Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW: MeisterR Coilovers for Fiesta ST, $995 Delivered

Trader history for MeisterR (0)

Haha of course I would want to know that since I don't really want it much lower than stock, just a better ride. But if that height is similar to the settled height then that's perfect a bit lower but not slammed.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it in this thread or another one, but what damper settings have you settled on and how does it feel?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I remembered today! And it doesn't look like they settled at all to my eye.

So from full stiff, I started out at - 10/-12. Very comfy and sporty. As I gained confidence in the setup and started driving harder, it turned out to be a bit too floaty. So went to - 9/-11 and while it tightened up it still wasn't enough. I'm at - 8/-10 now and it's dam good. If my roads were better I'd go one more click all around. But I know I'd hate living with it daily at that setting.

A great thing about this setup is that every click along the way I felt a noticeable difference. On the BCs on our minivan, it takes two clicks to really get a worthwhile difference. Buy the MRs dude. You won't regret it.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #103
Alright everyone, I know I have been quiet for a while but we got some confirm news now.
Fiesta ST coilovers will be due in around 2nd week of September, so about a months out.

Just keeping you guys up to date, should have plenty of stock for everyone this time around. :)

Jerrick

Alright everyone, I know I have been quiet for a while but we got some confirm news now.
Fiesta ST coilovers will be due in around 2nd week of September, so about a months out.

Just keeping you guys up to date, should have plenty of stock for everyone this time around. :)

Jerrick
Can we still get these shipped in from the UK if we don't want to wait?

I'm kind of hoping my order of the Bilstein coilovers through modbargains falls through now...after looking at these more I'd prefer them despite the higher price. Hopefully they will have problems with this order like every. other. order.

I don't know if someone already asked this but... Why are there two different websites? meisterR and meisterrcoilovers?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is actually not a track coil, but a custom build unit.
This GT1 uses all of our latest technology, including CNC piston and CNC seals, all assembled in house in our UK or USA workshop.
All the internal parts are manufactured in house at our UK workshop.

As far as those dust cover, those printed one are design for GT1 only.
We have blank one, but they aren't cheap (I think the are about Β£100 for the 4, but I need to check).
The reason they aren't cheap is because they aren't just cheap moulded parts, but actually impact resisted custom moulded cover that are design to withstand abuse.
That part came out of Black Art Design rally program, and they are design to protect the piston shaft to prolong damper service life.

They are twice the price at $1995, but they are worth every penny.
They also come with a lifetime warranty the long as the damper isn't physically damage.
As our CNC seals are design to not wear and not fail, unless something physically damage the seal it will literally work forever.

As they are custom build, we can actually spec the suspension to anything we like.
Rather it be a Roll Royce or a Race car on slicks, we have the ability to bespoke valve a dampers to suit the specific requirement.
I say the GT1 is like a ZetaCRD, except better at everything.
They are more comfortable, more responsive, more consistent, more durable... there are no drawback to the GT1, and that is what make it a "better" suspension.
We created the GT1 to compete with the likes of Ohlins DFV, it is a high par to aim but it seems I am giving them a pretty good fight.

Best Regards,

Jerrick

Can these GT1s be valved to ANY (higher) spring rate range?

Can they also be made to be independently rebound and compression adjustable, or is that just not possible, and/or not 'in the works' for our app??

Any plans for remote reservoir dampers for our app in the future?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just buy this shit....work's great...it's a lanolin based rust inhibitor

When winter comes....get like 3 or 4 cans. Spray everything down underneath where salt will most likely gather....it won't wash off easily ...I think LPS 2 is another rust inhibitor ...my work uses it also.
The Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal protector is another one which lasts a long time, and protects, but it does have a funky, lingering odor to it, and a 'yellowing' effect that might put some off.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #111
I don't know if someone already asked this but... Why are there two different websites? meisterR and meisterrcoilovers?
meisterrcoilovers.com is just a temp webshop I setup when we first started before www.meisterr.com was ready.
Now that www.meisterr.com started, I will slowly phase out the temp webshop once I get use to the new site operation.
But ordering from either do not matter, the order comes to us either way.

Can these GT1s be valved to ANY (higher) spring rate range?

Can they also be made to be independently rebound and compression adjustable, or is that just not possible, and/or not 'in the works' for our app??

Any plans for remote reservoir dampers for our app in the future?
The GT1 can be valved for almost any springs rate for any application.
We can valved the damper up to 18kg/mm (higher if we need to).
And we can valved the damper specifically for race use with aero if necessary.

The GT1 is a custom system, specification can be adjusted according to customer's need.
As the name imply, it is a 1-way adjustable coilovers and designed as such.
Once you get into separate adjustment, we go straight to a 3-way because anything in between isn't really value for money.

