Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Taking my ST to the drag strip, any tips?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I'm looking for any tips and tricks that'll help get my FiST in the 9's in the 1/8th.

I ran a 10.1 with a passenger and bone stock. I currently added hi-flo filter and a exhaust cut-out, and will be running solo.

I launch at 2500 and shift at 6K. I run street air pressure on the tires (might go lower to hook harder?). I remove all unnecessary weight.

What else can I do?

lol, for real tho I tried launching my car with launch control last night at a few lights wen I let the clutch out the wheels just spin for days and the revs obviously go up but I'm not going anywhere do I still shift into 2nd at 5500 even though my tires haven't really hooked up?

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I *think* I'm in the 2.3-2.5 zone. I launch with the ESC fully off. The track is prepped pretty well. I do get wheel hop too.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I would lower the tire pressure to low 20's in the front. Play with the pressures and find what works for you. I usually aim for 23psi.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Go half throttle all the way through the launch, first and second gear. Basically, give just enough throttle to get launch control engaged, and feather the clutch on the launch. Stay at the point on the throttle through first. When you get to second, go back to that point, and roll on WOT as you get near redline.

On street tires do a burn out in the water box to clean off the debris from your tires. Pull into the box, pull the e-brake up, let the tires start to spin and lift up on the ebrake. This will let you roll out of the box and let all the water come off your tires.

I set front tire pressure at 21psi, and do a small burnout in the wet box, just a sec to clean off the tires... I pretty much consistently get 2.2 60' launching @ 2800-3000k

masonsturbos

I have launch control at 2k, gunna try a couple hundred higher- but I ran normal street pressure- 38psi, no burnout, go around box on street tires- I've figured this out on any street tire I've ran, a burnout is not benefiting you. Rev to 2k, straight drop the clutch, and floor it. Ran 14.3 stage 3 on 93oct. I'm hoping for a 14.0 after my ethanol tune is done and a better LC rpm.

On street tires do a burn out in the water box to clean off the debris from your tires. Pull into the box, pull the e-brake up, let the tires start to spin and lift up on the ebrake. This will let you roll out of the box and let all the water come off your tires.
Water box isn't necessary on street tires. I would go around it completely if possible. All you need is a quick spin. When I had my trans am, I tried it both ways on all season tires and I got slightly better times skipping the water and just doing a quick, small burnout to clear the tires. Save the water for when you need to heat some slicks or even DR's.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Went back last night: 9.44 @ 74.9mph

Dropped tire pressure to 20psi on my 215/40s and manually launched at 4k. Cut 2.1-2.3 60s. My top end is 75 no matter what my ET is.

Mods were Stratified 91octane tune, catback, AFE cone filter and no headlight.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts