Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST conversion?

fiestampg

I currently own a 2011 Fiesta SES. Its a salvage title and never really finished the front end cosmetics but drive it daily. 151k miles. I live where theres no inspection or smog. My idea is to buy a semi wrecked ST and gut both cars (as much as needed) and swap all the ST parts to my chassis, cradle and all. I just want the performance out of it.

I'm a mechanic by trade so the work isnt a problem, hell i have a lift in my garage. What I'm wondering is, does anyone know if all the little mounting bits between the two chassis are similar, or so different that I'm asking for a real nightmare?

Zormecteon

It's my understanding that the unibody hasn't changed since the introduction of the MK 7 in 2008.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would imagine it will pretty much plug and play, as long as you swap all the wiring harnesses, the rest should bolt right up.

I would consider keeping the rear axle as it has better camber though it is a bit more flexible.

Likely you know this being a mechanic but watch out for any damage to the gear box or front of the engine which can lead to major issues sooner or later. Even a broken knuckle, etc, can mean the axle may of damaged the gear box but not able to tell from looking at it.

If you do this post up pics, will be interesting to watch the progress:)

--------------------

Going a different direction, if I rolled my car I would consider buying a Mazda 2 to swap to and make a real sleeper out of it except a bit of subtle aero and wide 15's as would have plenty of power.