Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sound symposer hose clamp

Does any body have any good ideas how to loosen/ remove the hose clamp so I can remove the symposer. I swear it's super glued or something. Even when I grip it and close the "tangs" I can not get it to move before the pliers slip off. I thought this would be the easiest mod but no chance.

I had the exact same issue yesterday. I was able to get some vice grips on the hose clamp and then work a flat blade screwdriver between the symposer and the clamp to loosen it.

Does any body have any good ideas how to loosen/ remove the hose clamp so I can remove the symposer. I swear it's super glued or something. Even when I grip it and close the "tangs" I can not get it to move before the pliers slip off. I thought this would be the easiest mod but no chance.
No, it's a bitch. It's simple work but it can be a tough go. Yes, it is literally super glued to the pipe.

It's easiest if you have hose clamp pliers that can lock the clamp in the open position. I used needle nose pliers on the clamp and pried the clamp away from the hose with a small flathead screwdriver (with my other hand).

OP
Turbo65
Thread Starter #5
No, it's a bitch. It's simple work but it can be a tough go. Yes, it is literally super glued to the pipe.

It's easiest if you have hose clamp pliers that can lock the clamp in the open position. I used needle nose pliers on the clamp and pried the clamp away from the hose with a small flathead screwdriver (with my other hand).
Thanks I will that a go tomorrow what a POS. It doesn't help that the clamp is towards the engine so I have twist the symposia with one hand just to get at the clamp.

Thanks I will that a go tomorrow what a POS. It doesn't help that the clamp is towards the engine so I have twist the symposia with one hand just to get at the clamp.
Ya I had the same issue. Ended up getting a buddy to hold the symposer in position so I could even get the damn thing off.

OP
Turbo65
Thread Starter #7
Ya I had the same issue. Ended up getting a buddy to hold the symposer in position so I could even get the damn thing off.
That's what me and my son did before I realized it was glued and I gave up and decided a cold Stella was a better idea

Total pain in the butt to remove those clamps. Not only are they glued to the hose, but they are not in the best location on the hose. I bought a set of long 45 degree needle nose pliers which barely opened far enough to get the clamps. I installed a plug in the lower opening and put it all back to retain the stock look. Once I had the hose completely off, I popped the clamps off the glue so I could reposition them for reinstall to make it easier. Good luck!

Knick

Yeah... I just love how easy they make the install videos look. "You just use some needle nose pliers, and it comes right off".
It took me over an hour to get those clamp off lol. It was such a great moment when I finally got it though!

Glad to hear I'm not just plain incompetent. Gave up after an hour. The location of mine makes getting any type of plier (plain, needle nose, bent needle nose, etc.) on it nearly impossible. Left most of my knuckle sin the engine compartment and the damn thing is still on.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Glad to hear I'm not just plain incompetent. Gave up after an hour. The location of mine makes getting any type of plier (plain, needle nose, bent needle nose, etc.) on it nearly impossible. Left most of my knuckle sin the engine compartment and the damn thing is still on.
Your best option in this case is to remove the entire cold side pipe along with the symposer attached and remove it outside of the car in comfort and space. In addition to limited working space the hose is glued on from the factory making the first time removing it difficult.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Your best option in this case is to remove the entire cold side pipe along with the symposer attached and remove it outside of the car in comfort and space. In addition to limited working space the hose is glued on from the factory making the first time removing it difficult.
This is exactly what I did a few days ago when I installed new silicone induction hoses. Was much easier to do and no knuckle scrapes. Wish I would have figured this out with my first FiST in 2014.

koozy

3000 Post Club
This is exactly what I did a few days ago when I installed new silicone induction hoses. Was much easier to do and no knuckle scrapes. Wish I would have figured this out with my first FiST in 2014.
Not worth the time, bleeding scrapes, and anguish. If it takes too long when it should be simple go with a new plan. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after reading a bunch and consulting some mechanics friends, I tried again. This time took all of 15 minutes. I removed the symposer cabin tube, and pulled the symposer off the motor. I then moved the symposer until I could access the top clamp. Using a pair of needle nose vice grips pliers, I opened the clamp. With a small screwdriver, I broke the glue holding the clamp to the hose. Then it was just a matter of wiggling.the clamp down out of the way.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk