Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Sill waiting on my Statified tune refinement, I have the 93 ots tune from them and cobb. I do see more hp with cobbs (about 22) but I have a strange setup that's why I got the data log refinement. Its business day 8 now hopefully it won't take too much longer. The 2J Racing team and Ron [MENTION=337]whoosh[/MENTION] have been a lot of help getting her to run great. Also thanks to you guys I got the 2015 evap lines for my 2016 that cleared up the other codes I was getting #codefree.

Impulse ordered an AP this past weekend and should get here Monday. Getting a 90 octane tune (our highest in Alaska). I am hyped to say the least
What tires are you running. I am looking for good snow tires for the winter here becouse traction is an issue to say the least. 320 ft of torque in the snow suck right now.

This is a review comparing V3.10 tune to v4.0 tune, 93oct,linear accel,with the mods listed in my signature.
I have been running a Stratified tune (v3.10) for over a year and loving it. I recently ordered the newest version 4.0 with the hope that it would be
even better than 3.10. I don't have hard data but empirical data, (seat of the pants). The latest revision, 4.0 was a bit of a letdown. So much so
that I went back to 3.10.
Most noticeable difference is how the car pulls to redline. V3.10 pulls hard all the way to redline and is amazing. I can not feel the turbo running out of
breadth. V4.0 falls flat around 5k rpms and I can definitely feel it struggle. Some day soon if I have time I would like to Datalog both versions and see whats going on.
Basically I felt like I went backwards instead of forward.
I love my V3.10 tune and will stay there for now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is a review comparing V3.10 tune to v4.0 tune, 93oct,linear accel,with the mods listed in my signature.
I have been running a Stratified tune (v3.10) for over a year and loving it. I recently ordered the newest version 4.0 with the hope that it would be
even better than 3.10. I don't have hard data but empirical data, (seat of the pants). The latest revision, 4.0 was a bit of a letdown. So much so
that I went back to 3.10.
Most noticeable difference is how the car pulls to redline. V3.10 pulls hard all the way to redline and is amazing. I can not feel the turbo running out of
breadth. V4.0 falls flat around 5k rpms and I can definitely feel it struggle. Some day soon if I have time I would like to Datalog both versions and see whats going on.
Basically I felt like I went backwards instead of forward.
I love my V3.10 tune and will stay there for now.
Interesting about how it runs out of breath for you... Are you actually running a turbo transformer on top of a tune? Those should be 2 mutually exclusive things...

Yes the turbo transformer has been there throughout all the various stages of tunes including the Cobb stages.
It was the first mod I bought, just looking for a little more. Aren't we always looking for just a little more, lol.
I guess I could go back to V4.0 and take it off to see if there was any difference but running out of breadth was
just the most noticeable difference. There were other changes that made the car feel weaker.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes the turbo transformer has been there throughout all the various stages of tunes including the Cobb stages.
It was the first mod I bought, just looking for a little more. Aren't we always looking for just a little more, lol.
I guess I could go back to V4.0 and take it off to see if there was any difference but running out of breadth was
just the most noticeable difference. There were other changes that made the car feel weaker.
That is such a big No-No to run those both man, one or the other, that Transformer is for people who don't want to tune and you'll damage your turbo or engine trying to run both. Seriously the Stratified tune already runs too high of boost and you are stacking another boost adder in there, yikes! Anyway, I had 3.1 then moved to 4.0 and it was MUCH better, but still had them take off a half PSI of boost as 26 psi on pump gas is a little high as it is, that's e30 level with my Dizzy tune tune.

So anyway, yeah, pull the Transformer and sell it to people who are afraid of voiding their warranty with a tune, if you run too much peak boost like that then car is going to shut down the power like to save itself.

Ya I found that out. When I sent my tune in for refinement I was told my boost was a little high at 27.4 lbs. The new tune they sent me has 2 more torque and 10 more hp but I only hit 25.9 lbs of boost now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ya I found that out. When I sent my tune in for refinement I was told my boost was a little high at 27.4 lbs. The new tune they sent me has 2 more torque and 10 more hp but I only hit 25.9 lbs of boost now.
That sounds right, and even 26 psi is on the high end, glad you got it sorted though!

ROCKYFiestta

What tires are you running. I am looking for good snow tires for the winter here becouse traction is an issue to say the least. 320 ft of torque in the snow suck right now.
running blizzaks right now here in colorado 6k elev so far made it in the ice/snow just used economy mode on the ap as well to limit power.