Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DSport magazine

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Has a complete dissection and dissertation on the 1.6 Ecoboost. With a build in the future. They see the cast crank as a weakness. They mentioned the rods also saying the bolts were the smallest diameter they'd seen.

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Current one at newstand.

Obviously since its May 1, the current news stand issue with the 1.6 EcoBoost feature is the June 2016 issue...

It seems like they managed to make their ST not want to turn.

At least they are mentioning it.

KKaWing

Eibach tend to make their setups really safe (understeer-y). They have 25mm Tubular front and a 21mm solid rear bar. Looking at the other "full set" of sways from ST Suspension, they have 23.8mm (15/16") solid fronts and 22.2mm (7/8") solid rears.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
:heading over to bookstore now to read an issue:

I really love to see what they have to say about our motor, because I have from good resource that these suckers are pretty stout as everyone probably knows already [rockon]

OP
Quisp

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
They say 400hp limit. Do to open deck, Cast crank . Puny rod bolts

DHM found the limit of the piston skirt at 400+ whp, D Sport looked at the pistons and praised them.

I would have liked to see a comparison to a Honda B16 or whatever their recent 1.6 is.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
DHM found the limit of the piston skirt at 400+ whp, D Sport looked at the pistons and praised them.

I would have liked to see a comparison to a Honda B16 or whatever their recent 1.6 is.
They have a new 1.5L turbo in the new civic.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
The 1.6 EcoBoost isn't new. I doubt the new Civic turbo has been pushed as hard as the older 1.6 just because only Honda has the 1.5 so far.

Comparing against an unknown is a difficult way to draw good conclusions.
Was just trying to compare the closest thing Honda offers to our ecoboost engine :)

So you are wondering about the 1.6L.. Which one? The B16 has been around since 1989 and offered in many different outputs from 150hp to 185hp. Discontinued in early 2000's

D16 has been offered since 1986 and is not the most impressive engine..

The newest small engines they offer are the L15 (Honda fit) and the R18 (Honda civic 06-15) both are single cam Econo motors..

Sorry I'm a Honda junkie (or I was).. The b16 has been pushed way way further than our engine and is proven to be an all time great tuning engine. In stock form they are good for about 300ish hp. Also remember they are built for high revving NA power. You can completely rebuild the motor and have as much HP as you want.

It sounds like B16 is well known and a similar DOHC architecture.

If they were compared side by side it would be easier to draw conclusions.