Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14 FOST to 16 FIST

coastie_st

Good morning all,

I recently made the change from a 14 Focus ST to a 16 Fiesta ST. When I went to make the change I was actually going to look at a 15-16 GTI 6spd. After some crappy service from a local VW dealership, I went to a Ford dealership that had a used 15 GTI in the color I wanted with only 10K miles. After test driving the car I was really disappointed via the clutch feel on the GTI I drove compared to a new one. Before leaving the dealership I noticed they had two FIST's on the lot. A white one and a black one. I took one for a test drive and was instantly in love with the car. It doesn't have the power that the FOST or GTI had but I didn't care. The experience was fantastic, the handling, the feeling of being able to push the car in corners though at the same time not putting myself into a dangerous situation. The FIST had more personality to me than my FOST which was one of my bigger issues with the car. I had no personal attachment to the FOST, and before I even took my new FIST home I was already enjoying the thought of keeping this car till the wheels fall off and then rebuild it from there. I ended up with the platinum white over the shadow black, I am a sucker for the metallic flake.

I have already added a custom cat back exhaust, and ordered a Mountune RMM. I am struggling with the idea of tuning the car though because unlike the FOST where I wanted the extra power the FIST seems really well balanced and I am not sure that the extra power is really necessary. Only other mod that I can see myself picking up is a intercooler just for keeping temps down, other than that this thing is one amazing package.

I am currently stationed in Boston MA and I will be making the trip to my new duty station in Seattle this summer. I am looking forward to finding some interesting back roads out there and meeting the local autoX chapter.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard, also thank you for your service.

tojo

Welcome! Its a small car with a big personality!

OP
C

coastie_st

Thread Starter #4
The trunk/hatch area is smaller but coming from an ST2 and having the same Recaro seats now I feel like I had a lot more room with my arms up front. Which is probably due to the placement of the shifter and arm rest in the FIST over the FOST but it is a lot nicer for me. On my FOST I would feel like I would have to elbow my ribs in order to shift into second, due to hitting the arm rest. The personality that this car has is fantastic, this is the first car I have owned that I feel like I am doing something wrong if I am sitting at home instead of driving it. I have own a lot of VW's before including a 01 Jetta GLS 1.8T that I build up a bit, an 06 GLI, and an 08 R32. They were all solid cars but I never felt the need to keep driving.

The FiST is definitely a tighter car overall, both in feel and handling, than the FoST. My '16 at stage 2 has nowhere near the power my '14 FoST had at stage 3, but it puts a lot more grins on my face just commuting to work every day.

Congrats! There seem to be a good number of enthusiasts that switch from the Focus to Fiesta ST once they realize how much fun it really is.

Enjoy :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Welcome Aboard.

Dave