Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST200

I wonder if the paper air filter from the ST 200 air box has the same part number as the North American cars. I have the oiled panel filter that came with the Mountune kit, but I am not a big fan of these filters. More air flow is likely because they don't stop much other than bugs. Tempted to go back to the stock paper filter with my MP 215 kit.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I wonder if the paper air filter from the ST 200 air box has the same part number as the North American cars. I have the oiled panel filter that came with the Mountune kit, but I am not a big fan of these filters. More air flow is likely because they don't stop much other than bugs. Tempted to go back to the stock paper filter with my MP 215 kit.
I run paper.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Until someone (aFe, Airaid, AEM, etc.) comes out with a drop-in factory style panel filter for our cars in a washable, but NON-OILED version, I too will stick with either a Motorcraft, Wix, or Mahle paper filter. ;)

So you have the MP 215 kit, but run the Motorcraft Filter? Did you notice any difference? Or did you ever use the filter that came with the Mountune Kit? Are you running the Mountune airbox that came with the MP 215 kit or the stock box?
Honestly, if I lose a few horsepower, the piece of mind of using a proper filter is worth it to me. I look at how many pleats are in the standard filter and the depth of the pleats in the paper filter as compared to Mountune Filter. Way more filter surface area and I can't see that if you change them out regularly you are really restricting air flow that much over the oiled gauze filter.
Maybe if I was racing the car, I would be willing to use the oiled filter, but in our Northern climate, there is always a lot of dust on the roads year round.

Bluedrank

^^^Until someone (aFe, Airaid, AEM, etc.) comes out with a drop-in factory style panel filter for out cars in a washable, but NON-OILED version, I too will stick with either a Motorcraft, Wix, or Mahle paper filter. ;)
Can you elaborate as to why?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
So you have the MP 215 kit, but run the Motorcraft Filter? Did you notice any difference? Or did you ever use the filter that came with the Mountune Kit? Are you running the Mountune airbox that came with the MP 215 kit or the stock box?
Honestly, if I lose a few horsepower, the piece of mind of using a proper filter is worth it to me. I look at how many pleats are in the standard filter and the depth of the pleats in the paper filter as compared to Mountune Filter. Way more filter surface area and I can't see that if you change them out regularly you are really restricting air flow that much over the oiled gauze filter.
Maybe if I was racing the car, I would be willing to use the oiled filter, but in our Northern climate, there is always a lot of dust on the roads year round.
Correct mp215 tune and kit sold the oil filter. Filter media did not have any bearing on the hp that I measured. It is checked every oil change either replace or at the very least blown out. Way more dust in the box do to the Velossa tech big mouth. :D

Ok, stock filter going back in to my Mountune air box then. So if you detected no difference in peak horsepower versus the Mountune filter, is it just a case that maybe the Mountune filter allows slightly quicker spooling up of the turbo? Otherwise, what is the point of the oiled panel filter?
I don't run my car all that hard, but do like the increased torque that the MP 215 tune gives the car.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Ok, stock filter going back in to my Mountune air box then. So if you detected no difference in peak horsepower versus the Mountune filter, is it just a case that maybe the Mountune filter allows slightly quicker spooling up of the turbo? Otherwise, what is the point of the oiled panel filter?
I don't run my car all that hard, but do like the increased torque that the MP 215 tune gives the car.
You will not notice any different other then some noise reduction. Just keep and eye on it to keep it clean and replace when required.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Correct mp215 tune and kit sold the oil filter. Filter media did not have any bearing on the hp that I measured. It is checked every oil change either replace or at the very least blown out. Way more dust in the box do to the Velossa tech big mouth. :D
Just to be sure, when you say you are using the Motorcraft air filter with your MP 215 kit, do you mean you are using the OEM FiST Motorcraft air filter with it? And is the size and fit in the Mountune MP 215 air box exactly the same as the Mountune oiled air filter that came with the kit, that you are ditching?
My mechanic and I also don't like oiled air filters, which was discouraging me from getting the MP 215, so just wanted to be double-sure because this might be what convinces me to get the kit.

Literally, just got back from the garage from swapping out the Mountune filter for the stock Ford Motorcraft one. Motorcraft filter fits perfectly into the Mountune air box.
Peace of mind now.
The Motorcraft filter has so many more pleats and the depth of the pleats are at least 3 times the Mountune filter. So much more surface area than the Mountune one, so I think this is the right move.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Literally, just got back from the garage from swapping out the Mountune filter for the stock Ford Motorcraft one. Motorcraft filter fits perfectly into the Mountune air box.
Peace of mind now.
The Motorcraft filter has so many more pleats and the depth of the pleats are at least 3 times the Mountune filter. So much more surface area than the Mountune one, so I think this is the right move.
Good to know, thanks.

Does anyone know if the ST200 OEM Intake Box will fit a standard ST, more specifically, one from the US?

There's at least three company's over in Europe which sells the OEM Intake Box.

Thanks

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Does anyone know if the ST200 OEM Intake Box will fit a standard ST, more specifically, one from the US?

Thanks
As I said before it looks like the plastic version of the Mountune. Which might be cheaper to get if you want an airbox and filter. Price it out with shipping.

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Induction-Upgrade-Kit-Fiesta-ST-2014-17-p/2364-cais-aa.htm

Bluedrank

Thanks
There's no reason why it shouldn't fit. It's just a plastic version of the mountune lower section, plus the same lower air tube. I too looked into it a few months ago and found a few UK-based sites selling it. For what it is though, it's pretty pricey when you factor in shipping. But it might actually end up being cheaper then the mountune version still.

I hope to be ordering one of these wed, I will post some impressions, with shipping, and a green filter I have tabbed it to around $215.00 shipped.

I did order it wed and it amazingly shipped to my house on Friday I received everything including the stock air filter for $215.00 to California I will be posting pics shortly. But to make it short it fits and is basically a mountune box made out of plastic. However since you buy the whole box you get a spare stock air filter and sensor. The hose seems very similar if not indentical.

Have Attached Pictures in my build thread for those interested!

Last edited: