Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Future Product Idea Requests?

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Zissou

There's a guy I believe from here that sells them on eBay search Fiesta ST dead pedal on eBay its the first one that pops up I need to get one myself.
This is a future ideas for Boomba thread. Not a does someone else sell it thread.

Zissou

I was Just letting you know you can pick one up for a good price no need to be a douche bag.
Whoa relax. All I was suggesting is that Boomba could also make one. Plus that private seller doesn't always have them available.
No need for personal attacks.

Zissou

Another idea;

What about a softer RMM? One less hardcore, like the Cobb or Mountune? I had the Boomba RMM; it was really well made - great fit and finish, but was not the right mount for me. A bit more dampening would have done the trick. For the daily driver / non racers I'm sure sacrificing some wheel hop and shift feel would be acceptable.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You guys make very fine products to say the least and I would have some if not for DIY what I needed prior to your offerings being available.

My recommendations are based on real world experience and what your business model appears to be.

Great requests here, some may not be viable as you need to sell enough to make the investment worth your while, totally understandable and you have your way of doing things, many parts would require a lot of outsourcing and not be as easy to control supply, etc.....keeping to what works for you is most likely the better path.

REM, rear engine mount, that is less harsh would be cool (our cars are engine powered, not motor powered, the whole industry is lost on that one:)

Though another company, as mentioned, is making engine mounts not a bad idea to have competition.

PEDAL covers, stock one not so attractive, that correct for heel and toe, and match a dead pedal, that would be great:)

Shift knob that does not burn your hand, ties in with the pedal and stock steering wheel style....

Bolt on support for front sway bar mounts as they tend to crack, might be a bit tough to work out so a worthy challenge;)

REAR CAMBER shims, another serious part that would take some effort to work out but would help the car be more stable on high speed corners, the stock setup is for slower speed fun, some like to go faster than that. Might not be enough market for them though.

Though trick manifolds and TBs look cool not that much needed, how about, as mentioned I think, manifold spacer with port injectors, or your current spacer with 8 injectors, etc...so all the valves can be kept cleaner.

If you do chassis braces follow the lead of what I believe only one company so far is doing, test them to ensure they do something besides add weight and placebo effect and make them for where needed, not just whatever will sell even if stiffer but not really needed. (almost always a stiffer chassis is better but not if the whole car is not taken into consideration.)

Your shifter seems to be an exceptionally well made part and I would of bought one to try if I had not done a DIY already. You can make a less costly option, not as overall refined but still helps those on a tighter budget, with a simple kit to raise the whole shifter base assembly, I sent you info on that a long time ago.

This one is a bit harsh but until proven wrong which I doubt will happen....

"Wing risers" when the car does not even have a wing, it has a spoiler and raising it is a bit of rice unless aerodynamically enhancing which is highly doubtful, likely it just upsets the wind tunnel designed aero on this car, not a fan of it;)

Sorry for that but I just had to say it as it has bugged me since day one:)

I have many other ideas but they do not fit into your profile so not posting them.

Good day!
Rick

Clutch pedal extender for us short people please. I'm confident there would be a market for it. Maybe if the audience out there give this post likes, Boomba might consider it.

There are companies that make it for Mustangs and Corvettes but, alas, not the Fiesta.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-clutch-pedal-extention-9416.html

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
A clutch pedal stop might be a better way to go as you do not have to depress the clutch all the way to disengage it:)

That might require a clutch switch extender or relocation to make sure you can start the car.

I know the track jocks might not like it, but I for one don't mind the "dress up" stuff. Sometimes you want a few small things to set your car apart from the others. I think we need a different option for the engine cover, something metal. They make them for the focus ST but none for the fiesta ST yet. You could take the licence plate washers and use them for an under hood washer kit (like where the headlights bolt up) Just include some stainless steel bolts. A European company makes them for the fiesta already but it would be nice to have some made stateside. I have some of the plate washers already and was going to do this myself. An intake manifold would be interesting product as well. Maybe make the shift knobs in different colors?

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
I know the track jocks might not like it, but I for one don't mind the "dress up" stuff. Sometimes you want a few small things to set your car apart from the others. I think we need a different option for the engine cover, something metal. They make them for the focus ST but none for the fiesta ST yet. You could take the licence plate washers and use them for an under hood washer kit (like where the headlights bolt up) Just include some stainless steel bolts. A European company makes them for the fiesta already but it would be nice to have some made stateside. I have some of the plate washers already and was going to do this myself. An intake manifold would be interesting product as well. Maybe make the shift knobs in different colors?
I know its a Focus but you get the idea. Check out this under-hood dress-up kit!

I know its a Focus but you get the idea. Check out this under-hood dress-up kit!

Like the washers on the airbox is exactly what I'm talking about. Really the only place to put them on our cars is where the headlights bolt down. Might be able to get creative and put them elsewhere. Nice. I'm waiting for the coolant and brake fluid caps to come out, I already have the oil cap.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Like the washers on the airbox is exactly what I'm talking about. Really the only place to put them on our cars is where the headlights bolt down. Might be able to get creative and put them elsewhere. Nice. I'm waiting for the coolant and brake fluid caps to come out, I already have the oil cap.
Maybe where the hood hinges are? We'll have to play around a little here and see what we can come up with.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I know I am likely considered a "racer" only but I like a nice clean looking underhood, understated, functional..I spend a great deal of time on this one, first turbo 1ZZ in the world, my first turbo build, it is far more detailed than the picture shows. Pulling all the pins out of the connectors so I could slip braided loom over the majority of the wiring took a great deal of time just in itself. My son and I spent days making the turbo system piping look that clean...

That said I really like the look of that Boomba red engine bay, well done, not over done:)

Clutch pedal extender for us short people please. I'm confident there would be a market for it. Maybe if the audience out there give this post likes, Boomba might consider it.

There are companies that make it for Mustangs and Corvettes but, alas, not the Fiesta.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-clutch-pedal-extention-9416.html
So Boomba dudes, did the above reach your design people or r and d ? It would make a world of difference for me and others. If you took a poll or did a group buy I'm sure you'd have a lot of takers. Thanks from Kevin!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How about a boomba front lip splitter that don't cost over 300 dollars .
Or one that is actually functional, and extends more than 1.5" out from the bumper cover?

I would pay well more than $300.00 for a functional, REAL carbon fiber composite, honeycomb construction splitter with a gel coat over it. [wink]