Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST World Car of the Year

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Should be another cake walk for the ST[grinking]

Perry

World Performance Car Finalists:
Alfa Romeo 4C
Audi RS 6 Avant
BMW M6 Gran Coupe
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Ferrari 458 Speciale
Ford Fiesta ST
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 Roadster
Mercedes-Benz A/CLA45 AMG
Porsche 911 GT3
Porsche 911 Turbo
Volkswagen Golf GTI

There's some very stiff competition in there. But I do especially enjoy the simple fact that the FiST is listed between a Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini Aventador. In all fairness, though, this is very much an apples, oranges, mangoes, and kiwis sort of affair. And for the last, I'm not talking about the fruit. The FiST and GTI belong on the same list, but how does one reconcile those two with the Italian supercars? And then there's a pair of Porsche 911s and the obligatory Audi, Merc and BMW choices to give the Germanic tribes their due, but we're off in a different direction with them. And the one North American car, the 'Vette Stingray, is a great choice, but why not the CTS as well? The CTS might fit in with the Merc/Beemer group, and the Vette can be the price leader in a pack with the Porsches, but we're still all over the place. What sensible list of criteria can one possibly use to pick a "World Performance Car of the Year" out of that lot?

I'm so proud and quite impressed of the competition our cars is going up against. Even if we don't win,it's quite an accomplishment seeing that any car could have made it there and out of all of them they still pick our lil FIST to be there AWSOME [twothumb]

-ry

Perry

Ferrari 458 Speciale

Oh. My. Goodness. If. Only. Please, God, let me drive this in Heaven.

Perry

Dramatic, and dang, does it look fast!

Perry

Idk,I'm a VW guy at heart,I will always have a soft spot for the GTI. And the FIST prob will get traded in for a MK7 in 2-3 years.[ohcrap]

-ry
The GTI isn't a bad car, in fact, I think it's a quite good car, but the style--or, to my eye, lack thereof--is a problem. It looks not just German, but East German. And that's not a good thing.

I deleted my post so you could have all the cars listed in a row Perry [like]

Dramatic, and dang, does it look fast!

I'll take one in BLACK or WHITE please. [grinking]

-ry

VW Golf GTI

Another yawn.
Idk,I am a VW guy at heart, will always have a soft spot for the GTI.started off my hatchback addiction.Hate to admit it but the FIST prob will get traded in for a MK7 in a few years.[ohcrap]

-ry