Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler $329.95 Shipped

Trader history for Depo Racing (0)

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
What did u do with your 2J intercooler? Or did the pipes not hold it anymore:).
It's still on the car. It doesn't do a very good job of keeping my cyborg charge temps cool. I'm seeing upwards of +20 charge air temps with the 2J intercooler. I'm sure on a stock turbo it would be just fine.

Sorry you had a bad experience with 2J, and sorry I was a dick to you. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Water under the bridge man

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
It's still on the car. It doesn't do a very good job of keeping my cyborg charge temps cool. I'm seeing upwards of +20 charge air temps with the 2J intercooler. I'm sure on a stock turbo it would be just fine.

Sorry you had a bad experience with 2J, and sorry I was a dick to you. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Water under the bridge man
Haha yeah you were a DICK to me and a few others that had a shit experience with 2J but you never told anyone that your charge pipes were the only thing holding your 2J IC on, but let's move forward. I myself don't know what numbers are good for a decent Cooler etc. I drove my car on stage 3 Cobb ots-3 and it's fucking garbage-.- went back to the strat v-1 which is miles ahead of Cobb ots-1 but the up shifts on the strat v-1 sucks D.

So far loving the cooler , just not sure about numbers but it's also a scorcher here on the Bestcoast

FistSt215

I'm not sure what are good numbers either but I'm prob sure the Depo IC is way better than stock IC lol. Gonna do the installed tomorrow and supply pics during the installed . Do this bright early got some small earrings to run trip to the bank , get breakfast , stop by Walmart or pepboys to get some Ramps and the pesky panel popper tool .

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I'm not sure what are good numbers either but I'm prob sure the Depo IC is way better than stock IC lol. Gonna do the installed tomorrow and supply pics during the installed . Do this bright early got some small earrings to run trip to the bank , get breakfast , stop by Walmart or pepboys to get some Ramps and the pesky panel popper tool .
Haha you're a man on a mission! Running errands and installing car parts[thumb]
Any cooler is better than stock, this one is just nice and Shiny!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Haha yeah you were a DICK to me and a few others that had a shit experience with 2J but you never told anyone that your charge pipes were the only thing holding your 2J IC on, but let's move forward. I myself don't know what numbers are good for a decent Cooler etc. I drove my car on stage 3 Cobb ots-3 and it's fucking garbage-.- went back to the strat v-1 which is miles ahead of Cobb ots-1 but the up shifts on the strat v-1 sucks D.

So far loving the cooler , just not sure about numbers but it's also a scorcher here on the Bestcoast
I would consider good charge air temps anywhere from 5-10 degrees above ambient. 10-15 is decent. Once you start getting close to and above 20 degrees, the intercooler isn't working good enough. To really see the data you will have to record a datalog (make sure you're recording charge air temp & intake temp) then open the file once it's on your computer or put it into v dyno and look at the charge air temp graph. The 2J intercooler was good for me until 5000 RPM's then it would skyrocket all the way to redline.

FistSt215

Haha you're a man on a mission! Running errands and installing car parts[thumb]
Any cooler is better than stock, this one is just nice and Shiny!
Hahaha yea man . A lot of people got them and installed that day or next. Mine is just sitting in the basement and driving me nuts . Sucks suppose to rain all week so I gotta pulled in half way in my small ass garage lol.

FistSt215

I would consider good charge air temps anywhere from 5-10 degrees above ambient. 10-15 is decent. Once you start getting close to and above 20 degrees, the intercooler isn't working good enough. To really see the data you will have to record a datalog (make sure you're recording charge air temp & intake temp) then open the file once it's on your computer or put it into v dyno and look at the charge air temp graph. The 2J intercooler was good for me until 5000 RPM's then it would skyrocket all the way to redline.
I would try to get a log once it's installed . Suppose to rain all week. I try to grab one sat or sun morning on the way to work. It's the best time to do one since there's no traffic on 95

Considering returning my 2J for this intercooler. Supposing the 2J fits on my car, which should function better?

FistSt215

Considering returning my 2J for this intercooler. Supposing the 2J fits on my car, which should function better?
We have several members with the Depo installed but not sure if anyone has datalog. I'm gonna installed my tomorrow morning and won't be able to do logs till this weekend . Depo can't beat the price and its direct fit identical to Cobb IC.

FistSt215

After 4-5 hrs me and buddy got the Depo IC in. Took us that long since we're newbs and had to go two separate time to get extensions and swivel. We also Mounted to low and upside down lol . But fitment is good and end up using the stock bolts that mounted the stock IC it just fit better . Fitment is great it is literally a plug and play direct fit good job Depo
Image1462303474.310630.jpg Image1462303487.830826.jpg Image1462303500.768743.jpg Image1462303516.719862.jpg Image1462303530.021937.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J2FoRS

After 4-5 hrs me and buddy got the Depo IC in. Took us that long since we're newbs and had to go two separate time to get extensions and swivel. We also Mounted to low and upside down lol . But fitment is good and end up using the stock bolts that mounted the stock IC it just fit better . Fitment is great it is literally a plug and play direct fit good job Depo
Is that pic with the IC installed but bumper off when you had installed it upside down? Or that's the correct way now? It's funny because it looks upside in that one but I only have the Cobb to compare to which obviously mounts the other way up. They look similar in design but are "upside down" of each other and the Cobb sits higher vs your pic.

FistSt215

Is that pic with the IC installed but bumper off when you had installed it upside down? Or that's the correct way now? It's funny because it looks upside in that one but I only have the Cobb to compare to which obviously mounts the other way up. They look similar in design but are "upside down" of each other and the Cobb sits higher vs your pic.
Hahaha yea in that pic it was upside down . When I try to put the lower air damp skirt back it wasn't lining up right and that's when we knew it was mounted on the wrong bracket and also notice it was upside down to lol. We look at the Cobb installed video which was very helpful btw . We notice it was mounted higher up with no gap. Once we figure that out it was a solid fit . Putting back the bumper was easier than taking it off well at least that we thought it was .

J2FoRS

Hahaha yea in that pic it was upside down . When I try to put the lower air damp skirt back it wasn't lining up right and that's when we knew it was mounted on the wrong bracket and also notice it was upside down to lol. We look at the Cobb installed video which was very helpful btw . We notice it was mounted higher up with no gap. Once we figure that out it was a solid fit . Putting back the bumper was easier than taking it off well at least that we thought it was .
Haha good to know my eyes are still sharp and weren't deceiving me. It is the same design then lol. Looks good bud glad you got it on there in the end and direct fit[clap]

FistSt215

Haha good to know my eyes are still sharp and weren't deceiving me. It is the same design then lol. Looks good bud glad you got it on there in the end and direct fit[clap]
Yea it was pretty easy besides the last step the 3 bolts inside where the headlights sit was pain in the ass . Plus I didn't have a long enough to extension and swivel piece I bought help. Made 2 different runs to pep boys and Home Depot . If you have all the right tools this can be done within 2hours .

FistSt215

First pic is normal driving and second pic got on highway briefly in 3rd gear and had to at 5k rpm do to traffic Image1462370127.740810.jpg Image1462370144.257962.jpg

FistSt215

About 53 to 54 degrees outside this morning . I try to get some better logs on the weekend when this rain stops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait is that really reading charge temps +30 degrees over ambient or am I looking at this wrong? 51 F ->84 F

V_2

Wait is that really reading charge temps +30 degrees over ambient or am I looking at this wrong? 51 F ->84 F
Intake temp vs charge temp at the same point in time is what you will need to look at in order to get an accurate metric of how efficient the intercooler is. Ambient temp isn't always an accurate data point due to heat soak.