Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LCA Options?

Yup!

I don't have the part number on hand unfortunately. The rear bushing can be used, its just the front ones that need to be swapped, with either an OEM or the powerflex ones.
Unfortunately, when I search Moog’s site for a 2015 Fiesta S, it shows no control arms. I’ll keep looking, but if anyone here finds the part number, post up, please.

Since a have a small access to parts and parts b2b's I searched and a lot of companies actually sell just the ball joints for the lcas.

Strange detail no1: Tecdoc says the ball joint is the same to fit 1.4tdci, 1.6 zetec, 1.6 st and st200 lca (!)
Strange detail no2: The Moog ball joint part number is completely different to what some members here bought and installed

maybe a US/ EU fiesta difference? :rolleyes:

I tried twice to install ball joints but they fell apart (experienced knocking and the garage told me I should replace the whole arm). What is the correct procedure?

edit: added the cross references that seem to also fit

Attachments

Last edited:
I meant to circle back to this …. I ended up using the Moog ball joints listed above in the stock LCA, and it worked great. I combined that with Whiteline +camber bushings for the rear and the Powerflex bushings in the front. Turned out great.

Tinycarz

I meant to circle back to this …. I ended up using the Moog ball joints listed above in the stock LCA, and it worked great. I combined that with Whiteline +camber bushings for the rear and the Powerflex bushings in the front. Turned out great.
Okay tried following this thread and that was difficult.
So BASE model (s, se, sel, titanium) LCA are not the same as ST ones?

But you can order BASE LCA and but then have to swap the Ball joint, and both front and rear bushings?

So I have a front ball joint knock, yay, and dont want to press joints. But can easily just do an LCA swap, but to do that i would need to buy the $$$ Hardrace ones that suck anyway? or buy BASE stock ones and have to press in a new ball joint anyway? or find a dealer who understands this is a ST specific part and order the LCA for me

Lays

Okay tried following this thread and that was difficult.
So BASE model (s, se, sel, titanium) LCA are not the same as ST ones?

But you can order BASE LCA and but then have to swap the Ball joint, and both front and rear bushings?

So I have a front ball joint knock, yay, and dont want to press joints. But can easily just do an LCA swap, but to do that i would need to buy the $$$ Hardrace ones that suck anyway? or buy BASE stock ones and have to press in a new ball joint anyway? or find a dealer who understands this is a ST specific part and order the LCA for me

You don't have to swap the balljoints on the base LCA, only the front-most bushing. I have moog base-model LCAs in my car, only thing I did was swap the front bushings out for some powerflex.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The revival of this thread got me thinking; has anyone found taller ball joints other than the super-expensive HARDRACE ones?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The revival of this thread got me thinking; has anyone found taller ball joints other than the super-expensive HARDRACE ones?
Not that I am aware of and the hardrace ones are actually too big for our control arms in the fact that there is not enough metal to surround them as they were designed to fit a shorter ball joint. D-Resonant pointed this out to me when he was looking at options.

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not that I am aware of and the hardrace ones are actually too big for control in the fact that there is not enough metal to surround them as they were designed to fit a shorter ball joint. D-Resonant pointed this out to me when he was looking at options.
Great timing - thanks! I was just about to buy a pair.

Tinycarz

Alright since its my daily, not my race car I am thinking just grab the LCA and push the original front bushings in. MOOG is warning me of high lead time any one use the amazon doormans and have issues?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Alright since its my daily, not my race car I am thinking just grab the LCA and push the original front bushings in. MOOG is warning me of high lead time any one use the amazon doormans and have issues?
I've not heard anything specifically about Doorman's LCAs for our cars but, in general, Doorman stuff is shit compared to Moog.