Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler $329.95 Shipped

Trader history for Depo Racing (0)

FistSt215

Thanks for the link bud I bookmarked it lol. Did you use a jack/jack stands ? I'm thinking about buying some rhino ramps for the installed .

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
So is replacement possible without taking off the bumper cover? It seems like the space is there from underneath but has anyone actually tried?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the link bud I bookmarked it lol. Did you use a jack/jack stands ? I'm thinking about buying some rhino ramps for the installed .

Jack stands are always a good safety call , anytime you get under your car. It's really easy. Just have a couple beers and take your time :)

kmart914

I actually took it for a drive just now, the temps do start climbing at slow roll/idle and it takes a tiny bit for it to start shedding heat, the stock cooler was really good at shedding heat once the car started rolling. This is a much bigger unit, I also did not leak down test this cooler before install[paranoid]. Also my estimated Tq was at 230, usually it's around 250. I am using the strat tune that's for my stage one parts , now I'm stage 3 so to speak.

Also I really don't know what my comparison numbers should be, maybe someone can chime in? Don't want to mislead anyone
I honestly wouldn't worry about the numbers much until you are tuned for it.

FistSt215

Almost got all he tools to this thing just can't find a panel popper anywhere . Is there another tool like a flat head ?

V_2

I've always used a flathead and patience/effort. But the proper tool definitely makes the job easier!

Just keep some extra fasteners handy in various sizes. The older your car gets and the more you work on it, the more likely they are to break. You can get them very cheap on ebay.

FistSt215

Ok sounds good . I stop by Home Depot and look for one . I know they sell the panel popper on line but I rather get it in the store .

Got mine unboxed, packed pretty good, looks pretty good. Hopefully will be able to start the install in a few hrs.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Here is one of the best video to explain how to remove the bumper. For teh fender bolts use long woobly extension and a universal joint or a flexible extension(my preference)

[video=youtube;igBp0_vTuMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igBp0_vTuMo[/video]

Got her installed, went to stage 2 OTS maps, when getting on it and moving it was between 3 and 5 degrees above ambient, and it got up to 14 degrees above ambient while just sitting in traffic.

FistSt215

Got her installed, went to stage 2 OTS maps, when getting on it and moving it was between 3 and 5 degrees above ambient, and it got up to 14 degrees above ambient while just sitting in traffic.
How long did it take you? I'm gonna tackle mine on Tuesday morning .

How long did it take you? I'm gonna tackle mine on Tuesday morning .
Like 2 hours, but it was my first time removing the bumper. It honestly isn't too bad. I was really taking my time. Also, the intercooler fits right in, very nicely with no issues. Superb job Depo Racing!

FistSt215

Like 2 hours, but it was my first time removing the bumper. It honestly isn't too bad. I was really taking my time. Also, the intercooler fits right in, very nicely with no issues. Superb job Depo Racing!
Same here man never did it. Wanted to wait for the their charge pipes but I'm too anxious and I wanted do the installed when I'm off. 2hrs is not bad at all.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
It's really not that hard if you have all the tools needed for the job, my numbers are also similar, takes a bit to shed heat.

FistSt215

I have all the tools to do it besides the panel popper. Might just use a big flathead . Need to go out and get some rhino ramps tomorrow .

I have all the tools to do it besides the panel popper. Might just use a big flathead . Need to go out and get some rhino ramps tomorrow .
I would recommend the panel tool. Those little plastic fasteners are easy to break with the wrong tool, in my opinion.

I got one at auto zone for less than $10. Might as well get it now especially if you're going to be taking off the bumper again to install charge pipes.

Just sayin...

FistSt215

I would recommend the panel tool. Those little plastic fasteners are easy to break with the wrong tool, in my opinion.

I got one at auto zone for less than $10. Might as well get it now especially if you're going to be taking off the bumper again to install charge pipes.

Just sayin...
I will look when I get the rhino ramps . Thanks for the suggestions . Another member suggest grabbing some extra fasteners off eBay just incase . I assume they're one size fits all. Yea I don't want take my bumper off again but I can't wait anymore as everyone getting their and installing the same day . I'm itching to do it lol

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
waiting to see some data logs for this intercooler. i think its an awesome design (bar and plate) for the money. if i didnt just buy a used DHM race intercooler and crash beam i wouldve got this.