Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Resetting Oil Light for vehicles with Cobb Tune

Just rolled over 10,000 miles/16,000 kilometers and an amber wrench popped up?

These are the exact steps I used to clear mine:

1: Uninstall AccessPort
2. Turn ignition on (push ignition button, but do not press the clutch in)
3. Depress brake and gas pedals 100% (light should go off after a couple seconds)
4. Count to 30, then turn your ignition off
5. Start the car just to double check the light doesn't come back
6. Power down
7. Reinstall AP

If you have an accessport installed, it needs to be uninstalled to reset the oil change reminder. If following the above directions still don't work you can try holding down your brake and gas BEFORE hitting your ignition button. That was a tip from my Ford dealer when I was having similar issues, no idea if it works. If all of that is a fail, then maybe it unfortunately ISN'T an oil reminder, but a powertrain warning light.

Keywords: resetting oil light, resetting wrench light, resetting oil, oil reset, clearing oil light, clearing wrench light, oil reminder light

red-one

Just to clarify are you just disconnecting the access port from the OBDII port or are you uninstalling the tune and going back to the factory tune?

Thanks for the tip

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #3
Completely uninstalling the AP and going back to the factory tune and settings. Once you clear the code you can reinstall your AP.

haste

1000 Post Club
i have 30k on my FiST and have yet to see a wrench light. what gives?

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #6
i have 30k on my FiST and have yet to see a wrench light. what gives?
Couldn't say for sure. It seems like the functionality of these lights are buggy. Some people never get the light, some people get it every 10K, some only get it once at the first 10K.

I remember reading somewhere that the maintenance reminder light was "fixed" or changed after some point. No idea if the source was credible or not.

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #7
the light came on for me recently, and i just had to depress the brake and gas with power to accessories for about 30 seconds and it was fine, i did not have to uninstall/reinstall the AP
Are you on a Cobb OTS map? Also, what year is your car?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Cobb ap3 with a Stratified tune you need to do the same thing also to turn the light off.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Sorry for the bump but I got this stupid thing today and I tried the gas/brake pedal down and it didn't work but I did not uninstall my AP to do it, will report back after I do that and try it again

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Update: first off BIG thanks to [MENTION=4465]Muldoon[/MENTION] for posting propper steps, I first tried without uninstalling my AP and it did not work. Tried a couple more times and did not work, uninstalled the AP and tried and did not work, frustrated and about to give up, I tried the hold the brake and gas pedal down before hitting the ignition button and it WORKED! to each Each their own but that's what worked for me. Once again, Ty OP

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine is a 15...there are slight weird differences between years I've noticed....but that is the only way to reset the service light/wrench light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It must be a model year thing, mines a 16 and I did not uninstall the AP to reset it

OP
Muldoon
Thread Starter #16
The oil light in general is dependent on manufacture date it seems. Some people never get the light, some only get it once after the first 10k, and some people are seeing it every 10k. Weird. However, it does seem like most of us that need to uninstall the AP are 2015.

The oil light in general is dependent on manufacture date it seems. Some people never get the light, some only get it once after the first 10k, and some people are seeing it every 10k. Weird. However, it does seem like most of us that need to uninstall the AP are 2015.
Yeah, I've got a 2015 with 113k on the clock and I've never seen it once. My previous car was a 2014 Fiesta SE with a 5-speed, and not only did I never see the oil light, the shift light never came on either.

I have a 2016 and none of the aforementioned procedures worked for me, so I tried resetting the oil life via the AP, and that turned my wrench light off. Eh, go figure.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a 2016 and none of the aforementioned procedures worked for me, so I tried resetting the oil life via the AP, and that turned my wrench light off. Eh, go figure.
Yeah....Cobb put that in an update a while back. So much easier to deal with.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Last edited: