Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST200

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member

• Ford unveils new 200 PS Fiesta ST200 version of acclaimed Fiesta ST hot hatch delivering 10 per cent more power and 20 per cent more torque for 6.7 second 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) acceleration and even better in-gear performance
  • Most powerful production Fiesta ever also features exclusive specification with unique Storm Grey exterior, machined matt black alloy wheels and special interior detailing
  • New Ford Kuga makes European motor show debut in Geneva; offers ergonomic interior with SYNC 3 connectivity, bold and sporty exterior and fuel-efficient new 120 PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine
  • All-new Ford GT road- and race-cars are displayed side-by-side for the first time in Europe

The acclaimed Ford Fiesta ST compact hot hatch is about to get even hotter.

Ford will today reveal ahead of the Geneva Motor Show a new Ford Fiesta ST200 model that delivers 10 per cent more power and 20 per cent more torque, with 200 PS and 290 Nm from a specially calibrated 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.

The most powerful production Fiesta ever, the Fiesta ST200 will sprint from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 6.7 seconds, and will feature an exclusive specification including unique Storm Grey exterior, distinctive machined matt black alloy wheels and special interior detailing.

Production of the Fiesta ST200 begins in June with first deliveries to customers expected soon after.

"The Fiesta ST is truly beloved by owners and critics. The ST200 takes this special drivers' car to a new level of power and performance," said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. "I think it's a future classic in the making."

Also on display in Geneva will be the new Ford Kuga – making its European motor show debut – and road- and race-car versions of the Ford GT ultra-high-performance supercar side-by-side in Europe for the first time.

Fiesta ST 200
In addition to the exclusive exterior colour and 17-inch alloy wheel specification, Fiesta ST200 models also will feature red painted brake callipers and an enhanced interior with unique partial leather Charcoal Recaro front seats and contrasting silver stitching, alongside illuminated scuff plates and seatbelts with silver detailing.

The Fiesta ST200's 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine can deliver an additional 15 PS and 30 Nm of torque for up to 20 seconds using transient overboost. A 4.06 ratio final drive – shortened from 3.82 in the Fiesta ST – further enhances in-gear acceleration for improved drivability and an even more fun to drive experience. Top speed is 230 km/h (143 mph).

Like the Fiesta ST, the ST200 delivers optimised cornering and agility using:

• Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and 3-mode Electronic Stability Control
  • A specially modified front steering knuckle
  • An adapted rear twist-beam with increased roll-stiffness
  • Unique front and rear spring and damper settings with a 15 mm lower centre of gravity
  • Sharper 13.69:1 steering ratio and shortened steering arm
  • Enhanced braking system with a larger tandem brake master cylinder and rear disc brakes

The Fiesta ST launched in 2013, delivering 182 PS and 240 Nm of torque from a 1.6 litre EcoBoost engine and 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) acceleration in 6.9 seconds – quickly establishing itself as the Europe's leading compact performance hatchback and earning more than 20 awards around the world within its first year on sale. Ford has since sold 30,000 Fiesta STs in Europe.

"Whether it's the new Fiesta ST200, or our game-changing all-new Focus RS, or the groundbreaking Ford GT supercar, our Ford Performance offering has never been so strong," said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president and chief technical officer, Global Product Development. "Ford's EcoBoost engine technology has enabled a Ford Performance model to suit every budget and lifestyle."

[video=youtube;rEgUlswln-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEgUlswln-k[/video]
[video=youtube;ML3eHtes7sY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML3eHtes7sY[/video]

OK, first excuse me from being from the U.S. but why does performance figures, even from Ford, on the Fiesta ST always mention the 0-62 mph times. Sorry but I'm a 0-60 guy. We're not in Europe and yes I get the 0-100km thing. It's just that I live in NJ. And possibly OCD!

"The Fiesta ST is truly beloved by owners and critics. The ST200 takes this special drivers' car to a new level of power and performance," said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. "I think it's a future classic in the making."

I love that part :)

Hoping someone imports those two-toned wheels and seatbelts. Want.
I was thinking the wheels might be a good project when they're off the car for winter. Good prep and fastidious masking I bet it's doable. I generally don't like the OEM wheels, but those are super sharp.

So basically, thank you Ford for selling a stage 1 tuned fiesta st in an exclusive color with the wheels painted. Real step up guys.

Wish they gave it an actually different set of wheels, the 17x7's are so heavy for what they are too

Yep that's about it for an extra ?3000 no way and the wheels are standard with just a fancy paint job.

Actually, it looks a shade or so lighter than the "Stealth Gray" available on the Focus RS.
Saw that in person and it was hideous. Like Karl said, looks exactly like primer. With so
many awesome paints out there in the automotive world, I just don't get it. Whoever did
the greenlight on this at Ford needs to have their eyes checked.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Not sure if anyone has found this yet, but here is the st200 airbox.

http://www.european-parts.net/produ...29_luftfilterkasten-fiesta-mk7-5-st200.html&=

http://www.tkperformance.co.uk/coll...nd-secondary-feed-upgrade?variant=27192972553

No clue where that second opening goes to though. One must assume it connects to something.
Looks like a plastic version of the Mountune box. Bottom opening is for a hose(on the mountune) to duct cold air from near the bumper.

I have the Mountune MP 215 kit on mine and the metal airbox from the kit has the same bottom opening. You connect a flex hose which is routed in behind the bumper by the drivers side fog lamp. More cold air and makes nice intake sounds as well. I am guessing this car has pretty much an identical Mountune MP 215 kit installed at the factory as the quoted numbers match the MP 215 numbers almost exactly. Another endorsement as to this being a very well executed tune. Not the biggest numbers, but absolutely no downsides, no codes ever. Nice bump in power, but super safe.

Siestarider

Where the inlet hose is located is very important. My pressure testing indicated the area behind the fog light is lower than ambient pressure at speed. I replumbed my Mountune lower hose to the fog light, where I am sure it operates at high pressure at speed. VDyno testing suggests I picked up couple hp on the big end.

I was thinking the wheels might be a good project when they're off the car for winter. Good prep and fastidious masking I bet it's doable. I generally don't like the OEM wheels, but those are super sharp.
I really like those wheels too. My thought was to get some black wheels, have them lightly machined to expose the raised contours, and clearcoat them. Not a cheap prospect though. My saving grace is that I don't think they would go well with Molten Orange.

Bluedrank

Where the inlet hose is located is very important. My pressure testing indicated the area behind the fog light is lower than ambient pressure at speed. I replumbed my Mountune lower hose to the fog light, where I am sure it operates at high pressure at speed. VDyno testing suggests I picked up couple hp on the big end.
Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks to your testing we know that area behind the fog light isn't ideal, I just wish we had some idea as to where that second inlet is routed to. I thought I remember reading somewhere that it went to the front grill. I guess we just need to wait to see if an st200 owner shows up that can clue us in.