Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW: MeisterR Coilovers for Fiesta ST, $995 Delivered

Trader history for MeisterR (0)

I love these.. a few questions:

Where will these ship out of? If I order a set how long would I expect to see delivery in Minnesota?
Is there a planned date for the anti-rust coating to be available? As a Minnesota resident, I'm very interested in anything to prolong the life.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just buy this shit....work's great...it's a lanolin based rust inhibitor

When winter comes....get like 3 or 4 cans. Spray everything down underneath where salt will most likely gather....it won't wash off easily ...I think LPS 2 is another rust inhibitor ...my work uses it also.

Light that wrangler on fire while you're at at...haha kidding...kidding...I hope it doesn't have the minivan engine in it though....[scratch]

Just buy this shit....work's great...it's a lanolin based rust inhibitor

When winter comes....get like 3 or 4 cans. Spray everything down underneath where salt will most likely gather....it won't wash off easily ...I think LPS 2 is another rust inhibitor ...my work uses it also.

Light that wrangler on fire while you're at at...haha kidding...kidding...I hope it doesn't have the minivan engine in it though....[scratch]
Depends on which engine is the minivan engine, I have the pentastar in mine though. It's actually going up for sale this week. Bought the FiST in favor of it for now and will probably pick up a TJ soon. I'll definitely pick up some of that stuff though thanks for the tip :)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The anemic 3.8....God that engine was a piece of shit in the wrangler....I would've rather gad the 2.4 or the 2.5l instead....at least you could stand in the engine bay when you were fixing it.

The anemic 3.8....God that engine was a piece of shit in the wrangler....I would've rather gad the 2.4 or the 2.5l instead....at least you could stand in the engine bay when you were fixing it.
Yeah that 3.8L is garbage... the pentastar was the 3.6L they replaced it with, 285 / 260. Although my old TJ's engine was the 4.0L straight six and that couldn't get out of it's own way on the highway.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #47
I love these.. a few questions:

Where will these ship out of? If I order a set how long would I expect to see delivery in Minnesota?
Is there a planned date for the anti-rust coating to be available? As a Minnesota resident, I'm very interested in anything to prolong the life.
We have these in stock, so they will be send out via UPS ground as soon as order is received.
We are sourcing a US distributor for our ARC, if not then we will need to get some ship in from UK.
So I can't give an ETA at the moment as i aren't sure how we will do this yet.

White lithium grease is the traditional coating if you got nothing else. :)
But any barrier is just extra protection that will help.

Jerrick

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #49
Great! One other question, how long is that price going to be around? :)
For the moment, as we are just starting, I will keep at this price and monitor how things are going.
So for now, I don't have a deadline date on them.

Should I decide to change the offer, I will give plenty of advance notice.
Anyone who are interested just drop me a PM, I will make sure you won't loose out. :)

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Will the individual parts be available to customers who prefer to rebuild them ourselves?

For the moment, as we are just starting, I will keep at this price and monitor how things are going.
So for now, I don't have a deadline date on them.

Should I decide to change the offer, I will give plenty of advance notice.
Anyone who are interested just drop me a PM, I will make sure you won't loose out. :)
Thanks for the update, just ordered and can't wait for them to arrive :)

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #52
Will the individual parts be available to customers who prefer to rebuild them ourselves?
If you are talking about offering individual parts such as seal, glide rings, etc.
That isn't something we are doing at the moment.
We may do so in the future, but for now it will be $150 for a replacement damper unit.
So you won't even need to worry about the condition of your damper rod, as $150 but you a complete new unit.

As for other parts such as spherical bearing top mount, collars, springs, brackets, bump stops, etc.
All those parts will be available individually should you prefer to refresh the coilovers in the future.

Jerrick

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's perfect.

You know, you were right when you posted in my thread to buy right, buy once. I regret not heading ur advice. The setup I went with is too dam floaty for my driving style. Not bad, just not what I want.

So I'm comparing ur setup to BC Racing, the only other coil I know of in this price range that makes parts available. I'm glad to hear you do. Now the only thing BC has on you is the swift spring option. From VW to Mazda to this forum, people go gaga for them so I'm very curious. Would you ever consider offering a swift spring option?

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #54
That's perfect.

You know, you were right when you posted in my thread to buy right, buy once. I regret not heading ur advice. The setup I went with is too dam floaty for my driving style. Not bad, just not what I want.

So I'm comparing ur setup to BC Racing, the only other coil I know of in this price range that makes parts available. I'm glad to hear you do. Now the only thing BC has on you is the swift spring option. From VW to Mazda to this forum, people go gaga for them so I'm very curious. Would you ever consider offering a swift spring option?
Swift are great springs.
We have a very long established relationship with Eibach in the UK, we even can request custom coiled triple progressive rate springs from them for some special project in the past.
At this moment in time, we are deciding how we want to go about it, as Eibach is our first choice but Swift are also readily available in the USA.

The only thing that is stopping me from offering a "spring" upgrade is basically value for money.
Swift are great, and I am sure there are some improvement.
But in the grand scheme of things, having a swift springs doesn't change the vehicle dynamic dramatically.
However, having an improved damper do change vehicle dynamic dramatically for the better.

So if someone is looking to spend money for an additional upgrade, I would rather steer them to our custom build GT1 coilovers than a springs upgrade.
Because I know they get a much better quality product in the end, with much better performance result both for road and track use.

Of course, GT1 with Swift / Eibach would be better, but you are now way past the $2000 mark.

So we can offer swift, it isn't rocket science to open up an account with them.
The question right now is what provide better value for the customer, and is it "worth" the upgrade.

