Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

This is exactly the case. If the fuel in your area is good you will also get our tune to sit close to or at -1.0 OAR but it learns under boost/load.
As it continues to learn and achieve - 1.0 OAR, I assume I should see a power increase or is there no correlation between the two? Appreciate the quick replies and the info!

blue cobb - cobb stage 1 ots, obb drop in, stock plugs
red strat - strat reflash 91, cobb drop in, ngk LTR7IX-11 gapped to .25

Love the driving characteristics of strat over cobb, but I'm down on power. Is the reflash less agressive than cobb ots?

Attachments

Something looks a little odd to me in the graph comparison. The majority of the torque is a product and directly related to boost pressure. Seeing power output lower while boost pressure is higher is odd especially in the lower RPM where the turbo is efficient. Are these back to back logs taken on the same road at the same time?

I did a back to back comparison this morning, same road, same temps, TC on. I have to say driving both tunes back to back, both feel similar under WOT, but regular driving with the cobb tune is just sluggish and lazy compared to the strat tune. I'm not sure what kind of power to expect but hopefully this clears up my previous logs/posts causing a bigger gap due to temperature.

blue cobb - cobb stage 1 91 v400 ots, cobb drop in, stock plugs
Shell 91

18C (64F)

Attachments

blue cobb - cobb stage 1 ots, obb drop in, stock plugs

Love the driving characteristics of strat over cobb, but I'm down on power. Is the reflash less agressive than cobb ots?
I have a similar experience with Stratified vs. OTS stage 3. Boost is 1.5 PSI higher on Strat for me but power level is more or less the same.
I did notice when reviewing my logs that my timing correction was much better than Cobb though, pretty much never went into the negatives with stratified but was going sub -3 with Cobb

I have a similar experience with Stratified vs. OTS stage 3. Boost is 1.5 PSI higher on Strat for me but power level is more or less the same.
I did notice when reviewing my logs that my timing correction was much better than Cobb though, pretty much never went into the negatives with stratified but was going sub -3 with Cobb
Much more fun to drive with the strat tune vs cobb even if power is similar :)

Just wanted to give my review of the stratified ots+ flash tune. The only mods I have are a drop in filter and Rmm, I've had the 91/93/economy flash tune since May 2016, I was running the Cobb stage 1 tune before this and decided to take a leap and order the flash tune from stratified I mean for $50 why not. It's been amazing, it shifts so smooth, drive ability as everyone has said is phenomenal, stratified really blew it out of the water. Peak 24lbs of boost and the highest estimated torque I've seen on the AP has been 275 I believe on a 70 degree night. I'm definitely ready to try out their E30 tune. Just wanted to say anyone who is looking for a high quality tune for the price, you really can't beat stratified.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
On top of all this, Alex is a solid guy. Was always helpful , answered any and all questions. Most importantly always made sure I was happy with my car. I went a different route but I have nothing but good things to say about Stratified!

pwnall1337

Vendor
I had to wait longer than normal because of their high work load, but I got my tune from [MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] today and the car feels great for sure, however I can't help but to think it's wayyyy too safe. Even the cobb ots maps push timing further. I love the boost curve and strategy, but honestly I think I may have been given the wrong map. I put in the map notes for the 93 octane for my bone stock fiesta st and that I had very good 93 texas gas and I actually believe I had the highest pump gas focus st at 414 whp (dyno video on youtube). It only took me 30 minutes to get OAR to -1.00 and all cylinder corrections were +4 and not a single negative correction ever even with charge temps hitting 130 and me putting the engine under heavy load so I'm now thinking either the 93 map is stupid safe, or I was given a 91 map by mistake.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I had to wait longer than normal because of their high work load, but I got my tune from [MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] today and the car feels great for sure, however I can't help but to think it's wayyyy too safe. Even the cobb ots maps push timing further. I love the boost curve and strategy, but honestly I think I may have been given the wrong map. I put in the map notes for the 93 octane for my bone stock fiesta st and that I had very good 93 texas gas and I actually believe I had the highest pump gas focus st at 414 whp (dyno video on youtube). It only took me 30 minutes to get OAR to -1.00 and all cylinder corrections were +4 and not a single negative correction ever even with charge temps hitting 130 and me putting the engine under heavy load so I'm now thinking either the 93 map is stupid safe, or I was given a 91 map by mistake.
Maybe they're basic it on our shit gas lol, I'm sure you will get it revised

pwnall1337

Vendor
Maybe they're basic it on our shit gas lol, I'm sure you will get it revised
Cyrus is gonna get back to me with a slightly more aggressive flash map today and I'm gonna put it to the test out here will update with boost level and cylinder corrections.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Where (outside of the midwest) is everyone finding these high ethanol concentration blends, or even pure ethanol to mix themselves??

Do the race fuel companies now carry pure ethanol, or the blends?

pwnall1337

Vendor
Where (outside of the midwest) is everyone finding these high ethanol concentration blends, or even pure ethanol to mix themselves??

Do the race fuel companies now carry pure ethanol, or the blends?
When my x37+ comes in I'll be running ethanol only then, with stratified aux fuel and I'll be using an ethanol gauge to determine my mix will playing sir mix a lot at the pump.

Should I stay away from a downpipe with the stock turbo? Other places saying no power is gained.

What's stratifieds opinion?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Should I stay away from a downpipe with the stock turbo? Other places saying no power is gained.

What's stratifieds opinion?
Before I got my downpipe or a BT , I talked to Alex and he recommended the downpipe to me. It made the turbo spool much faster down low for sure

Did the turbo run out of steam earlier with the aftermarket pipe? Also read about gaining low end torque, which we really don't need more of and power dropping off earlier than stock.