Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to auto cross their Fiesta ST?

How many people plan to auto cross their Fiesta ST?

• Yes

Votes: 74 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 22.1%

• Total voters
I hope he's not talking raw times (assuming equal-ish drivers). But our new H-Street pax (assuming any of you guy left yours stock!) means we could be VERY competitive! Unfortunately, this car goes straight to STX with even an intake, and I don't see it competing at more than a local level in STX or especially in Street Prepared (in you're tuned!).

k757

You talking raw time?

I hope he's not talking raw times (assuming equal-ish drivers). But our new H-Street pax (assuming any of you guy left yours stock!) means we could be VERY competitive! Unfortunately, this car goes straight to STX with even an intake, and I don't see it competing at more than a local level in STX or especially in Street Prepared (in you're tuned!).
:)
When a Porsche club was canceled, they joined the NASA based autox club. The differing Porsche cars/guys couldn't beat me in E class. I have to assume they weren't the best of drivers (I'm pretty good)

I really want to do Autocross, but I just have this feeling I would somehow break something. I mean I have done my fair share of "Spirited" driving in various conditions and I know I've caught air at least once (Oh man that was great). So far so good, the car is in great condition and is a damned champ. But something is just keeping me from the cones. It's probably their color. The orange scares me.
That and I'm just not too keen on driving in a parking lot that isn't made for higher speeds or even regular speed driving. Everywhere I go, there is always cracks and grass growing about as well as the occasional pothole here and there or really stupidly rough patches.

I'll give it some time, watch a few videos, and wait for spring/summer to come around again. I mean I plan to do the dragon if they have the ST meet again so I might as well make sure I know what I'm doing behind the wheel and get some practice.

Autocross sites and courses are checked, rechecked, and then walked, and then REchecked for safety. I don't see autocross being any harder on your car than a couple onramps runs. If you've gotten air, but you're afraid of autox, you are waaaaay back-asswards! haha

As for the worry about breaking your car autocrossing...if you are running in H-Street that is a VERY minimal risk. I put a TON of runs on my car between 20 events and test and tunes and the only thing I had to replace is tires. I highly encourage anyone to give it a try if you are even remotely interested.

you are waaaaay back-asswards! haha
Damned straight son!

I plan to do it, I just haven't found the confidence to do so yet I'll go and screech tires around backroad corners. I'll probably hit it up during a car show during the summer. Over in Lebanon TN, there is usually a show-N-Shine event every month or other week. A lot of times, there is an Auto cross even happening in the same compound. So that's gonna be my best chance.

k757

Damned straight son!

I plan to do it, I just haven't found the confidence to do so yet I'll go and screech tires around backroad corners. I'll probably hit it up during a car show during the summer. Over in Lebanon TN, there is usually a show-N-Shine event every month or other week. A lot of times, there is an Auto cross even happening in the same compound. So that's gonna be my best chance.
Dragon and backroads are much more dangerous than a huge open parking lot, where you really only get into 2nd gear.

Driving around squealing tires isn't really what it is about and Auto-X is significantly safer.

I would highly recommend going to an autocross, pay the 30 bucks to drive and get a few runs in. You will be amazed what 30-40mph feels like when you are constantly turning.

See if you can ride around with an instructor during one of their runs.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
We had a Gal with her Porsche Boxster come out and do autoX now she was a total beginner but she was out there having fun and by no means fast but she was taking part and learning her car and her skills... Lots of times if you walk the Grid and ask nice you can get a ride along. and IF you ask for help Most places will hook you up with a instructor or a better driver to help you.. Go only as fast as you are comfortable it will come and if not oh well at least you tried .. As stated it is truely amazing how fast 40 mph feels when you have little or not strights but only corners and ess's Very challenging in a safe way as everyone is going the same direction and saftey/conrer workers looking out for you while on track and very limited other traffic is any at all ..

We had an entire family come out to a novice school last year and it was a BLAST. They all had a good time and they all learned a bunch!

Seriously, go to an event, you will have a good time.

SPhilli911

I admit, autox is a little nerveracking at first. Fear of breaking the car (I had this fear big time in my STI) or fear of getting lost on the course looking like an idiot. But you go, take the first run slow, learn the layout with an instructor if possible, get the feel of it before going all out. And no one else cares how good or bad you do, you go there to have fun.

It's the cheapest (and safest) way to have fun in these cars if you don't have access to a track.