Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

I am in the same situation as you with the 92 Octane rating. I went with a 93 Tune and added 16 oz of Torco to my 92 Octane to allow me to run the 93 Tune safely. I've been monitoring my AFR, OAR, Knocks, and Ignition corrections. All have been normal. With the V 2.0 tune, the midrange is more noticeable now, as well as the power appears to come on sooner 2500 vs 3000 rpm. The car does not fall flat on its face after 5000 rpm. It just tapers off to redline. I think you will be please with the V2.0 compared to V1.0. Shifting has improved as well.

Cyrus, one of your tuners is working on a custom 92 octane tune for me. I can't wait!

Unfortunately it's the highest readily octane available in Oregon/Washington. But I'm glad he is willing to work with me on that. I haven't seen anyone else with a 92 octane tune.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is why I LOVE Minnesota....we have a plethora of 91 octane....some 92 octane and alot of 93 octane stations to fuel up at. I can't wait for mine to appear in my inbox! Giddy like a kid at Christmas. ...[party]

On my morning commute (LA freeway, hour long ....), the new smoothness with shifts is a much appreciated improvement. I think I may be getting slightly better mpg too (but its really too soon to tell).

Edit/update: just got an email from Stratified that they sent a 2.00 file with "adjusted" timing to the correct amount. So I guess my early reviews are not valid until i can update the flash.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I got the email as well about 2 hours after they sent me the main file today. Glad I haven't flashed it yet!

Me too. I wish they named one of them differently lol. Looks like the newer file is slightly larger.

I asked. They said added about a degree of timing over 5k rpms. Shouldnt be anything too crazy.

The revision is minor guys - just a bit more timing. The tune will drive just as well but get you just a bit more top end!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Flashed over and so far so good. Max boost pressure of 24.63 lbs on the way home from work.

Do you recommend resetting the ECU and KAM before flashing your tune? I always wonder if that helps going from one tune to another.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed...I can tell with the shifting for sure that it's a little less harsh and the startup is more smooth. Haven't really got into it yet on an on ramp yet.

Thanks Alex!

Flashed the revised map today. Running it till I can switch to ethanol blend.

Just sad I bought a full tank of premium the other day now....lol

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I had something potentially weird happen today, or maybe this is normal, feel free to chime in.

Yesterday after I downloaded the sent map to my AP3 I went directly to my car and installed the map. Before that I had a tune from Randy at Mountune. I did not reset or clean KAM. Install went fast, much faster than I remember the last tune being.

Now I don't monitor things that much with the AP3 but I recall that with my Mountune tune my OAR stayed at -1.0, and it also did so on my drive home after flashing over to Stratified yesterday evening.

Today after work I reset my KAM and ECU, the OAR changed to 0.60 and didn't change anytime during the 4 mile drive home. Thinking this was a little odd and that I may have messed something up, I completely removed the Accessport (uninstalled) from my car then started fresh and reflashed the Stratified tune.

This brought no change to the OAR and I kept an eye on it while running errands. Roughly 5 miles of driving and no change.

The fact that OAR stayed at 0.60 after the "quick flash" yesterday and the "full flash" today, I am led to believe that this is where it should be, or at least until I put some miles on it. Keep in mind that Stratified sent me a tune for 92 octane per my request, but I'm curious as to what everyone elses OAR readings are.

I'd appreciate the input and want to know if I'm just being crazy. The car runs great but from what I've learned on here, I thought positive OAR was a bad thing.

I had something potentially weird happen today, or maybe this is normal, feel free to chime in.

Yesterday after I downloaded the sent map to my AP3 I went directly to my car and installed the map. Before that I had a tune from Randy at Mountune. I did not reset or clean KAM. Install went fast, much faster than I remember the last tune being.

Now I don't monitor things that much with the AP3 but I recall that with my Mountune tune my OAR stayed at -1.0, and it also did so on my drive home after flashing over to Stratified yesterday evening.

Today after work I reset my KAM and ECU, the OAR changed to 0.60 and didn't change anytime during the 4 mile drive home. Thinking this was a little odd and that I may have messed something up, I completely removed the Accessport (uninstalled) from my car then started fresh and reflashed the Stratified tune.

This brought no change to the OAR and I kept an eye on it while running errands. Roughly 5 miles of driving and no change.

The fact that OAR stayed at 0.60 after the "quick flash" yesterday and the "full flash" today, I am led to believe that this is where it should be, or at least until I put some miles on it. Keep in mind that Stratified sent me a tune for 92 octane per my request, but I'm curious as to what everyone elses OAR readings are.

I'd appreciate the input and want to know if I'm just being crazy. The car runs great but from what I've learned on here, I thought positive OAR was a bad thing.
In our tunes, the OAR only learns under boost/load. This is purposely done such that the car learns the octane under high loads where it is prone to knocking as apposed to having the OAR learn under light loads. So you will have to drive the car under boost to have the OAR learn with the Stratified tune.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I have had the v1 since it came out, I got my parts on so quickly along with the tune that I couldn't compare much with one another. Recently I went full stage 3, so I compared the ots-3 with the v1. Biggest two Diffs are as followed; stratified's power feels amazing, the car sings and blow offs like no tomorrow. OTS-1 is hurtles under 3500 but more powerful up top vs V1. Ots-1 how ever is much easier to live with when it comes to shifting, stratified tune is Amzing but the up shifts make the car terrible to drive as a daily Becuase the up shifts are so abrupt.

Excited about the v2 as many have said its improved the shifting and feels more linear, a friend of mine with similar mods said it feels like Cobb+stratified combined In one tune. I thought about trying another tuner but my biggest things about stratified is, they really concentrate on drivability not just power. For many of us this fits to a T, as this is our daily driver. Would love to hear more about v1 vs v2 in terms of power.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
After another day with the tune I just wanted to share my thoughts. Shifts are much smoother with this tune compared to Mountune, I suspect this is because of the reduced rev hang. The car pulls hard and feels like it pulls to redline, where the Mountune felt like it fell on it's face around 5,000 RPM. I've been monitoring boost pressure, estimated torque and OAR with my AP3 for the last couple of days. Max boost peaks around 24.75 lbs and I've managed to get the Estimated Torque as high as 260.3 ft/lbs this evening. Not sure how reliable the AP3 reading is or what it means without much context, but I still feel that's pretty impressive.

Also my OAR has dropped from 1.00 to 0.25 so far after doing a few WOT pulls between home and work. Did I mention this tune is also economical? Whenever I'm not in boost my AVG MPG shoots right back up. Currently averaging about 26.5 to 27 MPG in mostly city driving. Cruising on the highway around 55 MPH the current MPG display was reading between 40 and 45 MPG.