Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

To our Moderators - Off Topic Forum Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen,

I would like to make a small suggestion about our "Off Topic" department. I noticed in the last few days that politics and religion are now on our front page. I have no personal problem with this but think that this might be problematic going forward. I am a new member having less than a year on this forum. I participate in another forum with over 100,000 members and the setup is a bit different. There are separate sections for "religion" and "political and open discussion". We are a small community with a devoted following and the star of the show is the "FIST". Should there be a need, maybe these subjects should have their own "islands". Things like this can devolve to levels of the "Wild Wild West" or even "nuclear War". Just food for thought.

Yeah, I was on another forum where there was an unmoderated section called the Wild West that was specifically for Religion and Politics and before you could even go into it you had to read a warning stating that its up to you to make the choice to go in and don't get mad if you are offended by anything.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
An unmoderated section, hidden from public eyes.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

I mean, right now everything seems to be civil, but if stuff were to get out of hand this could be an option, yeah?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
To our Moderators- Off Topic

Back in 2008 or so, I was a member at C3G for the 3rd gen Eclipse. And I still go by the same handle, actually. We had a section called The OT in the Off Topic section. It was unmoderated, and hidden from public view... When a thread got out of hand, or a lost noob wandered in, all bets were off. It was all in there. Even moderators joined in on the huge flame wars we had, often ripping people apart. The only rule was that what happened in OT stayed in OT... Well, except name changes. Mods would go as far as giving the saltiest of noobs a Pink name, with a rainbow as their picture until they saw fit to let the user have control again. Man, we used to dig up people's old Myspace pictures and editing would go wild...

So, like I said, "watching the world burn."

As long as there is a stout warning, it's hidden from those who are not registered and arguments don't leak out, I'm game.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Moderation on this forum is soft at best from what i have seen. On my thread about the merits of stage 2, I was repeatedly insulted, cursed at, called a "religious prick" (not sure why as religion never came into that discussion once), insignificant, and more....I never retaliated once except toward the end referring to my main antagonist as "Boss Hogg"...

All of this came upon me why? Because I said that real dynos on a real car and the opinion (it's all there, go read it) of several respected vendors here (who chimed in) was more believable than someone's virtual dyno charts.

In the midst of that I saw little in the way of moderation happening.

Also there is a recent discussion on getting blow jobs from fat women happening.

None of this bothers me; moderation here has proven to be soft but even someone in my position who has taken some heat isn't upset by all of it.

It's just the internet man...

Status
Not open for further replies.