Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Corner balance and weight information

Chuckable

Got my car corner balanced last week after installing ST XTA coilovers, and thought I'd share the specs in case it may help someone out in the future or be useful for confirmation of the weight of the FiST.
Corner Weight.jpg
So, with 194 lbs in the driver seat to simulate my weight, and with 1/2 tank of fuel, the FiST weighed 2883 lbs. Subtracting 194 lbs for driver weight means the FiST weighs about 2689 lbs with 1/2 tank. Not bad!

Also, with a 194 lb driver and 1/2 tank of fuel works out to 60% front and 40% rear weight distribution.
I'm sure that there's a lot more which can be gleaned from these numbers, but I'm still learning.

Move the factory battery to right rear of car and you could get closer to even side to side numbers. Thanks for posting this info!

OP
C

Chuckable

Thread Starter #3
Good idea, like the muscle cars used to do. I'm not going to be that extreme since this is my daily driver. But I'm sure moving that weighty battery would be of a great benefit.