Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

north texas ST's talimena scenic drive trip.

DaveG99

north texas ST's talimena scenic drive Cruise

The North Texas ST group is doing a mountain road cruise through the Ouachita mountains. Come and join us.

We will meet at the sonic in Denison (also a gas station next door) at 8:00 am saturday morning. We need to be on the road by 8:30ish. Need to fuel up here because it's the last stop for 93 octane until we get to Arkansas. Oklahoma doesn't sell 93. We will be driving to Honobia OK and up the Indian hwy to Talihena OK. The Indian hwy is a good warm up for the twisties. Once we get to Talihena we will have lunch at Pams hatefull hussy diner and then we will drive across the Talimena scenic byway to Mena AR. It's a 60 mile drive on top of the mountains with lots of fun twisty roads. There are many pull off points we will be stopping at for photo oportunities. These mountains are the tallest point in between the Appalachians and the Rockies. Once in Mena AR we fill up our cars with 93 octane and head back across the talimena scenic byway and head up to Poteau Oklahoma and get a hotel there. Depending on how many people we have we can maybe get a group rate. Hotels are pretty cheap up there anyway . Once i get an idea of the size of the group ill try and get a group rate. On Sunday we get up and have breakfast and then head out for a few more hours of some mountain driving. We will take 259 south down into broken bow OK. And from there head back to DFW. We should be able to make it back home well before dark on Sunday.

And if you don't want to stay the night you can head back home Saturday evening.

I will be purchasing a walkie talkie. I suggest you get one so that the group can stay in contact constantly while driving.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

https://www.facebook.com/events/591710154338355/