Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999101102103104105106107108109
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1090

Thread: Stratified Flash Tune Review
333 Likes

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    KY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Sill waiting on my Statified tune refinement, I have the 93 ots tune from them and cobb. I do see more hp with cobbs (about 22) but I have a strange setup that's why I got the data log refinement. Its business day 8 now hopefully it won't take too much longer. The 2J Racing team and Ron @whoosh have been a lot of help getting her to run great. Also thanks to you guys I got the 2015 evap lines for my 2016 that cleared up the other codes I was getting #codefree.
    2JR Hi-Power Catless Downpipe 304SS, 2JR 3" Side Exit 304SS, 2JR Fiesta ST Cowl Induction Intake, whoosh Hi-Flo hot side intercooler pipe, Whoosh Intercooler Boost Hose Kit, Whoosh HIGH-FLOW Turbo Inlet Elbow, Mishimoto J-Line Intercooler, cp-e xFlex RMM, Stratified tune

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    AK
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Impulse ordered an AP this past weekend and should get here Monday. Getting a 90 octane tune (our highest in Alaska). I am hyped to say the least

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    KY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zymie View Post
    Impulse ordered an AP this past weekend and should get here Monday. Getting a 90 octane tune (our highest in Alaska). I am hyped to say the least
    What tires are you running. I am looking for good snow tires for the winter here becouse traction is an issue to say the least. 320 ft of torque in the snow suck right now.
    2JR Hi-Power Catless Downpipe 304SS, 2JR 3" Side Exit 304SS, 2JR Fiesta ST Cowl Induction Intake, whoosh Hi-Flo hot side intercooler pipe, Whoosh Intercooler Boost Hose Kit, Whoosh HIGH-FLOW Turbo Inlet Elbow, Mishimoto J-Line Intercooler, cp-e xFlex RMM, Stratified tune

New Member 19 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a review comparing V3.10 tune to v4.0 tune, 93oct,linear accel,with the mods listed in my signature.
    I have been running a Stratified tune (v3.10) for over a year and loving it. I recently ordered the newest version 4.0 with the hope that it would be
    even better than 3.10. I don't have hard data but empirical data, (seat of the pants). The latest revision, 4.0 was a bit of a letdown. So much so
    that I went back to 3.10.
    Most noticeable difference is how the car pulls to redline. V3.10 pulls hard all the way to redline and is amazing. I can not feel the turbo running out of
    breadth. V4.0 falls flat around 5k rpms and I can definitely feel it struggle. Some day soon if I have time I would like to Datalog both versions and see whats going on.
    Basically I felt like I went backwards instead of forward.
    I love my V3.10 tune and will stay there for now.
    COBB AP W/Stratified 93 tune
    Depo Racing IC
    Whoosh hot side pipe
    GFB - DV+
    Modified stock airbox w\1" IAT spacer & K&N filter
    MTC intake tube
    Turbo Transformer
    AWR/RMM = 70a
    Powerflex pass insert
    Pierce Motorsports 2 PT front & rear bar
    NGK 6510 plugs
    Resonator delete
    Symposer delete

Senior Member 279 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M0LTEN View Post
    This is a review comparing V3.10 tune to v4.0 tune, 93oct,linear accel,with the mods listed in my signature.
    I have been running a Stratified tune (v3.10) for over a year and loving it. I recently ordered the newest version 4.0 with the hope that it would be
    even better than 3.10. I don't have hard data but empirical data, (seat of the pants). The latest revision, 4.0 was a bit of a letdown. So much so
    that I went back to 3.10.
    Most noticeable difference is how the car pulls to redline. V3.10 pulls hard all the way to redline and is amazing. I can not feel the turbo running out of
    breadth. V4.0 falls flat around 5k rpms and I can definitely feel it struggle. Some day soon if I have time I would like to Datalog both versions and see whats going on.
    Basically I felt like I went backwards instead of forward.
    I love my V3.10 tune and will stay there for now.
    Interesting about how it runs out of breath for you... Are you actually running a turbo transformer on top of a tune? Those should be 2 mutually exclusive things...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

New Member 19 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the turbo transformer has been there throughout all the various stages of tunes including the Cobb stages.
    It was the first mod I bought, just looking for a little more. Aren't we always looking for just a little more, lol.
    I guess I could go back to V4.0 and take it off to see if there was any difference but running out of breadth was
    just the most noticeable difference. There were other changes that made the car feel weaker.
    COBB AP W/Stratified 93 tune
    Depo Racing IC
    Whoosh hot side pipe
    GFB - DV+
    Modified stock airbox w\1" IAT spacer & K&N filter
    MTC intake tube
    Turbo Transformer
    AWR/RMM = 70a
    Powerflex pass insert
    Pierce Motorsports 2 PT front & rear bar
    NGK 6510 plugs
    Resonator delete
    Symposer delete

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M0LTEN View Post
    Yes the turbo transformer has been there throughout all the various stages of tunes including the Cobb stages.
    It was the first mod I bought, just looking for a little more. Aren't we always looking for just a little more, lol.
    I guess I could go back to V4.0 and take it off to see if there was any difference but running out of breadth was
    just the most noticeable difference. There were other changes that made the car feel weaker.
    That is such a big No-No to run those both man, one or the other, that Transformer is for people who don't want to tune and you'll damage your turbo or engine trying to run both. Seriously the Stratified tune already runs too high of boost and you are stacking another boost adder in there, yikes! Anyway, I had 3.1 then moved to 4.0 and it was MUCH better, but still had them take off a half PSI of boost as 26 psi on pump gas is a little high as it is, that's e30 level with my Dizzy tune tune.

So anyway, yeah, pull the Transformer and sell it to people who are afraid of voiding their warranty with a tune, if you run too much peak boost like that then car is going to shut down the power like to save itself.
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. Driver side/trans mount insert and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet on hand waiting to go in.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    KY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Ya I found that out. When I sent my tune in for refinement I was told my boost was a little high at 27.4 lbs. The new tune they sent me has 2 more torque and 10 more hp but I only hit 25.9 lbs of boost now.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BDVRanger View Post
    Ya I found that out. When I sent my tune in for refinement I was told my boost was a little high at 27.4 lbs. The new tune they sent me has 2 more torque and 10 more hp but I only hit 25.9 lbs of boost now.
    That sounds right, and even 26 psi is on the high end, glad you got it sorted though!

Member 35 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by BDVRanger View Post
    What tires are you running. I am looking for good snow tires for the winter here becouse traction is an issue to say the least. 320 ft of torque in the snow suck right now.
    running blizzaks right now here in colorado 6k elev so far made it in the ice/snow just used economy mode on the ap as well to limit power.

Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999101102103104105106107108109