Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broken Foglight Glass

Noticed the other day that both fog light glass covers were broken and cracked. I am being told that this is not covered under warranty (of course) but in addmission by them , telling me that it was probably rocks, pebbles etc... provides recourse because they are either using defective glass or simply the wrong type. There is 0% damage or scratches of any kind around the foglights or front end of the car. The girl in service said that I also have rock chip in the windshield which I had to point out was neither cracked nor broken. ANyone hearing of faulty foglight glass? Wish me luck to have this done under warranty.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I doubt there was a flaw in a bad batch of foglight lenses or more owners would be posting about this. Rock chips happens and its not normally a warranty item, your windshield is a lot stronger and thicker than your fogs so it can take a beating. Good luck any ways.

Good luck man. Next time I recommend you get the fog light overlays to avoid this happening again.

Good luck with that. Especially in winter with the salt/sand on the roads, it's gonna be hard getting warranty on those.

Did you try to deal with the service manager directly? Explain to him your situation and maybe he can help you more than just the service writer.

If they still refuse to warranty the lights, at least try to work with them and maybe get the lights at cost or at least a good discount on the labour. It's better than nothing.

Bradler451

Hey MJ1246,
Same thing just happened to me.. It's seems to me the fog light assembly did not have alot of play in it after hitting a slight bump, shortly after both broke from going pass taunt position

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
What do your cracks look like? If they are circular, they are most likely due to improper installation. Cracks with a definite point of origin can be traced to an impact. Think of a bullet hitting a piece of glass. There is usually an initiation site with gross damage and radial cracks eminating from this origin. Cracking due to installation defects does not have an impact origin. If this were a design problem, more of us would experience the same problem.

I do this stuff for a living (Materials and Process Engineer).

Well...I just listened to mine 'POP' while sitting still in the garage with the car off. The entire glass shattered across my garage floor. I will be seeking some relief from the dealer and we'll see where it goes.

Was hoping that it would solve the damn rattle that is driving me just batty from this car.....NOT!

Well...I just listened to mine 'POP' while sitting still in the garage with the car off. The entire glass shattered across my garage floor. I will be seeking some relief from the dealer and we'll see where it goes.

Was hoping that it would solve the damn rattle that is driving me just batty from this car.....NOT!
Welcome to the forum, cplensdorf!

I want to send this up the chain to your customer service manager. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll get right on it.

Meagan

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Any update on this?. Seeing the other pictures it looks like a compression fracture not an impact one. Meaning the lens in not fitted properly in the housing. Mostly curious.

I just noticed tonight when I finished a weekend roadtrip to Gainesville that my right foglight lense is cracked. I assume it was from debris on the highway....who knows. Probably not covered by warrenty, but I'll call the dealer tommorow to see what they say. I think it got cracked drivng home this evening.

I saw that mine was broken today on the drivers side. Is it possible to fix ourself or does the bumper need to come off to replace?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I saw that mine was broken today on the drivers side. Is it possible to fix ourself or does the bumper need to come off to replace?
Quite easy to access the fog light on the Feista ST. Need a torx and a Philip screw driver. I do suggest to remove the wheel as it makes it easier but I have done it with the wheel on (just need to turn the steering one way or the other twice)

[video=youtube;N2bLZ-szTS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2bLZ-szTS0[/video]

Very easy. [MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] Now is it possible to just replace the glass as I don't really want to replace the whole fog light?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION] is it possible to find another link as the one you posted has stopped working? I have tried to google it but everything comes up with upgraded fog lamps and i just want stock ones.
Try this:
http://stores.revolutionparts.com/t...s-scat/?part_name=fog-lamp-assy&position=left

Left and right are identical. Ford part number is 4F9Z15200AA

Using that I found a generic type fog light assembly on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Fog-Light...ash=item1ea7f5fec6:g:IPIAAOSwnH1WX8sU&vxp=mtr