As for a remote reservoir version, which we code name the GT3, will eventually come.
We already have a 3-way reservoir that have been used for years, we just need to adapt it into our modular GT1 system.
But these are more race use item, and honestly will compete in the arena of the like of AST / JRZ / Moton / etc 3-way adjustable system.
Price wise will be a lot more affordable, but don't expect much change from $4500 I would say at least.

Jerrick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The GT1 is a custom system, specification can be adjusted according to customer's need.
As the name imply, it is a 1-way adjustable coilovers and designed as such.
Once you get into separate adjustment, we go straight to a 3-way because anything in between isn't really value for money.
OK, but is it a one way only rebound adjustment, or is it one way, BOTH rebound AND compression adjustment simultaneously like all of the other product out there??

Will those 3 way, independently adjustable setups (without co$tly remote reservoirs) ever be available for our platform, or is that (remote reservoirs) the ONLY way you make/offer them?

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #113
OK, but is it a one way only rebound adjustment, or is it one way, BOTH rebound AND compression adjustment simultaneously like all of the other product out there??

Will those 3 way, independently adjustable setups (without co$tly remote reservoirs) ever be available for our platform, or is that (remote reservoirs) the ONLY way you make/offer them?
The entire CRD (Close Ratio Damping) is based around a compression and rebound combined damping adjustment.
That is the ONLY real way to have a good fast road as well as a good track use suspension system, as other wise your compression to rebound ratio will always be off on one end or the other of the adjustments.
That is why there is no need for a 2-way adjustable, because in the end you can only run a limited ratio; and 2-way do not offer the high speed blow off that you WANT as in a 3-way system.

There is no point to not have a remote reservoir, because if you are ever going to need a 3-way, it will be for a race car.
And if you have a race car, you want those adjustments
Unless you are racing with class regulation that you have to conform to, otherwise remote reservoir every time.

For fast road / occasional track car, i can almost guarantee that a good 1-way system will out perform most off the shelf 2-way system.
Especially when most of the time, manufacturer those 2-way system give "ZERO" support to the owners; so in reality they are tuning "blind" (I am looking at you KW). :D

Having more adjustment isn't better performance, just as having a stiffer suspension doesn't offer better performance.
Vehicle dynamics is a set of compromise and work as a complete package.
i see more people struggle with adjustment because frankly, unless you have all the data in your hand, you don't know what you are adjusting (that include me too).
Feeling don't tell you much, because everyone can feel different. But numbers do not change, so the only real way to know what is happing is by calculating the result.

When I am on track side and people ask me for help, I always ask if they have data or know what the damper is valved for.
Most of them don't know, and I don't know, so you just end up turning a knob in hope for the best, because anyone guess is as good as mine at that moment in time.

Jerrick

Siestarider

Having learned far more than I previously wanted to know about dampers, Jerrick is being straight about them. I am going to have mine run on a shock dyno before mounting so I will know more about their behavior and what to expect from tuning them. I want more than "turn a knob and hope for the best".

meisterrcoilovers.com is just a temp webshop I setup when we first started before www.meisterr.com was ready.
Now that www.meisterr.com started, I will slowly phase out the temp webshop once I get use to the new site operation.
But ordering from either do not matter, the order comes to us either way.

Jerrick
Cool, I just ordered mine :D

Had mine fitted this morning as I live in Maine and we are in prime driving season now and the shipping was reasonable ($100 shipped Friday, delivered Monday).

Just spooling around, all I can say is wow - they work great. I had stuck with the oem suspension for a year (bought the car on 1/31/14), then switched to Cobb springs, then added the Koni Str-t's trying to manage the more than occasionally horrific roads around here. But I really missed the planted feeling the car came with (but not the jolts over every expansion joint, pothole or bridge work, e.g., 495 through Lowell, MA).

Having payed attention to this thread (and the related build threads, and all the reviews from the UK) I decided to jump.

It's really hard to explain, but the car rolls over road imperfections so much better than before, almost as if the stiffness allows it not to bounce and crash, while the front end feels very planted. The steering is a little bit heavier, in a good way, and with significantly better road feel and control. The only thing I sort of miss is the easy throttle lift oversteer, which had become a bit of a parlor trick. Now the car goes around the same corners faster as if on rails.

My significant other noticed the difference right away (I aimed for every rough patch and manhole cover) and is quite pleased.

Following what others have done, I started with -9 (from full hard) front, and -11 rear. I'll get an alignment in a week, but the car feels spot on as is. And a huge thanks to Jerrick who answered the phone right away while we were doing the install. Best customer service I've ever had.

OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Vendor
Thread Starter #119
Glad to hear you are enjoying the coilovers.
If you want to have lift off over steering, just put the rear damping to stiffer.

That stiffer rear damping will reduce grip making the rear more "lively"
Damping is the "correct" way for a FWD car to dial out understeer, and it is why we have adjustment available for you to adjust the car to your preference. :)

Any questions, just let us know.
It is why we are here.

Jerrick