Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VelossaTech Big Mouth Data???

Can someone comment on the performance of this unit? I would like to see for those that have upgraded intercoolers, what your Charge Air Temperatures compare to the ambient air. Right now as my car is rolling, I have anywhere from a 6-12 degree difference from Ambient to my Charge intake temperatures with my Injen Intake.

I was thinking about picking one of these up and pairing it with Mishimoto's new intake.
[MENTION=3407]VelossaTech[/MENTION]

Can someone comment on the performance of this unit? I would like to see for those that have upgraded intercoolers, what your Charge Air Temperatures compare to the ambient air. Right now as my car is rolling, I have anywhere from a 6-12 degree difference from Ambient to my Charge intake temperatures with my Injen Intake.

I was thinking about picking one of these up and pairing it with Mishimoto's new intake.

[MENTION=3407]VelossaTech[/MENTION]

Sure!

The thing to remember is that our intake is designed for more than just IAT. While IAT is good to control, what is even better is mass air flow. Just like all of our intakes, we focused on bringing in as much air mass flow into the engine as possible. Using forward motion of the car, one can convert dynamic pressure into usable static pressure which increases mass air flow, and this equals power. Since the unit is designed to function when the car is moving (40 mph+), we have data logs of airflow. All of our big mouth intakes gobble up lots of air, our FoST intake shows the equivalent of 8hp worth of air and the FiST about 4 hp worth of air. Here is one of the data logs on stock turbo tuned vehicle. The airflow increase is very nice to have especially with the smaller turbo.

Remember, IAT is great to control, but airflow is where it's at.

We just added a performance section to the web store right here.

http://www.velossatechdesign.com/performance-data/

Check it out, there will be more Fiesta ST data plots going up soon. Right now we are just structuring the web site, I want to be clear, the part is not just aesthetic. The design of the intake is an airflow booster. When your car moves, the dynamic pressure built up in your airbox allows your turbo to either run lower WGDC or boost airflow (depending if your tune uses WGDC for target or boost). Either way, you will see airflow.