Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car Washes

I have a 2016 and have taken it through those types of car washes a few times without issue. I had a Miata before this car and I think that was even lower and I didn't have issues. I'd honestly be more worried about scratches and if I didn't live in an apartment, I'd just wash my own car since I can do a better job at a far cheaper price.

What they said, but still it is better to wash your own car to avoid getting scratches and marring. The 2-bucket wash method is recommended.

I took my old lowered car through one once in awhile and it worked. It did seem like it may scratch the wheels though how the factory wheels are on the Fiesta. I had a scare once when I went through one with my old car where it felt like it was gonna roll over the track and off and I had to turn the wheel to get it back on track. Not sure what actually happened, but no damage was done.

I vowed to never taken my Fiesta through an automatic car wash to do my best to try and save the paint and make it last. They do clean well, but they also trap dirt on the cleaning brushes, so it's wiping dirt on your paint causing lots of those microscopic scratches in your clear coat. I started out by taking it to coin washes with only the pressure washer (because the brush also traps dirt), but even that with the high pressure isn't great for the paint plus I was drying incorrectly. I live at an apartment, so I looked up how I could wash the car in the parking lot. The two bucket method with rinseless car wash soap works best with a dreadlock style mitt. The rinseless works well because it doesn't sud up like regular soap so you just dry it off rather than hose it off. You do a section at a time cleaning and drying. A good microfiber drying towel works best. The regular microfiber towels get waterlogged too quick.

Here's the video I went by, and there are other rinseless washes so you don't have to buy theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrbghlznKPQ

DaveG99

Dont go through automated car washes. Your paint will get swirls in it. I won't go anywhere near an automatic car wash.

I took my old lowered car through one once in awhile and it worked. It did seem like it may scratch the wheels though how the factory wheels are on the Fiesta. I had a scare once when I went through one with my old car where it felt like it was gonna roll over the track and off and I had to turn the wheel to get it back on track. Not sure what actually happened, but no damage was done.

I vowed to never taken my Fiesta through an automatic car wash to do my best to try and save the paint and make it last. They do clean well, but they also trap dirt on the cleaning brushes, so it's wiping dirt on your paint causing lots of those microscopic scratches in your clear coat. I started out by taking it to coin washes with only the pressure washer (because the brush also traps dirt), but even that with the high pressure isn't great for the paint plus I was drying incorrectly. I live at an apartment, so I looked up how I could wash the car in the parking lot. The two bucket method with rinseless car wash soap works best with a dreadlock style mitt. The rinseless works well because it doesn't sud up like regular soap so you just dry it off rather than hose it off. You do a section at a time cleaning and drying. A good microfiber drying towel works best. The regular microfiber towels get waterlogged too quick.

Here's the video I went by, and there are other rinseless washes so you don't have to buy theirs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrbghlznKPQ
This by far the best way to wash your car, brushes and brisles just scratch the paint. If I'm in a hurry I will power wash it then dry with a micro towel but definitely no brushes

Cotton an chamois will scratch no matter what anyone tells you or tries to sell you. Microfiber is the only thing that should touch car paint. Rinse less washes are FAR better than any automatic wash. Throw 10-15 towels in a bucket of rinseless wash, fold them in 4s and flip them for each panel as it gets dirty. It will not only get cleaner but most rinseless washes offer some sort of wax that actually works. I recommend meguiars but there are other brands

Automatic brush type car washes are not good for your paint.like it was mentioned..it can trap dirt or even worse..grease or who know what else....best advise: Do it yourself, or pay someone to do it by hand..and those touches car wash..only good for very light cleaning....just my opinion in all of these things..