don't want to just slap my card down and go to stage 3 etc , want to enjoy it in stages. I want to pull the trigger on this but how does this compare to the stage one ots? Have only heard a couple reviews.
I am the same as you, taking it slow and enjoying stages.

I've had the Strat tune for 2+ weeks now. I came from the Cobb OTS tune. I reviewed the tune on another thread. But I'll add that the difference going from Cobb to Strat is similar to going from stock to Cobb. There is more power but it is more controlled and level. Also the car is easier to drive. You will notice immediately. For $50 this is a no brainer.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I bought this tune, been running it for a little. Will review after a week! I tried to datalog for Stratifeid but I didn't read what setting my AP should be on, so it was pointless! I was doing 170km+ by 4 gear redline! on a local highway. Will have to do my next one in 3rd gear or its to the impound lol

Ok so I just finished making my car full bolt ons. I'm on cobbs ots stage 3 93oct map. What I want is a easy quick tune that's custom to my car and my modifications. Do lean towards the flash tune then? I've never protune a car before. Thanks!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Ok so I just finished making my car full bolt ons. I'm on cobbs ots stage 3 93oct map. What I want is a easy quick tune that's custom to my car and my modifications. Do lean towards the flash tune then? I've never protune a car before. Thanks!
I bought a flash tune and if I could do it again I would buy one that has unlimited revisions. I'm on my second revision from Stratified and I think if this one work it works, otherwise I'm shit out of luck. On their website it says they do one revision if the tune is having issues. This revised flash tune is also having ignition correction issues. I like to think our 94 octane is good enough but I'm in no position to say what is , what isn't. So before u pull the trigger on one tuner, ask your self what your ultimate goal is. I am @stage 1 and the stratified flash tune really impressed me but idk if it will work safely etc. Still waiting to hear back from stratified, on a last note, their tune was miles ahead over the Cobb OTS-1.

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #32
I bought a flash tune and if I could do it again I would buy one that has unlimited revisions. I'm on my second revision from Stratified and I think if this one work it works, otherwise I'm shit out of luck. On their website it says they do one revision if the tune is having issues. This revised flash tune is also having ignition correction issues. I like to think our 94 octane is good enough but I'm in no position to say what is , what isn't. So before u pull the trigger on one tuner, ask your self what your ultimate goal is. I am @stage 1 and the stratified flash tune really impressed me but idk if it will work safely etc. Still waiting to hear back from stratified, on a last note, their tune was miles ahead over the Cobb OTS-1.
Actually that's a bit of an incorrect assumption about being "shit out of luck." We are not a company that has customers that describe us as being shit out of luck with and for good reason. If there is a safety issue we will re-adjust the tune again. I had a look at your logs from yesterday and your ignition corrections are very much under control except on tip in and this will be adjusted in another revision.

The 94 octane you are using we are very familiar with since you are local to us and I have been working with this fuel for years. It is unfortunately on par with California 91 knock resistance wise. This is because in BC ethanol is outlawed in 94 octane fuels and that significantly reduces their knock resistance. The 92 octane in Washington state is much better. If you do have immediate concerns there's a phone number on our site as well you can use (or you can drop by the shop) to get in touch with during business hours as well.

A final note on unlimited revisions for life. This is not something I can offer and I don't think anyone else legitimately can. I have seen people leave companies, close companies, start new companies, even move on to different careers which is normal as life happens. Unfortunately this can make "unlimited" revisions for life a bit of an empty promise. We deliver on the commitments we make and that means making commitments within reason and backing them up with solid development of our tunes and products. If you would like further fine tuning of the vehicle for driveability, big turbos, or specific circumstances our custom tune option is always available.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Actually that's a bit of an incorrect assumption about being "shit out of luck." We are not a company that has customers that describe us as being shit out of luck with and for good reason. If there is a safety issue we will re-adjust the tune again. I had a look at your logs from yesterday and your ignition corrections are very much under control except on tip in and this will be adjusted in another revision.

The 94 octane you are using we are very familiar with since you are local to us and I have been working with this fuel for years. It is unfortunately on par with California 91 knock resistance wise. This is because in BC ethanol is outlawed in 94 octane fuels and that significantly reduces their knock resistance. The 92 octane in Washington state is much better. If you do have immediate concerns there's a phone number on our site as well you can use (or you can drop by the shop) to get in touch with during business hours as well.

A final note on unlimited revisions for life. This is not something I can offer and I don't think anyone else legitimately can. I have seen people leave companies, close companies, start new companies, even move on to different careers which is normal as life happens. Unfortunately this can make "unlimited" revisions for life a bit of an empty promise. We deliver on the commitments we make and that means making commitments within reason and backing them up with solid development of our tunes and products. If you would like further fine tuning of the vehicle for driveability, big turbos, or specific circumstances our custom tune option is always available.
Alex thanks for clearing that up, I am very new to turbos. So, I was just going with the assumption if the octane number is higher, the quality must be better. I chose your company over others because of your experience and reputation and I am happy that I did! I loved this tune when I got it , worth every penny! I recommended the tune to a local FiST group im in and my friends that own this Vehicle because I believe in your product.

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #34
Alex thanks for clearing that up, I am very new to turbos. So, I was just going with the assumption if the octane number is higher, the quality must be better. I chose your company over others because of your experience and reputation and I am happy that I did! I loved this tune when I got it , worth every penny! I recommended the tune to a local FiST group im in and my friends that own this Vehicle because I believe in your product.
Unfortunately in BC and our 94 it is not the case. 94 in Alberta is much better for example and on the east coast it is great. The 91 here is not any better unfortunately - the ethanol levels remain very low. In any case we are very close to having your car dialled in - just wanted to make sure we are on the same page and want to make sure you know your car is not in danger. I do appreciate the recommendations - thank you!

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Your very welcome! Recommendations were made from seeing how good your product is! Me and my friends will be upgrading our tunes as we upgrade more parts, thanks for the great insight and help. You have been awesome! Thanks Alex

Rick

Jhanes98

Do you have to have the Cobb tune or can I transfer just the crackle pop tune from the obd2 cable that hooks up to your computer

Alex, any issues tuning a car that has a downpipe with only 1 O2 sensor? My dhm downpipe didn't come with a bung for the second O2.