Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

OP
commonplatypus
Thread Starter #121
Looks like I'll just stick with this tune until I can afford a FMIC then have you guys revise my tune to a Stage 2. :)
I went from being tuned at stock on strat to tuned with an FMIC and I can tell you that you won't see much difference in power. The FMIC does not make power really; it only enables consistency in that power delivery. You'll see a small bump when they up the timing a tad, but that's it. I highly encourage an e30 tune if you're looking for a noticeable step up from what you have now. :)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Has anyone else looked at their "estimated torque" while data logging? I was able to pull 273 ft/lbs during a 4th gear pull. I'm sure this is estimated crank, but still pretty crazy!

screenshot4.png

AzNightmare

Kind of off topic, but what's the difference between "E30" and "E85" ?
Which octane gives more power??

Also, I've been averaging about 10.5L/100km.
I think that converts to about 22.4 US MPG
400~km/tank*
250~mi/tank*

*tank, as in when the fuel light comes on. So it's really more like 90% of the tank

Anyone else getting numbers like this? This is my daily, 95% city driving, 153~km (85mi)/week
I'm close to around 6500km (4063 mi)
I do push the car from time to time when there's space (usually can't during rush hour), but rarely WOT.
Never shift past 5k if I'm in the city. Usually shift around 2500-3500 rpm.

I get the feeling everyone else is getting way more.

Not sure if it has anything to do with my Stratified tune though.
I'm at "Stage 2"

front tire 40 psi
rear tire 37 psi

dyn085

2000 Post Club
E30 is just E85 mixed with a E0/E10 fuel, basically used to raise the effective octane of the fuel. Our fuel system can't handle full E85 and testing has shown that we can achieve MBT on E30 anyways, plus it's usually the best bang-for-the-buck anyways.

My FoST gets those kinds of mpg numbers; what is your average mph/kph over a tank?

AzNightmare

E30 is just E85 mixed with a E0/E10 fuel, basically used to raise the effective octane of the fuel. Our fuel system can't handle full E85 and testing has shown that we can achieve MBT on E30 anyways, plus it's usually the best bang-for-the-buck anyways.

My FoST gets those kinds of mpg numbers; what is your average mph/kph over a tank?
Kind of confused. So What is Stratified's E85 flash tune?
http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=565

Shouldn't there be a E30 tune?

My fuel meter is currently showing half tank right now, at 25km/h average.
Traveled 233km so far. But usually the 2nd half drains quick. Cause the first half, the needle doesn't move for the first 50km or so after a full tank fill up.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=565

Traveled 233km so far. But usually the 2nd half drains quick. Cause the first half, the needle doesn't move for the first 50km or so after a full tank fill up.
In the product description-

The E85 tune is an E30 blend tune. Running full E85 on these cars overwhelms the capacity of the HPFP.

When adding ethanol blends to your fuel the fuel mileage suffers. This is because ethanol is oxygenated and more fuel volume needs to be delivered to achieve the target air/fuel ratio.

The E85 tune is an E30 blend tune. Running full E85 on these cars overwhelms the capacity of the HPFP.

When adding ethanol blends to your fuel the fuel mileage suffers. This is because ethanol is oxygenated and more fuel volume needs to be delivered to achieve the target air/fuel ratio.

Tune received and flashed. I'll post tomorrow after a test drive. Quick question...I had MAP rolling disabled. How can I verify the MAP slot using cruise control? Is the indication similar to Cobb? RPM indication for MAP slot 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?

Yes, the indication is exactly like COBB, and RPM indication for Map Slot is as you noted. Go to COBB website and watch their YouTube instruction on how to access the Maps. Very simple. You will enjoy the Tune [like].

Tune received and flashed. I'll post tomorrow after a test drive. Quick question...I had MAP rolling disabled. How can I verify the MAP slot using cruise control? Is the indication similar to Cobb? RPM indication for MAP slot 1, 2, 3, 4, etc?

Received my 91 stage 1 tune last night and flashed it this morning before heading to work. The improvement made to how the car shifts is great. I decided to datalog since everything was warmed up and looked good under partial throttle - it's definitely a more controlled and linear power band which is nice. My numbers are a bit lower than my cobb ots stage 1 map, same road, same conditions so maybe it's still learning. I just reflashed over my cobb map so I'm going to clear the KAM before heading home.

Does anyone know if leaving TC on makes a large impact on our numbers, I keep forgetting to turn it off :|

Received my 91 stage 1 tune last night and flashed it this morning before heading to work. The improvement made to how the car shifts is great. I decided to datalog since everything was warmed up and looked good under partial throttle - it's definitely a more controlled and linear power band which is nice. My numbers are a bit lower than my cobb ots stage 1 map, same road, same conditions so maybe it's still learning. I just reflashed over my cobb map so I'm going to clear the KAM before heading home.

Does anyone know if leaving TC on makes a large impact on our numbers, I keep forgetting to turn it off :|
Update: cleared kam, reset ecu and by the time I got home I was at -0.26 OAR, it's 35C (95F) degrees celsius here today and quite humid but here is a quick datalog and comparison to cobb ots stage 1 91. Charge air temp of 41.9C start of pull (107F) 54.7C (130F) at end of the pull. Obvious temperature difference between the two runs.

on stock plugs/gap right now, NGK LTR7IX-11 get installed Thurs.

Red = strat
Blue = cobb

Attachments

The OAR has a range of -1.00 to +1.00. Perhaps the parameter you were looking at was not OAR. Look for Oct. Adjst. Ratio. Lrn.

Typo on my end | -0.26 OAR | Cobb map was consistently -1.0 OAR. I understand the more I drive under boost, the car will learn.
This is exactly the case. If the fuel in your area is good you will also get our tune to sit close to or at -1.0 OAR but it learns under boost/load.