Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Tuning and Fiesta ST Support

Trader history for Alex@Stratified (0)

Just signed up for a tune for my soon to be installed x-47, I have a couple of questions though.. The Crackle and Pop option, is that something that can be disabled via map choice or is that on the tune no matter what? How much louder is this option than non-crackle version? I ask because driving with subtlety is something I'd like the option of having.

Thanks.

I'm getting tuned by Stratified right now. I'm on revision 2 at the moment.

I've run the snap crackle pop tune with a HFC and now with no cat. With the HFC it's definitely loud, but acceptable imho.

Revision 1 of my flash tune came with the snap crackle pop. It's seriously loud, but you can drive stealth by starting out in 1st off the line and going one gear higher than you're suppose to. Also another note with the snap crackle tune. It makes your exhaust note uneven and louder (even at idle).

For Revision 2, I had Alex remove the snap crackle pop tune. I like to have it sometimes, but not all the time. I asked him to make a separate file on the final tune, one for regular driving and one for snap crackle.

The choice is yours, but giving you my experience from someone who has run their flash tunes with the snap crackle pop with HFC and now with no cat with snap crackle pop.

Appreciate the response. I'm running a 3" catless system so I'm already barely able to be stealthy. I think I'll go without it for now.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Just signed up for a tune for my soon to be installed x-47, I have a couple of questions though.. The Crackle and Pop option, is that something that can be disabled via map choice or is that on the tune no matter what? How much louder is this option than non-crackle version? I ask because driving with subtlety is something I'd like the option of having.

Thanks.
If you bought a protune, he will make it exactly to your liking. What I would suggest is, go thru the process and when you finish your tune have him give you two separate files.

Furthermore, I have had the c/p the whole time and it does not bother me. It does get a lot of attention when it pop(s) off. Do chime in Strats thread about your tune and experience:)

I have trusted Alex with my car since the beginning, even tho I had a very bad experience before hand.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #48
Is that why the fast cold start idle drops down so quickly, well before the coolant is even close to warm?? [???:)]
This is for emissions purposes and the fact that a stable idle can be achieved much faster in modern engines.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Is there anyway of checking to see if burnout mode is enabled? I emailed you guys through the order email but didn't really get the answer I wanted. I tried using it the other day and over shot the 5k limit. It works great on my old 91 tune but not on my new E30 tune.