Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS short shift and solid bushings review

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes...you are not the only one with this issue. I have encountered it sometimes also. If anyone has a fix I'd be curious to know.

Found it. Search "Gearshift cable adjustment" in the forums here. There's a good video on page 4. It's a pretty easy procedure. Rip out all the stuff like you were installing bushings so you have access to the clutch cable connection at the tranny. Put the shifter in 4th, pop the clutch cable connection head off the ball and loosen the yellow clip on the neck. Be very careful not to break it. When the head moves freely pop it back on the knob and then lock the clip. Done.

I tore everything out and put it back in, then did the adjustment. Everything's cool now. Must have been user error on initial install. I'm thinking maybe the plate was off somehow, like maybe one of the bottom bushings wasn't seated right or something. I dunno.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I ran the shifter/trans., bushings and short shifter for 50 thousand miles on my first FiST. Really I couldn't tell any difference with the solid bushings. But the shorter shift reduction is sweet !

25% is too much IMO. the shift is almost nothing. I don't even want to know what the 30% mountune one feels like. 15% for me is perfect. Car feels much better now. I don't get that weird 1-2 click.

Loving the 25. It was a shock for the first day but now I'd happily go 30 or even more.

So I broke a piece of that yellow clip on the clutch cable off. It was so brittle I barely touched it and it bent and snapped. Everything still seems attached it was the very end of the clip on just one side do you think it will be okay?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk