Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Have an iPhone and can't receive text messages? Here's how to Fix that

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Good find, thanks Ryan.

Perry

WARNING! Not that it was a disaster, but I just spent a half-hour-plus trying to get this to work. Visited the site above, cut & paste the directions, printed same, took 'em out to the car, and proceeded to follow 'em. Didn't work. In fact, the SYNC system wouldn't even connect to my iPhone 4S (iOS7) any more. Turned everything off, went inside for a few minutes. There, I went back in to the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone, set Notifications to Off (reversing the change I'd instituted trying to get SYNC to read aloud my text messages), and returned to the car, where it seemed to take longer than usual but the SYNC system did finally connect to my iPhone again. I've decided I'm okay with not having text messages read aloud to me at the moment.

NB: At the end of the instructions obtained via the link, it says that if the given procedure doesn't work, one may have to restore the iPhone to factory settings, which of course results in loss of all its data, music, apps, etc. These can be restored from an iCloud or other backup, but I'm not going there, at least not at the moment, under the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
My experia z1s doesn't have this problem, and neither did my galaxy S3. It must be an iPhone thing, which is weird because they cater EVERYTHING around the iPhone lol

OP
RyGuyFIST83
Thread Starter #9
WARNING! Not that it was a disaster, but I just spent a half-hour-plus trying to get this to work. Visited the site above, cut & paste the directions, printed same, took 'em out to the car, and proceeded to follow 'em. Didn't work. In fact, the SYNC system wouldn't even connect to my iPhone 4S (iOS7) any more. Turned everything off, went inside for a few minutes. There, I went back in to the Bluetooth settings on my iPhone, set Notifications to Off (reversing the change I'd instituted trying to get SYNC to read aloud my text messages), and returned to the car, where it seemed to take longer than usual but the SYNC system did finally connect to my iPhone again. I've decided I'm okay with not having text messages read aloud to me at the moment.

NB: At the end of the instructions obtained via the link, it says that if the given procedure doesn't work, one may have to restore the iPhone to factory settings, which of course results in loss of all its data, music, apps, etc. These can be restored from an iCloud or other backup, but I'm not going there, at least not at the moment, under the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

Perry,

I have an update: I too after trying the link had trouble getting it to work,but after a few times playing around and doing a little further more googling I found out how to fix this. Basically it only works if you delete your phone off from the phone Bluetooth setting altogether so your car can not recognize your phone anymore,like starting from scratch.

Next,you re connect the phone,by going into Bluetooth Snyc and finding your phone again. As soon as your phone gets connected then go into your phones Bluetooth setting and turn on the Notifications setting button. Your messaging should now work. If for some reason it doesn't,make sure you log into your sync account and see that you have the latest version as well as iOS on your phone. You might have to repeat the procedure a few times to get it to work,I got mine to work after about 20min of tinkering,with an iphone5. Bottom line it does work,and I'm 100% satisfied now with my MFT and really like being able to hear my text messages read to me while driving as well as being able to send txt with the pre written messages comes in handy.[thumb]

-ry

It does work...I had a few issues, but as Fist83 explained it, that's how I got my 4S to work too.
The only issues is the sending or replying with pre written texts...that has not worked for me. I just hit my phone button for Siri and she can send the text for me through SYNC/MFT!

Perry

Using the standard technique outlined on the SYNC support site, I've now managed to get my iPhone 4S w/ iOS7.0.4 working with SYNC to read aloud texts. I can even send a text from the pre-defined, but editable, list. Don't know what I did differently than before, but that was then, this is now, and for the moment, now is better.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Once this is done do you have to redo this if to remove the battery or unhook the battery or load a tune which resets most everything ?? anyone know.. As I am not a big fan of driving distractions I tend to not bother with text or calls while driving.. Just like when I learned to drive Watch the road (your mother may be out driving OMG) and listen when to shift ... But thats just old school me...