Jerrick

All you need change springs out is basically the demensions of the springs itself. Than you can ordered swift or Eibach in the spring rate you want. Back when I worked for a BMW race shop we had 2.5 inch springs from swift, Eibach, and a few other brands we tested on different shock packages. Long as the shock is setup for that rate, you can run different brands. Each brand has their up and down sides. Swift will gladly sell you a set of springs in the rates and sizes you need. Ordered my set of coilovers and excited to get them on so I can start working on a setup.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've been busy scouring the web for reviews. I've found threads from the UK to the US going back as far as 2009. Usually there's at least one customer who needs to vent but nothing. I haven't found a really bad review yet except for a mention of your coils rusting to shit waaaay back but you clearly have addressed that. So I'm feeling much more comfortable but not quite ready to purchase. Just a few (a bunch) more questions/concerns. [MENTION=2925]Rhinopolis[/MENTION] I hope you can chime in here :)

You said you partner with Eibach and not Swift. Is the ZetaCRD+ for our cars equipped with Eibachs or is that an additional cost option?

Do you have any idea what it would entail to adjust the rear shocks? Are adjuster extenders included?

Do these arrive ready to install or will i have to set pre-loads, torque the top mounts to the damper, set the heights to match, etc...?

What is the camber/caster set to from the factory? I'd really like to get away with not cutting the shock towers!

I blew out the BC rear shocks on my wife's van because i set them waaay to tight. I had no idea it being the first coilover i've ever owned with the option of setting pre-load front and rear. I think i got it right now but how elaborate are the instructions that come with your kit? BCs install instructions were abysmal.

And finally, since you are offering a 20% discount on the CRDs, how about the same discount extend to the GT1?

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #57
I've been busy scouring the web for reviews. I've found threads from the UK to the US going back as far as 2009. Usually there's at least one customer who needs to vent but nothing. I haven't found a really bad review yet except for a mention of your coils rusting to shit waaaay back but you clearly have addressed that. So I'm feeling much more comfortable but not quite ready to purchase. Just a few (a bunch) more questions/concerns. [MENTION=2925]Rhinopolis[/MENTION] I hope you can chime in here :)

You said you partner with Eibach and not Swift. Is the ZetaCRD+ for our cars equipped with Eibachs or is that an additional cost option?

Do you have any idea what it would entail to adjust the rear shocks? Are adjuster extenders included?

Do these arrive ready to install or will i have to set pre-loads, torque the top mounts to the damper, set the heights to match, etc...?

What is the camber/caster set to from the factory? I'd really like to get away with not cutting the shock towers!

I blew out the BC rear shocks on my wife's van because i set them waaay to tight. I had no idea it being the first coilover i've ever owned with the option of setting pre-load front and rear. I think i got it right now but how elaborate are the instructions that come with your kit? BCs install instructions were abysmal.

And finally, since you are offering a 20% discount on the CRDs, how about the same discount extend to the GT1?
Our coilovers are not equipped with Eibach ERS springs.
It would be an additional upgrade much like Swift springs for BC.

The rear shock have an "adjustment wheel" under the top mount in the rear damper.
Hard to reach, but you can reach it to make the rear damping adjustment.
The reason adjust isn't at the top is because the top mount is completely seal off, so any other location would mean you need to drill into the metal of the car to feed a cable through, not something many would like to do.

They are out of the box ready to install, some minor adjustments to the ride height to suit personal preference may be needed.
But Rhinopolis installed the kit on the car as it is out of the box.

As far as I know, you can get away with about -2.0 degrees of camber without cutting the strut top.
There is a little adjustments you can have, not a whole lot but you got to work with what you got.

You get English instruction, if not you can always ask me... that is why we are here.
pre-load are set in the front, and inboard springs in the rear do not have pre-load setting.
Basically install the kit as it is out of the box, it will work. :)

As for the GT1, we are still in the middle of porting the operation over from the UK to the USA.
The initial idea is to offer a discount, with the exchange rate the retail price would be around $2350, and I want to offer them at $1995 initially and stay under that magical $2000 mark.

Jerrick

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The rear shock have an "adjustment wheel" under the top mount in the rear damper.
Hard to reach, but you can reach it to make the rear damping adjustment.
The reason adjust isn't at the top is because the top mount is completely seal off, so any other location would mean you need to drill into the metal of the car to feed a cable through, not something many would like to do.

pre-load are set in the front, and inboard springs in the rear do not have pre-load setting.
Basically install the kit as it is out of the box, it will work. :)

Jerrick
Thanks for the quick response!

If i understand you correctly, the rear adjuster is accessible by removing the rear wheel and reaching UP to the shock mount? Meaning i would have get my car in the air each time i want to change the rear dampening.

The shock body is threaded so inherently, changing the overall length of the shock would determine the amount the rear spring is pre-loaded, no?

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #59
Thanks for the quick response!

If i understand you correctly, the rear adjuster is accessible by removing the rear wheel and reaching UP to the shock mount? Meaning i would have get my car in the air each time i want to change the rear dampening.

The shock body is threaded so inherently, changing the overall length of the shock would determine the amount the rear spring is pre-loaded, no?
You can get to that adjuster wheel if you lay on the ground and reach up behind the wheel.
A bit tight, and you want to be careful of the exhaust... but you can "reach" it without removing the wheel... but might be tight.
If you can't reach the adjuster, just jacking the car up and you can access the adjuster through the wheel gap.
The wheel do not need to come off either way.

The shock body are threaded, but as the springs are not on the unit, you cannot "pre-load" the springs.
Because you cannot load the springs before the weight of the car is on the springs.

Changing the length of the rear damper will adjust the ratio of the compression and rebound travel.
So for example, if you are bottoming out on the rear, you can shorten the damper so you get more compression travel.

Jerrick

Rhinopolis

You can definitely adjust the rear dampening w/out having to get the car off the ground, and it take just takes a little finesse.