Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Took a roughly 75 mile drive today to feel it out on the highway and see what economy was like. I really like this tune. I also did a datalog of a 4th gear pull from roughly 2000 RPM to 5500 RPM. I was trying to monitor ignition correction for all 4 cylinders but for some reason it only showed cylinder 1. Boost stays at 24.XX until 4500 RPM where it weens off to 20.XX at 5500 RPM. I would've taken it to 6000 but I ran out of road.

Also noteworthy is that my OAR has lowered everytime I've done a WOT pull. On this pull in particular it went from -0.39 to -0.57.

http://datazap.me/u/offthewall503/s...sh-tune-4th-gear-pull?log=0&data=1-2-5-6-9-14

I finally hit -1.00 OAR today. It is defiantly smoother. Im adjusting my seating position and shifting technique but it is a sure improvement over v1.0. So far my cyl 1 corrections have been less than 2 but overall its better. I think my driving technique just needed to be adjusted more (shifting logic in the map helps). My Est Torque is the same, around 260 which seems normal, i think with the curve flatter you give up some peak (compared to mountune for instance) for longer pulling. my mpg is iffy since ive been flooring it whenever possible to get OAR up (or down to -1)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe I missed this or I am just a plus 1 chromosome currently but can you combine the e30....91 and 93 octane tune into one flash tune? Just curious. ....I will apologize now if I already asked this question also.

Maybe I missed this or I am just a plus 1 chromosome currently but can you combine the e30....91 and 93 octane tune into one flash tune? Just curious. ....I will apologize now if I already asked this question also.
Yes you can.

However I generally don't suggest it. It is very easy to get the slots mistaken. I do it all the time. It is much easier to ensure you are on the proper calibration if a fuel swap means a tune swap.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would have done it but I already got the 2.0v ....doh! Oh well ....I'll just keep rocking the 93 oct. It's readily available here and so is non oxy 91 oct.

It would be nice to have e85 and 93 on the same flash, but I'd be afraid I would be driving on the wrong map.

Definitely disable on the fly map switching if you go that route.

It would be nice to have e85 and 93 on the same flash, but I'd be afraid I would be driving on the wrong map.

Definitely disable on the fly map switching if you go that route.
Just to echo what hemiCouple has mentioned. You can get a combo E85/pump gas tune. You would need to purchase both tunes and for one of them special accommodations ($10). However if you are not switching fuels very often, it is safer to have separate files.

So rev hang is most reduced with a tune from stratified? Shifting feels a lot smoother? I feel like it takes so long to switch between gears sometimes when I'm trying to go moderately fast but not bang gears! Like the slowest shifting in any car I've had.

LaserWhisperer

So rev hang is most reduced with a tune from stratified? Shifting feels a lot smoother? I feel like it takes so long to switch between gears sometimes when I'm trying to go moderately fast but not bang gears! Like the slowest shifting in any car I've had.
A little off topic response, but @FSWerks shift adapter can take care of that problem for ya ;-)
Drastically improves the shifter feel, it was one of the very first mods I did to my otherwise stock (at that time) FiST. Really feels great, definitely recommend installing one if you haven't done so already.

I'm currently running the MAPerformance Stg 1 map in SoCal, numbers appear a little low for my expectations, but I guess that could be due in part to the crappy 91OCT we get in CA. I'd be interested in comparing Stratified tune with MAPerformance, if anyone near San Diego is running stratified

Yes, Rev Hang is definitely reduced. Drivablity is improved in that sense.

Any E30 tune feedback? Looking to order a 91oct tune add an E30, Fswerks shift adapter and JBR shift knob.....woot woot!!! All these should transform my driving experience!!!

Any E30 tune feedback? Looking to order a 91oct tune add an E30, Fswerks shift adapter and JBR shift knob.....woot woot!!! All these should transform my driving experience!!!
Get the e30 for sure if you have easy access to ethanol. Car feels much more powerful through the whole Rev range.

OP
commonplatypus
Thread Starter #113
It's pretty fantastic once I got the ethanol mixing down. I initially screwed it up and under-calculated, I think. Now it's a complete riot. I'm actually about to take a step out and go take some datalogs to post here in a bit. :)

I have a couple datalogs....I should try to figure out what my datazap log in was a post. Everything looked inline. Wasn't a good log for virtual dyno though.

I downloaded an e85 calculator for my phone for .99c. It will tell you how much you need to get the % you want.

OP
commonplatypus
Thread Starter #115
I have a couple datalogs....I should try to figure out what my datazap log in was a post. Everything looked inline. Wasn't a good log for virtual dyno though.

I downloaded an e85 calculator for my phone for .99c. It will tell you how much you need to get the % you want.
I have the same calculator. That's what I used to fix mine.

Datalogs/vDyno stuff is about to go up in a new post.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Just another update from me. I am in love with this tune. I have been averaging close to 30 MPG with it, compared to 27 MPG with the Mountune. Pulls harder and longer compared to Mountune as well.

Overall I am extremely happy and will most likely be getting a custom tune soon to squeeze out more power.
[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] - Any input as far as differences in gains between a flash tune and your custom tune on a mostly stock car? I've seen claims from DHM and Livernois of over 30hp (93 octane) on stock cars but not quite sure how that's possible.

Just another update from me. I am in love with this tune. I have been averaging close to 30 MPG with it, compared to 27 MPG with the Mountune. Pulls harder and longer compared to Mountune as well.

Overall I am extremely happy and will most likely be getting a custom tune soon to squeeze out more power.
[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] - Any input as far as differences in gains between a flash tune and your custom tune on a mostly stock car? I've seen claims from DHM and Livernois of over 30hp (93 octane) on stock cars but not quite sure how that's possible.
Thank you for the feedback and I am very happy you're enjoying the tune!

On the stock turbo and stock parts there isn't much that can be added boost wise up top where you see a hp difference. The only way to make more power and that is maxed out with our flash tune. You can see where that would put you here in relation to pump gas:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=565