Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to auto cross their Fiesta ST?

How many people plan to auto cross their Fiesta ST?

• Yes

Votes: 74 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 21 22.1%

• Total voters

SPhilli911

Why is everyone afraid of breaking their car? How fragile do people think cars are?!?
It's not a totally irrational fear. After years of horrible used cars in my case, it's hard to shake that feeling that something could go wrong. Autocrossing a car that is also a daily driver can contribute to that feeling as well.

However, the FiST is my first new car, I’m not worried about it.

Why is everyone afraid of breaking their car? How fragile do people think cars are?!?
I dunno......the only cars that seem to break are the modified class and prepared classes in experience

Here is a VIDEO of my FiST on one of our shorter courses. This was on what I would have considered a "dangerous" course as it is on a road course not a typical autocross.

[video=youtube;F6lUDWkw_pc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6lUDWkw_pc[/video]

Here is one of my BMW that was bone stock

[video=youtube;TxSpMl5OQvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxSpMl5OQvI[/video]

GAbOS

If it didn't change this year.. Cat back, shocks/dampers(but not springs) and only one sway bar. Front or back, your choice.

I plan to do autocross and maybe road racing. I also want to do HPDE but after I do some autocross on my own first. With my mods I'll be in F Street Prepared.

I plan to do autocross and maybe road racing. I also want to do HPDE but after I do some autocross on my own first. With my mods I'll be in F Street Prepared.
The FiST is an HS -or- STX -or- CSP car until you get to the monster classes.

Appendix A - Automobile Classes - 9-25-2015
http://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

Thanks for the info. With my currnent mods (in sig) which would be the most appropriate class? I was under the impression from my researching that swapping the intercooler put me in the street prepared classification. I didn't find much info on STX allowed mods, do you have a link perhaps for that?

ETA: Nevermind, I think I understand how the classification system works now. That link you posted really helped. I am in CSP due to the mods to the intercooler and bypass valve. Thanks!!!

Autocross from this past weekend. Came in second behind TurboRon.
[video=youtube;6NpboSCd9mo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NpboSCd9mo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Did my first auto-X a few weeks ago. Had a blast. Learned alot. Started improving my times each run by the afternoon. I couldn't get summer tires on before the event so I was on blizzaks which were a huge handicap, especially with all the mods. Spun like crazy in the straights, couldnt stop and was almost always sideways. There was another FiST that was stock and beat my best time by 6 seconds (he had stock potenzas vs my blizzaks). Doing another event on April 10 and will have summers on. Super excited!

LT Berzerker

Did my first auto-X a few weeks ago. Had a blast. Learned alot. Started improving my times each run by the afternoon. I couldn't get summer tires on before the event so I was on blizzaks which were a huge handicap, especially with all the mods. Spun like crazy in the straights, couldnt stop and was almost always sideways. There was another FiST that was stock and beat my best time by 6 seconds (he had stock potenzas vs my blizzaks). Doing another event on April 10 and will have summers on. Super excited!
Addicting ;)

I really want to try auto-x, yet find myself a bit intimidated by it. I've never done any kind of racing before and don't want to embarrassed myself. I know it wouldn't be an issue and that everyone has to start somewhere. Just need to suck it up and go sometime, because I know I'd love it. I also really want to do some kind of driving school, but budget is tight as well as vacation days this year to be able to get to the ST academy.

LT Berzerker

I really want to try auto-x, yet find myself a bit intimidated by it. I've never done any kind of racing before and don't want to embarrassed myself. I know it wouldn't be an issue and that everyone has to start somewhere. Just need to suck it up and go sometime, because I know I'd love it. I also really want to do some kind of driving school, but budget is tight as well as vacation days this year to be able to get to the ST academy.
The only regret you'll have is you didn't do it sooner! Trust me.

Ford Community Posts