Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to auto cross their Fiesta ST?

How many people plan to auto cross their Fiesta ST?

• Yes

Votes: 74 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 22.1%

• Total voters

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Now that autocross season is around the corner, how many people plan to do autocross with their Fiesta ST?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Some AutoX and Hi Speed autoX as well as a few track days I'm hoping ..

I thought about it but the problem is seat time vs. standing around. I went with a friend once to his autocross and it just didn't seem worth it to me. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and if I got more chances to drive I'd be all over it but standing or working the course for hours for just a few minutes of driving didn't sit right with me. Maybe if I found a smaller group? Dunno. I'd love to get into it otherwise.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I think I'm def going to try it out. I'd really like to get it onto an actual track at some point...

I hope to run an entire season as long as work allows.. I think the FiST will be a stiff competitor in G Street, much more so than the mustang I traded in on it..

I plan to autocross a couple events this year and see how it does. I wish there was a track nearby to have some fun on.

Idk,I'm sure it's very fun,but knowing my luck I'll break something and be out of a car for a couple of weeks.Ha.

-ry

Did my first autoX today in the fiesta. I normally race my mr2 turbo. So fwd was different but did some fast times and finished second in my class. Great car! I like it better than my mr2 :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I will run events as I travel and they are available where we are but mainly I am going to drive on all the famous road courses around NA as I can get on. I have autocrossed on and off since the early 70's and prefer more open, faster paced autocross layouts, best ever were the ones on a race track I helped setup and run back in my 510 days and the ones the Vette drivers setup at the stadium in San Diego, some very fast and long courses, up to 90 seconds and well into 3rd gear:)

I'll be doing this in the fall for sure, our season just ended here in the desert as its way too hot to be doing this now(108 degrees today). I've autocrossed for years, always enjoyed it and I'm not terrible at it taking home a couple regional class championships a few years ago. This car should be a blast to do it in!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Finally the Stars aligned and it worked out I could get to the track and see how the little Fist did in GM or G Mod as our club uses a points system of sorts to class cars based on added go fast or turn hard items .. Did OK Almost got second with the heavy hitters ending up in the top spots but we were close for the first short track outing.. anyways Nice to meet ya fixinit89 wish we had more time to chit chat but thing are busy and you know the weather can change as we had to work session 3 aka The Monsoon... Man did it rain for about a 1hr then it dried off and we finished infact i did my best time in the WET go figure it must have slowed me down enough to let me go fast ... Glad they got your class sorted out too..
Anyway enough yakkin here is my first ever lap so it is slow and the mount is a bit wobbly holding my Iphone but the sound of the 2J-Racing full catted 3 inch exhaust is about right and fyi both front windows are down per rules...
[video=youtube_share;Xvm-72UYQ2s]http://youtu.be/Xvm-72UYQ2s[/video]

I'm plan on getting out to a track day or two before the snow flies. I agree with the standing vs. track time point. And I too get confused by cones. Been staring to think about street class time attack for next summer.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Time attack is great, like a giant autocross but you get to stay out for 15-20 minutes, get the car up to temps, brakes, tires, get clear of traffic then go all out for a lap or two then cool off a bit, think about what you want to do differently, hit it again...., do a few of those sessions in one day and autocross becomes a bit less interesting, albeit far less costly. I will autocross but only when I cannot get on track and hopefully longer courses and fun runs!

Ford Community Posts