Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified E85 Flash Tune Released

Trader history for Alex@Stratified (0)

Does this have some leway built into it regarding ethanol percent? Say we still have winter blend that's e70 or e78? Safe if we end up a few % above or below e30?

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #3
Does this have some leway built into it regarding ethanol percent? Say we still have winter blend that's e70 or e78? Safe if we end up a few % above or below e30?
Yes the fuel trims and octane adjust ratio is still active and that makes the tune adaptable. If you know your car and know what you expect form corrections and its behaviour you should not be caught by surprise.

me32

1000 Post Club
This should be very popular for all us in norcal. We have a good amount of E85 stations now.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there a possibility to have the E85 tune with the 91 and 93 octane tune together?

Is it normal that after submitting the e85 flash tune form it says thank you for purchasing focus St tune? Maybe site just not updated?

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #7
Is there a possibility to have the E85 tune with the 91 and 93 octane tune together?
Yes it is. If you want a combo tune, you purchase a pump gas tune, an E85 tune, and then for one of the tunes special accommodations. Then we build you a combo tune with pump and E85.

Is it normal that after submitting the e85 flash tune form it says thank you for purchasing focus St tune? Maybe site just not updated?
Oops, a type on our end. Fixing that. You are definitely getting a Fiesta ST tune.

What's the difference between adding 3 gallons of e85 to an empty tank vs say half tank and then filling the rest with premium? Wouldn't it achieve the same result for the first fill?

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #9
What's the difference between adding 3 gallons of e85 to an empty tank vs say half tank and then filling the rest with premium? Wouldn't it achieve the same result for the first fill?
Yes it would but only for the first fill.

Filled up with e30 blend today.....damn the car feels strong! Monitors are all looking good. Will have to check logs tonight.

Car pulls much harder in 3rd and 4th gear. 2nd could use more traction lol

Purchased this two days ago. Evaluating my thoughts and will come back with a full review with logs and vDyno charts. Car is riding MBT (Mean based torque, which is the maximum amount timing you can run in the engine without harming combustible efficiency) through the entire powerband and it is buttery smooth. I'm able to hit that MBT limit sooner and ride those tables now thanks to the ethanol blending and it can definitely be felt. It is very linear and it just keeps pulling. The 93 tune was pretty amazing, but this is like a better refinement of that.

I'm very eager to see what the data says.

How much should we pay attention to fuel trims? I noticed ltft seems to be creeping higher with each refuel. Does this mean my e % might be a little higher than e30?

Seems like idle is around 7 and light throttle varies between 4-5.

First tank they were less than 3.

Have been playing with this all weekend and I must say it definitely pulls more throughout the band. Also seems to be a lot easier to smoke the tires on initial take off. Pretty cool.

OP
Alex@Stratified
Thread Starter #14
How much should we pay attention to fuel trims? I noticed ltft seems to be creeping higher with each refuel. Does this mean my e % might be a little higher than e30?

Seems like idle is around 7 and light throttle varies between 4-5.

First tank they were less than 3.
They are well within spec. If they get above 10% the first place to look is the fuel mix.

Have been playing with this all weekend and I must say it definitely pulls more throughout the band. Also seems to be a lot easier to smoke the tires on initial take off. Pretty cool.
Glad you are enjoying it!

me32

1000 Post Club
So have gains been tested with stage 2 and stage 3 vs cobb. I see the graph stock vs cobb stage 1 vs stratified stage 1.