Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radar Detector Hardwire DIY for Ford Fiesta ST - Valentine V1 detector

Cneu

Premium Account
I mounted mine low, right behind the sync screen with a piece of velcro. A bunch of folks have tested where they work best and results showed you should mount them as low in your windshield as possible. Does it make that much of a difference? Not really. They're not illegal here so I don't have to worry about hiding it.

I'd definitely recommend a radar detector though. If they save you from even one ticket they pay for themselves 2-3x in the fines alone. Not to mention your insurance premium increase.

I have the Cobra Rad 380($90) with a fuse kit. I just routed the wire out the right panel and then along the windshield. The wire is pretty hidden and the entire thing took maybe 10 minutes. No messing with the pillar or anything, you just have to pull the side cover to route the wire. For the ground wire, it's lucky we have like 5 different places we can ground these out.