Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595 RSR 205/45/16 $369.43 Shipped from Online Tires

Oh wow. I have winter wheels and tires, so they'll be in the basement when it gets cold. I saw some markings on the sidewall for sections - Is that crack where the sections meet?.

Interesting that you'd still buy them again even if you cracked a tire. And I'll be interested in how they compare to the RE-71s.
I'm not sure if the cracks are where the sections of the tires are, although I wouldn't be surprised, the cracks aren't perfectly straight but all four tires have them.
There's only one crack on each tire though whereas I think the rubber has a few sections
I don't see why I wouldn't buy them again/recommend them, the tires were used in a condition they were not designed/advertised for and they cracked.
My friend works at a local Jaguar/LR dealership and some of their cars with summer only tires will crack just from sitting in the lot in the winter (no miles driven)

MPA

I've never seen that, but I'll definitely make sure I take mine off before it gets frigid. I do like them, lots of grip.

Do you daily the evo's? im lookin at the tread pattern and its got a center section but not very good outter channels to let the water out.
I actually do daily them. They are very good tires in the dry, and pretty decent in the wet. We've had a decent amount of rain here in Northern California the last few months and they hold up pretty well. Some hydroplaning when I hit bigger puddles, but for the most part solid. I'm sure they would last longer, but 2 track days plus about 6k of daily driving seems to be the max these can do. I need a separate set of tires for the track.

I feel like I have to try these 205/45-16 FEDERAL 595 RS-R for the price, especially if you guys are comparing them to the RE-71r tires. I just added them to the cart to see final price and even with shipping the RS-R tires are very cheap.

Original J-Pat

I feel like I have to try these 205/45-16 FEDERAL 595 RS-R for the price, especially if you guys are comparing them to the RE-71r tires. I just added them to the cart to see final price and even with shipping the RS-R tires are very cheap.
They're probably getting rid of the inventory because they have the new 595 RS-RR's now

MPA

I just took mine off since we're due to have some snow next week.

I put 10,108 miles on them, and they have between 4/32 and 5/32 of tread left (new they have 8/32 according to Federal's site). I'm hoping to get another 3k from them when I put them back on in Feb or March. The car has to be safety inspected next August, so the plan is to replace them before then.

Mostly normal driving, with some back road drives. No dumping the clutch, but I did enjoy spinning them so I'm sure that affected wear somewhat. Still love the tires, I'm still super careful in the rain, but have not experienced any hydroplaning at all.

If I can get a season and a half out of a set, then I'm fine with that. Was thinking about replacing them with RE-71s, but I think I'll end up with another set of these, and see how they do on track w/ one or two track days.

I see OnlineTires.com has the 595RS-RRs, but they're not available in any 16" sizes at this time.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
It looks like the RS-R may be my go to tire for my RPF1's I'm getting in the Spring. Would these make a decent daily driving tire during the summer? I'm wondering how many miles I can get out of these, treadwear is pretty low.

MPA

My car is my DD, and they did fine. I've only had the winter tires on for a day (185/65/15 Altimax Arctics) and I miss the responsiveness already.

Just a warning regarding onlinetires.
I tried ordering the 595 EVOs from them on Monday and received a call that same afternoon informing me they were out of stock with no ETA, so I had the rep cancel my order.
Today I went to my bank's site and noticed that not only did they charge me for the tires which they did not have in stock, but there was also a charge for close to $800 from a plumbing supply place. I just received this card last Friday and have not used it anywhere but with them so I am pretty sure they were at fault for that $800 charge. My bank has taken care of the whole incident already but wanted to warn everyone about what might happen.

MPA

I'd seen something similar, plus tons of bad reviews and issues with them last year when I was going to buy the 595RS-Rs from them, I ended up going through ebay

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yes, but online tires has the best prices and (for those of us near the warehouse in SoCal) they allow the option of free pick-up which saves shipping cost.
Does anyone else handle the Federals besides onlinetires.com, and ebay??

Just a warning regarding onlinetires.
I tried ordering the 595 EVOs from them on Monday and received a call that same afternoon informing me they were out of stock with no ETA, so I had the rep cancel my order.
Today I went to my bank's site and noticed that not only did they charge me for the tires which they did not have in stock, but there was also a charge for close to $800 from a plumbing supply place. I just received this card last Friday and have not used it anywhere but with them so I am pretty sure they were at fault for that $800 charge. My bank has taken care of the whole incident already but wanted to warn everyone about what might happen.

For sites that I'm unfamiliar with, I ALWAYS use PayPal. It doesn't provide them any CC info, and if you get charged for something you can dispute with PayPal. I'm going to call and confirm they have the items in stock before I order which should be here soon.

That's a little concerning. I went to pickup my tires because they have a location by me and it did seem a little sketchy how they were running everything.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I haven't found any real comparisons between these and the RE-71R's, but the reviews that I have read from AX guys aren't very complementary. RE-71R's are, at the moment, the benchmark tire for AX; I'm having a hard time believing that these are even close to the RE-71R's without any real data. That said, they appear to be a great price/performance combination for the street.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I haven't found any real comparisons between these and the RE-71R's, but the reviews that I have read from AX guys aren't very complementary. RE-71R's are, at the moment, the benchmark tire for AX; I'm having a hard time believing that these are even close to the RE-71R's without any real data. That said, they appear to be a great price/performance combination for the street.
I would not even expect them to be close to the benchmark RE71Rs as far as autocross/track use/performance goes.

But as far as for those of us who just need/want a sticky STREET tire, or for whom B-stone REFUSES to make their 'benchmark' tire in the SIZE that we need (we should NOT have to step DOWN in size just to use 'the current state of the art'! [nono]), the Federals might just be the ticket at almost half the cost of the Star Specs. [wink]