Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    New Member 21 Rep Points Evotech8's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    With Swifts and Koni yellows I'd try firmer settings.
    I run rear 1/4 turn from full stiff and fronts 1/2 turn from full stiff. This setting seems to balance the car well on the back roads. I also DD like this and ride quality is not any worse than stock was.
    2015 Oxford White ST

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I have been on Koni sport dampers for about 2 years.
    I decided the stock springs were best for my use. I think that comparisons will be very difficult between any track use and street use. The fiesta is really sensitive/reactive to preparation. If you remove the rear seat, run a measured fuel level and go with a very light wheel and tire setup the Fiesta will drive very differently. I also found that going with poly subframe bushings and poly front swaybar bushings in concert with adjustable asb links allowed me to either soften the front shocks a bit or run tire slightly lower front tire pressures in some situations. Preparation is paramount to affecting how the car behaves.

Senior Member 1247 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is a shame that no one seems to make a factory height (or at least a VERY minimal, less than .25" drop), linear rate, but MUCH higher rate regular (NOT coil over diameter) spring setup for these cars, since many, (due to uses, and road conditions), just CANNOT 'drop' their rides at all, even if they want to for aesthetic reasons.
    Last edited by M-Sport fan; 08-09-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Member 65 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evotech8 View Post
    With Swifts and Koni yellows I'd try firmer settings.
    I run rear 1/4 turn from full stiff and fronts 1/2 turn from full stiff. This setting seems to balance the car well on the back roads. I also DD like this and ride quality is not any worse than stock was.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will split the difference (1 full turn from full firm) and see how it goes
    - Mountune RMM, Quick Shift kit, SS brake lines, radiator, exhaust hangers
    - Pierce 2-pt chassis brace
    - Hotchkis rear anti-roll bar
    - Koni Sport struts & Swift springs
    - Green air filter
    - Ford carbon fiber shift knob
    - Radium catch can

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    It is a shame that no one seems to make a factory height (or at least a VERY minimal, less than .25" drop), linear rate, but MUCH higher rate regular (NOT coil over diameter) spring setup for these cars, since many, (do to uses, and road conditions), just CANNOT 'drop' their rides at all, even if they want to for aesthetic reasons.
    Just buy the linear Eibach race coils and cut em. I did that on the basic Fiesta several years ago. It was a failed effort.

Member 65 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update: Man oh man, the 1/x turn(s) adjustment on these Konis seems so unreliable. I had the same experience with the rears: adjust to full firm and then adjust by 1/x turn(s). I adjusted them by the same amount; then I compressed them and timed how long it took to them to fully rebound -- they weren't even close. Am I nuts for adjusting them based on the timing of the rebound instead of the number of turns? Are they compensated in any way for the weight of the driver?
    - Green air filter
    - Radium catch can

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    It is a shame that no one seems to make a factory height (or at least a VERY minimal, less than .25" drop), linear rate, but MUCH higher rate regular (NOT coil over diameter) spring setup for these cars, since many, (due to uses, and road conditions), just CANNOT 'drop' their rides at all, even if they want to for aesthetic reasons.
    Probably would ride literally like a go cart, just no driviability be ause there would be no flew at all in the suspension/tires
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade, 16x8 konig dekagram with 205 45 16 sc2(Future Mods Hybrid turbo)

Member 164 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A7xogg View Post
    Probably would ride literally like a go cart, just no driviability be ause there would be no flew at all in the suspension/tires
    Going to have to fix this idea. Ride height doesn't make a spring combo any better or worse unless the spring combo was designed for another height than it was built for.

The stock height obviously works and I find the damping doesn't match the springs from the factor as is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    ::Not Installed: MAP IC, Mishimoto Elbow, Velossa Snorkal

Senior Member 538 Rep Points Dpro's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green_henry View Post
    Update: Man oh man, the 1/x turn(s) adjustment on these Konis seems so unreliable. I had the same experience with the rears: adjust to full firm and then adjust by 1/x turn(s). I adjusted them by the same amount; then I compressed them and timed how long it took to them to fully rebound -- they weren't even close. Am I nuts for adjusting them based on the timing of the rebound instead of the number of turns? Are they compensated in any way for the weight of the driver?
    I have never heard of anyone trying to adjust them like this. You usually put them on the car and then adjust them. According to how the rebound responds on the car under load.
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune by Randy af Mountune, more customs to come,)ST200 airbox with cold air intake,Revo foam filter, Whoosh/Ramair crossover pipe ,Whoosh Intake Tube,Turbosmart EV blowoff valve, Whoosh motorsports Symposer delete

Member 65 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    I have never heard of anyone trying to adjust them like this. You usually put them on the car and then adjust them. According to how the rebound responds on the car under load.
    I've found this method minimizes the amount of adjustment needed after they're on the car. It also seems a lot less subjective to me. But like I said, I may be nuts Hopefully I'll have time to mount them this weekend and report back next week.
    - Green air filter
    - Radium catch can

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast